• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Trigger Enhanced Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Can someone help me build a spell?

I am trying to make a spell called "Explosive Wave." It is like a ring that moves out form the caster and stops at x range. When it crosses over an enemy it creates an explosion, killing enemies (not heroes) lower than level 3, and damages other units for y amount of damage. Can someone give me the triggers for this?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
LOL you can do it with normal WE.

Moderators, this post is clearly in the wrong section, move it to the GUI/JASS(recomended) fourm.

You have to create a dummy wave unit in a circle around the caster, order them to "move" furthur out and then using triggers, every 0.10 seconds pick all units around the waves and do your actions then using handle attach a boolean to the unit which you set to units effected by it to stop them being hit multiple times. This is IMPOSSIABLE without jass, if you do not know jass, choose to make a different spell or give more detial so others can help you more.

Level 8
LOL you can do it with normal WE...
This is IMPOSSIABLE without jass

Just a thought...
It can be done in GUI. If you create a nova using something like breath of fire, you can make buff duration for a short period of time and then pick the units with the buff every x seconds of game. To disable the trigger running multiple times per unit, you can use custom values to store whether they have been targeted by the trigger yet. This may not be the cleanest way of doing it, but those who have a good understanding of GUI can do it rather easily.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
pick the units,
You just answered your own question why it can not be done WITHOUT jass (DID NOT SAY NO GUI).
pick the units needs a group, groupes can not be destroyed/removed without the use of jass, without destroying/removing them it will leak.

It is like a ring that moves out form the caster and stops at x range

He wants it that when cast, the effect applies to all units around the caster with a 360 graphic effect. Well atleast that is what I think he wants since if not, "ring" is not the right word he should have used. . .

Level 8
You don't necessarily have to destroy the group. You can, for example, set the group equal to something like selling unit, which you don't use, and it is declared as empty. Then you don't have to continually create new groups, since you can reuse the one that you first used. And concerning the ring, that is why you use a nova, as I said before: something that permeates out from the caster. Just create 8 dummies and have them each cast breath of fire spell at a different 45 degree interval, thus creating a "ring" of fire/whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.