• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ocherednoy_les_001.pngj-yPlwtsuZU (1).jpgReforged4_001.pngScreen00124 (1).pngSecondReforged005.png
FirstReforged002.jpgReforged3_001.pngPortal_01.pngPortal_03.png4.png

Last edited:
Level 13
Looks pretty good to me! Nice one :)

Very nice :)

Thanks!)

["USER=140552 said:
@Keiji[/USER] Maybe it's time to start hosting Reforged terrain contests ;)

A good idea)

I see a little beast peaking out a geyser on the left

What props did you use for the rock floor? looks legit

I used only standard models. Floor it seems like one of the barrens stones.

Does the background look good? Or too unnatural?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
There's nothing wrong in this piece this looks perfect. Glad you completely forgot that idea of 'spamming rocks' like what you did in your classic terrains lol, rock forms here looks great, I think Reforged rocks look really good and it is used very perfectly in this piece. Good work.

Thanks)
I seem to have never sinned the same spam-stones)

Updated the gallery.
SecondReforged005.png Reforged3_001.png

Thanks)
I seem to have never sinned the same spam-stones)

Updated the gallery.
View attachment 347813 View attachment 347814

The first one looks fine, but then again you should probably remove that barrier at the front, show us something in there, a pathway maybe? That foreground is 15% the size of your scene that's wasted with just the wall (or previously with a random rocks and shrubs), but other than that everything looks good (In my opinion). The second one however looks very brown, perhaps you can add colorful crystals to it? Or flowers? Green cactus? Any colorful decors that will fit in the barrens - the idea in this terrain is great not gonna lie, it's like India - Pakistani - Tibet kind of scene - because of the circular roof structures in the mountains, but with a wizard travelling to it :D.

Last edited:
Level 13
Amazing work. Do continue with it :]

Thank you)

The first one looks fine, but then again you should probably remove that barrier at the front, show us something in there, a pathway maybe? That foreground is 15% the size of your scene that's wasted with just the wall (or previously with a random rocks and shrubs), but other than that everything looks good (In my opinion). The second one however looks very brown, perhaps you can add colorful crystals to it? Or flowers? Green cactus? Any colorful decors that will fit in the barrens - the idea in this terrain is great not gonna lie, it's like India - Pakistani - Tibet kind of scene - because of the circular roof structures in the mountains, but with a wizard travelling to it :D.

Agree with you. I will try to diversify the Fiery Mountains.
100% need to be redone to redo the foreground in a second job and make fewer stone walls.

I added another art)
Maybe remove the island in the distance and the ship? And make this place more abandoned?

Reforged4_001.png

Level 34
These look really good, well done!
Have you tried more extreme lighting? Using glow models and whatnot to add even more atmosphere. I think that would take these over the top!

It looks great. Neat atmosphere:)

Also, rem;)ember there’s an edit button

This looks awesome!

Archian and Ralle posting in the terrain forum?! Things have changed around here! lol

Level 14
Its not about the way you desinged that terrain, but I dont like the new models...
I think there are much better selfmade models from the community out there, even the old models were better imo.
WC3 just lost its charm thanks to blizzard!

Its not about the way you desinged that terrain, but I dont like the new models...
I think there are much better selfmade models from the community out there, even the old models were better imo.
WC3 just lost its charm thanks to blizzard!

Personally I disagree just look at how BranaR has been able to use the new Reforged assets to create brilliant dioramas. As someone who has been playing a lot of Reforged graphics recently they do grow in familiarity to you, not to say some assets don't need improvement/changes but by and large LemonSky did create high quality models and textures.

Level 35
Guys, let's not turn this into another fight about how reforged looks and focus on BranaR's works instead, okay?

Anyway, lovely to finally see someone do some scenic terrains, and I must say I do like them, especially the last two. Right out of the gate I can see that the "less is more" principle is going to be a big thing for reforged scenic terraining, as the level of details on the models can easily make the terrains seem cluttered.

I feel like this is the case with the first two, a little too many doodads are crammed into them, I would personally look into working sparingly with the scaling tool to see of fewer doodads could do the magic.

I really like the way you used the dalaran structures to make some sort of taj mahal desert castle, very creative.

But my favorite is the last one, it really embodies the principle of "less is more" perfectly, while at the same time it retains a rich and aesthetically pleasing level of details.

Level 13
Guys, let's not turn this into another fight about how reforged looks and focus on BranaR's works instead, okay?

Anyway, lovely to finally see someone do some scenic terrains, and I must say I do like them, especially the last two. Right out of the gate I can see that the "less is more" principle is going to be a big thing for reforged scenic terraining, as the level of details on the models can easily make the terrains seem cluttered.

I feel like this is the case with the first two, a little too many doodads are crammed into them, I would personally look into working sparingly with the scaling tool to see of fewer doodads could do the magic.

I really like the way you used the dalaran structures to make some sort of taj mahal desert castle, very creative.

But my favorite is the last one, it really embodies the principle of "less is more" perfectly, while at the same time it retains a rich and aesthetically pleasing level of details.

Thank you for the advice. I fully agree with the listed disadvantages. There are definitely problems with a lot of details. On most, the foreground is incorrectly built.
I'm not sure that I can fix the problems in these works, unfortunately I dont have time. But in the following I will try not to allow these points.

Here is another work. This is semiVIP, or draft.

Portal_01.png

Pretty nice terrains! Very impressive that you have made Reforged look good.

Some comments about the Elven Sanctuary though;

1) The trees in the red squares are all rotated the same direction.
2) The cloud in the green square is clipping through the ground. Try to decrease its Z size a bit.

screenshot_1-png.361066

Also have you tried placing some of Talavaj's candle sconces inside the worgen oil lamps?

I'm just nitpicking, all the screenshots are great!

Level 4
Wow that's amazing! Did you import any models for the tree in Parots or portal in your northern terrain?

eejin

Tool Moderator
Level 12
What doodads did you use for the cave rock floor in the first picture exactly? You said Barrens previously, but the only doodad that is that spiky/edgy is the fissure. The only problem is that has a green particle effect.

Level 35
Oh, how I wish I had a computer to join you on this journey, BranaR. Those last ones are simply stellar, especially the parrots one.

I'm honestly surprised few else is picking up scenic rerraining with reforged, seeing here what you can do.

Level 14
You have such an effortlessness to your architecture. I'm glad you've delved into more "playable" stuff too. The assets in reforged are so absurdly versatile and this a highlight and testament to that fact.

Hopefully some time soon more people will realize this...

Status
Not open for further replies.