• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Topic

Level 37
Put here bugs you've found.

Information about bugs:

• The game crashes
  • Something isn't saved/loaded correctly
  • If you see an item with "BANNED" text
  • A boss doesn't do anything, except basic attacks(all bosses have at least something)
  • An enemy doesn't give experience(every enemy should give experience)
  • An enemy doesn't give gold(includes bosses too)
  • There's an enemy unit that respawns and you can gain gold from it(you shouldn't be able to "grind" in this game)
  • Something wrong with item description(colors wrong for example)
  • Grammar error(about anywhere)
  • Music is not playing or two songs at once
  • An intelligent passive unit isn't talking back to you(floating text)
  • Item or ability doesn't do what it should
  • An enemy does something when stunned
  • If you see an enemy with child picture.
  • And more....

Last edited:
Level 1
I found some bugs or maybe they're not, but anyways:
1. Power Hammer, when it makes 600 chargers the bonus is no longer.
2. Sword of Haste, the same, when it makes 300 charges the bonus is no longer.
3. In chapter 6, i cant make several items, altough i have all the things necessary.
4. Some Epic Bosses atacks normaly, they dont use spells, for example, epic boss chapter 1, and epic boss ch 6.

Level 1
Epic boss chapter 1 - The Archmage
Epic boss chapter 6 - Jurxy

-when they start to cast a spell, (especially with the archmage) it doesn't happen anything. I beat them very easy because of that.

Level 5
Shame. :[

Why icons can crash the game? Strange.

I recently replayed the campaign and at chapter 7, after Fradz won the first round of the gladiator arena , he got "removed". I cant select him anyhow , it didnt happen the first time i played it.

Level 1
I experienced this in Chapter 1

The area where the character's spell book is located (a blank square of land somewhere above or beside the main land on the minimap) is shown on my screen.(I got to this because I assigned the spell book to 2 [ctrl+2] and double pressed to direct my screen to where the unit is). I saw numbers indicating damage coming out from that area (I think this is a bug too). Then I tried to use the rank 2 Fire Spell (the one with the volcano) on the area (it was 3 am and I was bored :p) then a popup came up saying I shouldn't cheat and the options were like as if I lost. I didn't even cheat..unless what I did was considered cheating :p

I was playing in Easy mode, btw. And only tried in Chapter 1, haven't tried in other Chapters.

Level 1
The game say "Please don't use cheat in this campaign" when i sold stuff in my inventory.Is this a bug or you can sell thing for money in this campaign.This didn't happen when playing child mode though.

Level 1
I was selling some items from my boxes because i thought it would be faster and i got the cheats message this happened in Ch 1 when selling to the Weapon vendor

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
I confirm the bug when you sell an item from the boxes you get the No Cheating message. It's because the anti-cheat is probably so that if player 6 gets ANY gold (due to keysersoze/greedisgood) it kicks the player because there is no possible way for it to get gold so unless you're cheating. but there is a way to get it gold. Since the item boxes belong to player 6, selling items from them gives player 6 gold.

Level 5
fire demon bug
it already deal damage for 5 seconds
but
the spawned demons can't be controlled
it's like the demons ordered to move only to the position where the enemy died
i can order it to move but then one second after he go back to the spawned position
and phoenix combo is somehow overpowered

Level 1
I found some serious buges on Chapter 6 and 7.
One Character's inventory box is gone, but can't know exactly who's box.
It was changed when I restarted.
And in Chapter 7, ver 1.9's new skills, such as Fiery ball, energy ball, Galeoth's order.... are all removed.
So I can't use them anymore.
What the hell are they?!!!!!!
Please fix them if you can!!!

Level 5
yea i found the inventory box somehow disappeared mine is 5th fradz box

then some custom spell effects somehow didnt appeared when you load a saved game

and some bugs when you skip cinematic like
-boss can't be damaged by magic the first 5-10 seconds( not sure )
-boss custom spell effect didnt appear but still give damage ( like xada ulltimate form skill that really deadly and become more deadly because i can't see it :( )
-boss didnt use ability ( when you fight xada he should heal himself when low hp but its hitting me instead )

omega orb didnt spawn at greater elemental golem even i kill it together many times

Level 5
Found some strange bugs.

1. Fradz's Illusionary double is not functioning. no Illusions were spawned, ever.
meaning Mine is stuck with an useless passive (really liked that skill for fradz)

2. The phoenix combo dealt over 4400 damage per hit on first lvl.
I killed the epic boss in chapter 1 with just 1 shot. I had good items but I am quite sure that (12*4400)+289 is not supposed to be the formula (might be worth checking)

overall when leaving dungeons, and after cutscenes, the music playing kept on playing. the cutscene music was faintly hearable near the location. But the dungeon music just kept on going. (had to go in the dungeon again and re exit to make it stop)

Also a little suggestion:
How about a little test when picking your spells?
So you see how a spell functions before you have to pick.

I usually give up and restart because I thought I could do better on my skill sets,
or they did not what I envisioned them doing.

A little example or test would be good

30-10-13:
Found an other one.
I selected the summon flame elemental for phodom, and the whole skill was missing from my skill set. had only 5 skills
instead of 6. the abilities I chose where:
1.Soulburn
2.Summon fire elemental
3.Fiery ball
4.powerheal
5.phoenix combo
6.that taunt shout (forgot the name)

Anyway keep up the great work,
love the campaign, and a great fan of the whole story

Vlad727

Last edited:

gpr

gpr

Level 2
Found new bugs. In Chp2 the epic boss temple does not open even after killing the guardians.

Level 18
Epic bug :
I got +4k attack damage with fradz for nothing in the second chapter -> Easy Epic quest (with ninja reflex on heal) and let's say easy mission xD

Oh another -> : I got a fatal error (still in second chapter) when I managed to finish the obelisks riddle.

Attachments

• Bug.png
    Bug.png
    429.9 KB · Views: 253
Level 6
bug:
-Chapter 3: find a way to defeat 2 golems (in ring): I can complete it without kill them jst need to place ice shape after the door, spam ice sphere and it open (i forgot all spell name :v)

Level 1
Game crash?

When I sell things fromout the boxes to the shop, the screen with you can't use cheats on this map pops up. How can that be a cheat? Or is it a bug

Level 1
I found some bugs too.
Cryistal Golem puzzle is not working.
They just die like another monster.
Twice galeoth's one inventory box is mad.
It uses the item in itself all every 2minutes.
What the......

Level 2
I'd like to add that I'm wondering how to get the rune cloak which is needed for Galeoth's set, because I really cant find Orb of Degeneration anywhere, unless the requirements for the recipe are changed with the text of the recipe being incorrect or the item has been replaced/moved.
Also, the Super Holgro recipe cant be completed with a True Zozi (only a normal Zozi) and the normal Holgro boosts +30 stats, while the item description says +100 stats for 20 sec with 60 sec cd.

I found some serious buges on Chapter 6 and 7.
One Character's inventory box is gone, but can't know exactly who's box.
It was changed when I restarted.
I've noticed this myself too, the cause for this is a bug with the Unholy Cloak. The item gives you a sort of perm-invisibility unless you attack, but when a box picks it up the item makes the box disappear after a few seconds (normally you should see it while its invisible since its a friendly unit, but it just disappears from the map)
Certain items like the one which gives like 20-30sec windwalk (forgot the name) can also cause this issue if you use them inside the box, but the box returns when the duration is over.

Level 1
Hmm...... Thanks for your help.
But my case is not kind of that.
Whether what item is inside is not worried thing.
IT JUST GONE RANDOMLY....

Once happened, lost forever..... ㅠㅠ

Level 1
Hi there, I don't know if this has already been reported, but I downloaded this campaign a few years ago when I was playing warcraft quite a lot, and I really enjoyed it. And now that I'm back in business while I'm waiting for Warlords of Draenor, I decided to play this campaign again. But when I launch the Prologue, the screen becomes all black and stays like this all the time. I tried with another chapter it's the same. Has anyone else had this bug? Or you Aeroblyctos has someone already reported such a problem? As my cds are quite old and scratched, I downloaded the game from Battle.net on my account (maybe this can help).

Level 1
Well, no, indeed I thought by downloading on Bnet it was already in the latest version but it is in 1.21b. I'll try to update and I tell you if it works. Thank for the advice anyway.

Level 1
Hello, i wanted to report a bug in chapter 1, phodom doesn't appear, like he has the hide unit trigger activated, i downloaded this campaign last year and didn't finish it, so i downloaded again, its strange because the first time i played the chosen ones, this didn't happen, Please help.

Level 1
But i did complete the prologue first, but im gonna try doing it again and see what happens.

Edit: oh now its working, i was too excited to play this and didn't wait for the start game at the end of the prologue, i had forgotten that, sorry for bothering.

Last edited:
Level 3
After starting Ch 1 with saved resources I triggered the Save Dart Quest while digging beside the farm. I am not sure if its related but afterwards I couldn't find the Wuzz Shaman for Boots of Sunrise.

Level 37
After starting Ch 1 with saved resources I triggered the Save Dart Quest while digging beside the farm. I am not sure if its related but afterwards I couldn't find the Wuzz Shaman for Boots of Sunrise.

If I remember correctly after the boss things little change. Some quests or bosses cannot be anymore killed and and others become then available. Also the music changes if you noticed.

Level 3
The thing is I recall the Shaman, like Ormester, should be avaliable after the Shadow Golem boss. I'm going to try a few different things to see if I can get him to spawn.

Edit: It spawns properly if I clear the hill before triggering the main quest.

Last edited:
Level 1
Sometimes custom spell effects don't appear, be for boss or character, i don't know what to do it i can't play the campaign because i can¿t see bosses spells, this continues after restarting the game and the pc.

Level 1
Yes the spell effects only appear when starting the chapter, but after saving and loading some time later the effects don't appear anymore. I don't know what causes this, the version i have is 1.9o.

Level 37
I know this bug and I cannot fix it; it's Blizzard bug. If you play a long time a single map at some point when enough effects are shown, no more effects are shown. This happens to every map, I just use too many effects.

It seems like I have to reduce some effects... But what I wonder. What effects are shown too much?

Level 1
one of the effects that i have seen that show the most are those green explosions, the ones the epic boss in chapter 5 uses in his 2nd and 3rd form. also the enemies who drop the unholy set in chapter 6 use them when they surround themselves in the green shield.

Last edited:
Level 3
Bug Time The Chosen One 1.9o

Bug1:Chapter 1:1.double songs....2. if you kill the boss, the song boss it still play..3. if you see the elite boss cinematic , the elite song play has stop..4. if you take the elite boss quest, footman has still have the (!).

Bug2:Chapter 3:1. Epic boss if start to fight the epic boss song has change to elite song boss...2. i click in the epic boss to awakin my esper and my esper has been vanish..

Bug3: Chapter 4: if you kill 1 miniboss the miniboss number u taking double. 2. the miniboss is 5 , but its said is 0/4 if i kill all boss its going to 10/4 ( Lawl ). 3. if you kill the trees and plans monster you take 0 gold ...

now im chapter 5 :)

Level 37
Bug1:Chapter 1:1.double songs....2. if you kill the boss, the song boss it still play..3. if you see the elite boss cinematic , the elite song play has stop..4. if you take the elite boss quest, footman has still have the (!).

Bug2:Chapter 3:1. Epic boss if start to fight the epic boss song has change to elite song boss...2. i click in the epic boss to awakin my esper and my esper has been vanish..

Bug3: Chapter 4: if you kill 1 miniboss the miniboss number u taking double. 2. the miniboss is 5 , but its said is 0/4 if i kill all boss its going to 10/4 ( Lawl ). 3. if you kill the trees and plans monster you take 0 gold ...

now im chapter 5 :)

Okay good good. BUgs added down.

Level 3
Global bug: Fradz and galeoth.. im going invisible and i do damage from nothing like spike damage and i throw away the monsters and im still invisible xD

Edit bug 1.5: Chapter 2: the west barbarian merchant have enemy circle :)

bug2 Chapter 3: well if i kill the miniboss troll .. the miniboss number i taking double so its going 2/1

bug 3 Chapter 4:1. medal of heroism does not give 10% gold and exp...2. the normal boss when it's about to die and he is with 1hp life it appears that the fight is over but actually it isn't.

bug 4 Chapter 5:1. the wolves when it's changes to night they dissapear but they hit you.

Last edited:
Level 37
Global bug: Fradz and galeoth.. im going invisible and i do damage from nothing like spike damage and i throw away the monsters and im still invisible xD

I don't understand this bug. I've no idea what you're talking about...

Edit bug 1.5: Chapter 2: the west barbarian merchant have enemy circle :)

You mean it's enemy unit?

bug2 Chapter 3: well if i kill the miniboss troll .. the miniboss number i taking double so its going 2/1

OK.

bug 3 Chapter 4:1. medal of heroism does not give 10% gold and exp...2. the normal boss when it's about to die and he is with 1hp life it appears that the fight is over but actually it isn't.

Item will be fixed but the boss will die after 30 second.

bug 4 Chapter 5:1. the wolves when it's changes to night they dissapear but they hit you.

OK.