• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

My terrain: The begining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I am not good terrain maker and probably I shouldn't even post my terrains but I need constructive feedback to improve my self.

153782-albums1040-picture30623.png

I'll probably add more as the time goes.

Level 7
In the future, try to do terrains without units and add some kind of doodads instead, it'll make it more interessting :)
Add fog for atmosphere

Level 14
I actually find it quite charming! But work on the crack in the wall, and find a more fitting model instead of the fire elementals on the Old Gods side. This has a certain air of simple symbolism that i love, but you could add more counteracting details, such as standards on the left side, and crystal something or a nothers' on the left. And really just mix it up a bit, and you could even work with some lighting techniques of counteracting glow doodads and lights. One of my more demanding problems is the use of the the blizzard tiles, that are around the wonderful chessboard. They seem undecorated and out of place somehow. Anyways very nice, and i hope to see more of this sort of thing from you!

Level 13
I actually love the idea really much! The execution would be bit better, try to add some cool lighting stuff there and some details on walls. I have the feeling that this could be damn good. I don't often +rep for terrains but this idea is totally worth of it :3

Level 13
Nice to see that people like the idea. And what to add to the walls? Honestly all that space just looks empty which kinda ruins the picture. I tried to add hanging cages but it didn't look good.

I'd change the gate to something better, dunno what. And Then I'd add windows so you could see outside ( maybe lake at night or something :3 moon, water, some trees, you know )

Level 36
Love the forgotten one, how he is closing his eye a little, seems like he's thinking "What should I do?"

But thats about it. Yes, try to not use units in your terrain, rather construct things out of doodads. blablabla, what everyone else said.

Level 24
I freaking love it´s some of the best terrain I´ve ever seen simple and still freaking amazing 5/5 and +rep

Level 24
Is this betwen Yogg-Saron and Kil´jeaden cose I would not really be suprised if that were one of the old gods

Status
Not open for further replies.