• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain for story movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I already got a thread open in the request forum regarding a modeler, but this is about terrain, and that's why i opened an extra thread here :)

So, guys, I was wondering if there'd be any interest in working on a cinematic-LIKE story movie, especially the landscapes? I'm more of a movie maker than mapper, so my terrains are just not good enough to amaze anybody :)

Well, any feedback is very much liked and will end in me posting more information. Also, i'm well prepared.

Thanks for your time.

Level 3
Sorry for bumping.

testbild103v32.jpg

This is the style i am on for now. No one interested in working on this?
Backgrounds very much needed :)

Level 36
Looks... Photoshopped, though that might just be acceptable this once for it being a "movie" of a sort.
As you know, I have already told you of my slight interest, I'll be intrigued to follow this development,
so be sure to post updates.

Level 3
Well actually, thats exactly the problem. It looks fotoshopped :D it doesnt look like wc3 anymore, because i can't seem to have it look good ingame. So i got to spam tons of stuff afterwards, which takes alot of times and doesnt look good :/

Level 20
You would have to make the cinematic in WC3, export the replay, and edit the video in Adobe Video Software... then post on Youtube :p OR Mess a lot with Day Night Models, Fog, and omnilights in game to make some effects.

Level 3
After Effects :)

Maybe i should explain. You can set up a Lens Blur and select a monochromatic reference as depth map. So theres too ways to get your depth.
First is to create i mask consisting of gradients and solids yourself, or the second one i figured out watching some cs movies: Record the warcraft footage a second time, but white a strong whit fog. Works the same then.

Status
Not open for further replies.