• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #13 - Yin & Yang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I think we have a different interpretation of ripoff. Since circle of fifths progressions are a fairly common composing technique. it's like saying fugues are ripping each other off.

@Jackyy.BaDitO2 and @deepstrasz - I don't think either is ripping off. I would say inspired by. Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) was heavily inspired by Alfred Scnittke.

Here is a song by Schnitke to give an idea. Reznor used a lot of the same techniques and added that to his electronica style, creating a new type of genre, a fusion of rock and electronic classical, calling it "Industrial." After, many (Marilyn Manson and Rammstein) used Reznor's style for themselves, which was inspired by Reznor, thus, inspired by Schnittke.

I think you're both right in your regard. We are all inspired in different ways. I think the best thing to do is to use that inspiration and make our own music.

my_two_selves_by_nebkah01jr_dc98qjm-fullview.jpg
Hello there
I made some tweaks and rework. I hope it shall be taken in account in time @AditTechno .

Attachments

• Ring of Fire v14.mp3
    10.2 MB · Views: 178
Level 17
Final :3. Decided to redo one of my original ideas for this competition. xD

As the poll is physically missing entries, If there are any votes I think the fairest thing is close the poll and create a new one from scratch.

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-22_19-12-58.png
    upload_2020-2-22_19-12-58.png
    398.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Virtual Fantasy.mp3
    14.7 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.