• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #4 - Comedy [DEAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
No lyrics. This is a MUSIC contest. And the only way to prove that you are worthy is to create a piece implying only instrumental/synthethized sounds.

I'll give you an example: Eminem's The Real Slim Shady without the lyrics.

Level 35
Okay Bugz, this is, like deep said, a music contest so lyrics will NOT be judged. You can include them but your song will be judged based on the musical content and not the lyrics themselves, which is why deep recommended you refrain from using lyrics at all.

Please do not take these posts personally. Deepstraz is a judge after all and you should be more respectful to him.

To reiterate the rules: "Vocals can be used, though the part being judged is the overall sound. Lyrical content is not judged. "

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Please do not take these posts personally. Deepstraz is a judge after all and you should be more respectful to him.

To reiterate the rules: "Vocals can be used, though the part being judged is the overall sound. Lyrical content is not judged. "

I'm not harsh. And I don't care how contestants treat judges. I'm not superior to anyone. And sometimes judges or those who think they're so good at something prove to be incompetents.

The point is that if bad lyrics or unfitting lyrical sounds are included the song will be compromised and that will lead to a downgrade.

Level 35
I think that's the problem. I do agree that it is much easier to make a song funny with lyrics because the human voice is the most natural instrument. Also, words are more "tangible" than the abstract nature of musical notes. However, I listen to a lot of instrumental music and have found many songs to be quite funny without using any lyrics at all.

That's why this theme is challenging: Without lyrics, how can one go about making music that actually makes people giggle and laugh?

It really tests your creativity to the limits -- there are absolutely no rules to making comedic music. In fact, music that violates these rules is what makes them absurdly funny.

Level 35
So far these are our applicants + potential ones:

• Bugz
  • -Derp-
  • JetFangInferno
  • Devine
  • CoBrA b
  • WhereWolfThereWolf
This looks pretty good but if you consider that half of them are "maybe's", then we definitely need some more contestants.

Also, I don't think I can increase the rep reward so arbitrarily.

Level 35
-Derp-, Devine, and WhereWolfThereWolf are all on the maybe side so at the moment we only have 3 guaranteed contestants. Hopefully when this contest gets approved, people will join as it gets announced globally because I suspect not everyone reads through the contest submission thread.

Level 6
I might just join in :p
The contest itself seems really challenging. I can't assure to bring laughter with my future piece, but i could instantly think of happyness and joy, celebration? Something that'll make you smile :) I think that'd be a theme more approacable.

E: The contest hasn't started yet? If that's the case then you can put me in the list of contestants.

Last edited:
Level 16
KayS, your song is definitely creative and has a nice bluesy feel to it, especially when you do the "E A C D Eb E" in rapid succession, but I feel like it's not quite comedic enough yet. I look forward to how the song will develop :)

No problem... Is a beta!! xD I can do all the changes as The judges say. ;P

Little question: If I use samples of the original sound effects pack of warcraft, It would be a problem?

Edit: I don't know what to do!! What is a comedy rhythm?? Attached the "WTF Version" :p

Attachments

• Hip Hop Hive WTF Version.mp3
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.