• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

new terrainer needs some tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
ok im going to be making some cinematics and i know that in cinematics the terrain is very important, so im going to make some terrains befor i get into making my cinamtics what i need from use is that i am asking for what is good for a starting terrainer to terrain and some tips/tricks to makign the terrain AND YES IV READY MANY TOURTORIALS

also iv got this problem that in game and if the camera is far away it goes all black or sometimes the sky shows through the terrain i know that in the WE u can hold ctrl and scroll.is there any way of getting around it????. iv got i pic to show what im talking about here (please remember the terrain is not finished its just to show this problem)

Level 15
does this show what im talking about better??? instead of it being black it will come up with what ever iv set the sky as.it happends in game when the terrain is too far away
also can we go back to the main thing im asking for??

Level 4
i dont think there is any way around it any ways any tips for a beginer to terrain???

I have a tip - maybe read a tutorial about thing you don't know or if there isn't a tutorial ask us about it :)

EDIT: sorry didn't read the first post, maybe start with some terrains first (not start with a whole cinematic) and maybe after 1 month you will have a bit more experience and see some things that are needed and you don't see them now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.