• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Uber landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, guys, today i want to show u some new uber technique
I hope u will remember this day like a revolution in wc3 landscape ^^

P.S. Not all possible ubersplat textures are used
If u have questions - i'm here, ask )
This map is open resource, enjoy! ) :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    767.1 KB · Views: 923
  • splattest2.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 274
Level 36
You could write a better description to this.

Like for instance, telling why it's so "uber," what's unique about it, giving people some incentive to actually download it and use it, you know. Explain what it works like, is it just tiles, or is there some alteration in the software? Making landscaping simpler, or different? I mean, honestly, without downloading the thing I sit here with more questions than answers, and I would really like to have those answers portrayed in the thread before I download it :p

Just a suggestion.

Level 2
UberSplat Terrain System
1. Create your own dummy-building, by analogy with existing ones.
2. Open the Trigger Editor and find the trigger SplatsDB.
You can see two sets of variables (more arrays), one - a dummy types (SplatMB [X] = 'xxxx'), the second - the types splatov (SplatDB [X] = "XXXX"), you need to add information about your new splate here .
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9079/50737887.png

3. To begin with - add information about the dummy building's update to the line with a new assignment variable with the next sequence number (in my case: the last number - 2, so I Finish the line "SplatMB [3] = ...") and then sign well put equal to the code of your dummy (you can find using the Object Editor, by using the Show variable names / Ctrl + D), I have it - 'ust4'.
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2684/45403498.png

4. Now add the information about the splate, in order to find out the code splata can use all the same See the names of variables, but you can also look at the table "Splats \ UberSplatData.slk" from the archives of the game. I have it turned "HCAS".
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6243/23434074.png

Warning: the number of the building and its splata need to match, otherwise the result will not be.
The same numbering in the list should be inseparable, because counter used splatov stops at the first blank cell.
Actually, all) Now, your dummy will be building handled by the system in any quantity.
Simply copy UberSplatTerrainSystem Editor triggers in your map and save it (available in map units and splaty, if necessary, of course, have to carry separately.)

By Nyuu and reALien (xgm)

Attachments

• USTS.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 132

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

After reading this whole post, I have no idea what this is... Care to explain what is so revolutionary about a simple terrain with custom textures?
FaithPonderer.bmp

Level 4
I didn't imply that you should "force" anyone to doing anything >.>

I was mut merely trying to tell you that you could do a little more interesting introduction to your map, to make people more "tempted" to use it.
My apologies for trying to help <.<

The screenshot did actually denote the result so there's the motivation for downloading, so people can see what he did. I agree that the guide is much better, but anyone who has rudimentary knowledge can pick it up pretty easily. I think the "Uber Landscape" name is a pretty nice play on words.

Not shooting you down, just think some of it was unnecessary.

Level 18
okay 1) The screenshot i can not see. is the link broken ?

2) Okay your talking to the terrain forum here. The majority of us are either A)to lazy to deal with triggers, B) Dont know how triggers work, or C have no idea what language your speaking in when you talk about Ubersplats.

I want to know more about this since the title intrigued me, but have no clue on how to start, where to begin o_O or anything.

Level 6
Well I think he explained it quite simply but anyway, you just copy the trigger into your map(they are in the map USTS it should be a few posts down the original one), there's no variables to it at least i haven't seen any, next you make a dummy building just like the ones in the attached map, and then hit Ctrl+D in object editor to get the same view as it is on the picture, insert the number before colon as you see it ust4:htow http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2684/45403498.png into any of the fields(the ones ending with MB), and then insert the ID of ubersplat in this case HCAS http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6243/23434074.png into the corresponding field ending with DB(if you typed number into field MB(3) the ubersplat ID must appear in field DB(3)).
As for importing your own tiles ubersplat is normally called Ground Texture it is the shit that appears under buildings like bricks under barracks etc, if you check the import manager in attached map you can see there are a few replaced textures already. Now if you want your own tile tap ctrl+D again in object editor to bring back the default view, and look throught the "Ground Textures" of building for a texture that isn't used already, and then import a texture of your chosing and give it a path f.e ReplaceableTextures\Splats\GoldmineUberSplat.blp if you want to replace a ground texture of goldmine, its simple as that.

Last edited:
Level 4
Just to provide an alternative to said trigger method- It is quite possible, at least for ground texture splats so far as I know.

You make a dummy building with 0 collision, remove pathing and all that jazz, and with invulnerable and locust as abilities to make it just terrain for all purposes to use in playable maps. Once it's made, copy paste it a few times and assign each one a different splat texture and wa-la! Oh, and as in Nyuu's example map, you may very well want to change the model file to hpconsolebar or whatever, since that's a pretty much surefire way to remove click selection and means you don't have to worry about a tiny model in the center of each splat.

If you decide to use other splat replacements though, you might very well have to fall back to Nyuu's trigger method.

Status
Not open for further replies.