• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any Terraining Tips for a Snow Landscape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Too really give you tipps, only saying "snowy landscape" is way to less information, to help you.
I and I guess many other people around here will try to help you, but first, please, give us some more information about what the terrain should look like and what "snowy landscape" means for yu!

Level 7
I mean a snowy forest with the occasional cliff or lake. The trees are spread so its playable and i have made a beautiful lake (playing with height tool and ice tileset and a water model) But it still looks so hollow. I mean arent there anything i can use to fill the area between the trees exept rocks?

Level 23
It might help if you could post a picture of what you currently have.

A nice addition that I could give you right now, is scaling down the crystal doodad from icecrown with a z scale of 0.1 or less and using it as ice on the lake, you don't have to cope the whole lake, but parts of it might look good!

Level 7
wc3screen1.png

wc3screen2.png

Level 3
Mushrooms, white flowers, wild animals, birds, small animals(beavers\squirrels\bears?), bones, pillars, ruins, abandoned camps\buildings...

I hope this was sarcasm.

EDIT:
@Fisher:
These rocks really don't fit. And, where is the fog?

Level 6
First of all, the rocks they look wierd (no idea how to discribe it :p) try to lower them and make them with diverend sizes.
And some of the trees are inside a rock.
I hope this will help you, good luck with your terrain

Those rocks look like they are sinking into the ground - like I said, your going to want to use doodads made for snowy terrain - those definitely aren't.

I generally don't like the sea weed doodad anyways, but if the waters freezing then there's no way sea weed would be growing (and it wouldn't be able to stick out of the water even on normal conditions - heck it can't even grow in climates that freeze like that).

I generally dislike the Ice waterfall doodad too, but I guess thats a manner of opinion.

Rocks do not grow over trees - so trees should not be sunken into rocks

Well its a WiP but the flat background in the second picture is bothering me.

Level 7
Those rocks look like they are sinking into the ground - like I said, your going to want to use doodads made for snowy terrain - those definitely aren't.

I generally don't like the sea weed doodad anyways, but if the waters freezing then there's no way sea weed would be growing (and it wouldn't be able to stick out of the water even on normal conditions - heck it can't even grow in climates that freeze like that).

I generally dislike the Ice waterfall doodad too, but I guess thats a manner of opinion.

Rocks do not grow over trees - so trees should not be sunken into rocks

Well its a WiP but the flat background in the second picture is bothering me.

As i said i could not find any better cliffs/rocks than those and i have fixed the trees inside the rocks now thank you :D . And its supposed to be a half frozen lake, and this is going to be a playable terrain. It doesnt look so bad from the ingame angle. all im asking for is something to fill the void with. I cant just have snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.