• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain practise [Constructive feedback]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Terrain practise [Constructive feedback and tips and tricks!]

Hello guys!

I've been working quite some time with practising making terrain in the editor, but i've come to a point where i need some of you guys' opinions on this little showcase map so far! :csmile:

I'm quite new to the "more advanced terrain" so a lot of constructive feedback is strongly needed! :cgrin:

I'd also really like to hear some good tips and tricks when making terrain. So post any good tips and tricks i you have any! :csmile:

UJ6E0oa.png

9UPBI2T.png

TemERFo.png

40f8ofq.png

hO5VMRB.png

GXfmqCF.png

Level 34
What's the goal with this terrain? Is it part of a map or campaign? Is it practice?

Level 3
What's the goal with this terrain? Is it part of a map or campaign? Is it practice?

It's just practice :wink:

Enable a decent terrain fog for Christ's sake >.>
In the 'park' areas you could use some wooden fences at the roads edges.

Also have you sharpened your images? :/

I'm not totaly sure what you mean with "a decent terrain fog". I'm pretty new at making terrains.

And i've only made the picture lower resolution because of my shitty internet upload speed :goblin_cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.