• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #13 - Yin & Yang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I made a new entries table (temporarily) in the contest post since it hasn't been updated for a while, just to keep the contest thread updated.

As a reminder, it's 13 days left before it ends, unless extensions appear.

So far so good! Keep them up.

Last edited:
Level 9
Alrighty! Finally got a WIP ready. Hopin' I can finish this in time since I got a late start! Still has a way to go.

upload_2020-1-27_23-19-48.png

Attachments

• Storyline WIP.mp3
    6.5 MB · Views: 140
Level 10
I added something to my entry, but will probably post tomorrow.

@Hakren Impressive WiP and definetly my favorite at the moment. +rep for using Ardour also :p

I just found the guitar chord progession I'd like to use for my entry, so here it is a quick preview of the idea.

Don't pay attention to the kick/hithat during the second part, it was just to notice about the BPM change.

Thanks!! Ardour stood to be my favorite DAW after i tried it. I really like the fact that it is free (although i donate). Also, it's good to see a guitar player around.

Moar.
The song is 4:27 long, don't stop the listening until the whole track is finished.

Hmm that's some nice Geinoh Yamashirogumi feels.

Level 17
2nd wip?? Still got no clue how to Yang the Ying or to Ying the Yang. Maybe its some sort of dance?

Attachments

• into War's Thunder.mp3
    12.1 MB · Views: 198
Level 10
So here is my second WIP and probably final entry. I will make a post explaining it later on. So far a lot of things added, like the Oscar Peterson interview.

Attachments

• The guys next door.mp3
    9.6 MB · Views: 155
Level 4
Here is my WIP:

Attachments

• 2020-02-04 16_50_11-Start.png
    2020-02-04 16_50_11-Start.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Tridinar - Every Darkness Has A Light.mp3
    5.9 MB · Views: 150
Level 4
Hey there, how do I give rep points. I go to click on dots and + sign under the users resource/joined box, but nothing happens. I'd like to give a few people here rep points.

Also, @Hakren - How do you like Ardour? I was thinking about donating and getting the compiled version. It's hard to find tutorials on how to compile the source code.

Level 10
Hey there, how do I give rep points. I go to click on dots and + sign under the users resource/joined box, but nothing happens. I'd like to give a few people here rep points.

Also, @Hakren - How do you like Ardour? I was thinking about donating and getting the compiled version. It's hard to find tutorials on how to compile the source code.

It has a lot of resources and i find it really useful for midi editing, wich is really important to me. It doensn't have a lot of plugins, but comes with some good ones. It's rather different in terms of tools and it does have some limitations like not being able to export directly to mp3 though.

The greatest factor was that it were really acessible and so i went for it.

Can't say much about it's open code because well, my programming capabilities is limited. :grin:

Well, here we go. Ring of fire, a homemade theme mixing choir and synths which are complementary yet unique. When peace and war meet. Acoustic vs synthetic. Purity vs brutality. Order vs chaos.

BPM : 130
E major

☼ Part 1 : Serenity
☼ Part 2 : Creativity
☼ Part 3 : Fusion
☼ Part 4 : Synthesis

All sung vocals are by me. Haven't got the time to get a good microphone so i did with what i had. I destroyed twice my voice for this.
I also wished a guitar solo in the part 3, but again no much time left.
Let's see what it does. 11 hours of work.

Attachments

• Ring of Fire v13.mp3
    10.2 MB · Views: 125
Level 7
Yeah but the theme wasn't a Warcraft composition remake/mix :\

well the theme was ying&yang, which I fullfill IMHO with darker & lighter parts , there was no restriction in the style of the composition

*edit*

also something I wanted to add:

I know you're refering to the last third of my soundtrack. which is a circle of fiths progression.
those are used mostly in baroque music, but also in heavy metal. But most of all, those always sound very simular to each other even with completly different themes & keys.

Here are 35 minutes of circle of fitths progressions

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I know you're refering to the last third of my soundtrack. which is a circle of fiths progression.
those are used mostly in baroque music, but also in heavy metal. But most of all, those always sound very simular to each other even with completly different themes & keys.

Here are 35 minutes of circle of fitths progressions
The more reason not to rip off like everybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.