• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Heals nd Heals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So i have problem in making the spell -
spell X is on unit Y
X heals Y every 2 sec by 50hp
X heals all units in 400 AOE around Y by 400 every 30sec
X is STACKABLE if multiple Y are present
X damages enemy at melee range of Y by 10
X damages enemy units in 1000 AOE by 100 every 60sec
X makes Y damage -
9x to building
1.5 x to normal units
normal damage + 2%of heroes current hp to hero
Y reteruns 20 + damage taken +10% of hp as damage when attacked
it is a bit complex but i tried as-
demolish for multiplier
priest heal for heal
yet cant get it to work
it will be no problem if they are 2 spells
and yes how do i get a unit treant protector UPROOTED FORM (plz tell how to get that m only getting tht twr form ) summon 2 rooted TWRS on killing a enemy unit and 4 for killing a hero.
edit- the skill is passive or non mana consumng with no cast point and does NOT interrrupt current actions of unit casting it

Last edited:
Level 23
well, you would have to trigger it but it will be a little bit harder to make it stack but because its only heal and damage mostly its not that hard just the stacking
However, Y reteruns 20 + damage taken +10% of hp as damage when attacked may require DDS
If I have some time Ill try to make it work

Level 3
well that return parts done-
Event-when a units attacked
-condition - attacked unit =X
action - issue order to unit damaging target (triggering unit) by 20+damage taken+10% of current hp (by unit property)

Level 20
spell X is on unit Y + edit- the skill is passive or non mana consuming with no cast point and does NOT interrrupt current actions of unit casting it

If it's passive it has to happen together with an attack, with damage dealt, or with casting something else. Else, you'll have to detect somehow the target "Y", because otherwise, casting something without interrupting current order wouldn't require a target, but cast on self abilities like Berserk or Mana Shield.

X heals Y every 2 sec by 50hp
Easy

X heals all units in 400 AOE around Y by 400 every 30sec
Including Y unit? I mean, Y will be healed by 50 every 2 seconds and by 400 every 30 seconds as long as it's in 400 AoE near to X?
X is STACKABLE if multiple Y are present
I guess it means that it's MUI, and can be casteabled by the same unit into different units at the same time.
X damages enemy at melee range of Y by 10
Melee range would be around 128 AoE around the unit.. or in front of the unit?
X damages enemy units in 1000 AOE by 100 every 60sec
Easy
X makes Y damage: 9x to building / 1.5 x to normal units / normal damage + 2%of heroes current hp to hero
Easy
Y reteruns 20 + damage taken +10% of hp as damage when attacked
10% of current HP, or 10% of max hp? And returns as magic damage? chaos dmg? normal dmg?

This will require several triggers, JASS will make it a lot easier, but still. This ability seems WAY overpowered i mean.. TOO many damage, TOO many damage return; TOO many heal, etc. Your description still has some flaws, try to be more clear and precise about every effect you want.

Level 28
This ability seems WAY overpowered i mean.. TOO many damage, TOO many damage return; TOO many heal, etc. Your description still has some flaws, try to be more clear and precise about every effect you want.
Maybe all his spells are like that? Then it's not overpowered :)
The largest issue would be to compress all that information in a tooltip.
I mean, basically the spell is just a timer with regular interval checks (for every 2, 3, 30, 60 seconds) to do some healing/damaging and add a custom "Demolish"-ability for bonus damage, but the tooltip.. that really requires some thinking.

Well, I haven't really got anything useful to add. Spartipilo said it all.

Level 3

If it's passive it has to happen together with an attack, with damage dealt, or with casting something else. Else, you'll have to detect somehow the target "Y", because otherwise, casting something without interrupting current order wouldn't require a target, but cast on self abilities like Berserk or Mana Shield.

Easy

Including Y unit? I mean, Y will be healed by 50 every 2 seconds and by 400 every 30 seconds as long as it's in 400 AoE near to X?optional but btr if yes
I guess it means that it's MUI, and can be casteabled by the same unit into different units at the same time.
Melee range would be around 128 AoE around the unit.. or in front of the unit?AOE
Easy
Easy
10% of current HP, or 10% of max hp? And returns as magic damage? chaos dmg? normal dmg?

This will require several triggers, JASS will make it a lot easier, but still. This ability seems WAY overpowered i mean.. TOO many damage, TOO many damage return; TOO many heal, etc. Your description still has some flaws, try to be more clear and precise about every effect you want.i wrote on the post above that i did this part

red........

Level 20
I think you're not getting the hang of it.

The only abilities that doesn't interrupt the Caster order are self-cast, doesn't have a target unit. How do you want us to do an ability that picks the right unit if there's no unit to target?

You're saying that Y is.. but it's a unit? it's a specific unit type? It's a unit indexed into an array based on player number? Is it a hero pet? Is this for a AoS map? This will be in JASS, and if I do this, you won't understand most of it to "adjust it" to what you want (since i'm still not quite sure of how do you want this to work) so, it will be useless.

I mean... you're telling us you want something, but i'm afraid you're not aware of how triggering is done in Wc3, and how arguments, groups, id's, timers, and stuff's have to be handled.

WHO is X? WHO is Y? How do I trigger "Cast abc on Y"?

Level 3
WAT?! ............................................cant it be triggered that player with ability X to heal himself every X seconds

Level 28
WAT?! ............................................cant it be triggered that player with ability X to heal himself every X seconds
Yeah, of course that can be done.
The problem was that you want "Spell X to be cast on unit Y" without a unit-order. There's a serious logical error in there.

If it is self-cast, then it is possible (like divine shield, that doesn't interrupt orders and doesn't necessarily consume mana - it can also be turned on and off if you would want that).

Level 3
i said if its non mana consuming and doesnt interrupt on current order then the skill can be an active one and maybe an autocastable

Level 20
Can't be autocastable. Wc3 has no auto-cast ability that doesn't interrupt current orders.

Can have 0 mana cost

The skill REQUIRES A TARGET (wich is Y) so, it WILL interrupt orders.

As ap0calypse said, yes, you can, but you'r not requesting that, you're requesting X casting on Y and then, several effects for both.

Level 3
ok so we can leave that.
cant we trigger it as-
periodic event
unit has skill X
set his life to current life +160?

Level 28
ok so we can leave that.
cant we trigger it as-
periodic event
unit has skill X
set his life to current life +160?
I wouldn't do it with a periodic event, but with a "unit learns ability"-event.

Edit: misunderstood the question, I thought you wanted to increase max HP.
This is exactly what you asked for, so since it's quite basic you probably just didn't explain it well enough:

• HP
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Spell for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + 160.00)

Level 20
I think he means "Heal over time", periodic heal. And yes, it can be done, but it's nothing similar to what you requested first.

If you make this a Target Required ability stopping current orders it's pretty easy. If you make this a Pre-set target ability (self and pet, self and nearest target, 2 nearest targets, your nearest enemy, and your nearest ally, etc.) it's a bit harder, but it's still easy to do, and you can do it without interrumpting orders.

Level 3
again m clarifying wat i want-
a spell which deals
9X normal damage to buildings
1.5x normal to units
and to heroes 1.5x + a percent of their current hp
this spell also heals the unit (which has this spell) by 160 hp every 5 sec
thats minimum
optional-
the spell also heals all units in 400 AOE including X by 400 every 60 sec
it damages enemy by 10 every sec in 128 AOE around the unit X

Level 28
Yes, we know what you want (I just wrote that trigger to get you to explain your problem more clearly).
The problem isn't with what the spell does, but with the targets.

You just said "a spell which deals". That doesn't explain it at all.
So is the skill just a passive one (always enabled)? Is it a target-cast? Is it a self-cast?

For the uprooted Ancients: that depends on what you want.
The default model for an ancient is the uprooted one, so you can just give another unit that model and you've got an uprooted ancient.
If you also want it to be able to root, you can create an Ancient and order him to uproot (you can also set the uproot time to 0. so it happens instantly).

Level 3
the spell deals mean that IF enemy unit get within range of 128 (like permanent immolation) they get damage
but if that isnt possible
a spell which deals damage to enemy who attack it

Status
Not open for further replies.