• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #10 - Retro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Sounds like your efforts did provide a nice result! I'll add it to the entries table. But before adding it with the title "CompleteRetroMusicContest#10", do you wish it to have a different title?

Yes yes, @GhostOfPast @RiotZ @Brambleclaw @enzo2090 let's see some more entries here, guys! Also, we can always suit an extension in if necessary
Yeah that would be a good idea, haha. Let's name it "Laser Nights", not sure why I gave it such a long name. Lol

Level 28
Oh yeah, we haven't any judges yet.
We do! I'm still in touch with Devine and he said he can be our judge, depending on some time constraints. I'm getting in contact with other people too. When I have something really confirmed it'll be on the first post, but don't worry. Right now I'm more concerned with the entries tbh =P

Level 17
upload_2018-7-7_21-16-17.png

Level 16
Would like to see more of what other people have made.
Brambleclaw leaves the entry like that, so his second file that he posted is his final entry.
Was told the audio section of the modding community was small, but damn, didn't expect this little people to participate.
I thought Music Contest #8 was only 5 participants.

Anyway, there were a lot of music producers in the old days of HIVE, right?

Level 28
@GhostOfPast , @Brambleclaw , @RiotZ hope you guys upload your projects soon.
Oh well there some other talented users like @obie and @Donut78 who can produce good music here. If any of you guys give a shout I can hold the deadline for more one week or something.

Was told the audio section of the modding community was small, but damn, didn't expect this little people to participate
Yeah, we there aren't many music creators around but there are more people, it's just that they're not participating. I guess this contest has a theme that didn't get much people into it. Anyway for the next contest perhaps people can roll a theme that gets people more engaged.

Anyway, there were a lot of music producers in the old days of HIVE, right?
Well... We've never been a lot of people as these words may sound =P Because the users weren't active at the same point in time throughout Hive's history.

Level 4
I appreciate the mention and I wish I could join but work got in the way this time. :sad: I was toying with an idea at some point but it is far from being a finished product. Here it is, for the sake of it I guess.

I look forward to joining the next contest though, good luck to you all! :grin:

Attachments

• 3_00_AMnoise.mp3
    6.9 MB · Views: 127
Level 16
The longer i work on it, the lesser i'm motivated. The results is far from i expect. It don't have the vibe of Eurobeat. It looks like more like a 2000s-2010s electro. Where are the 90s synths ? Where are the powerfull rock guitar samples ?
:ogre_rage:
I started like a week late on my entry and I finished it in a day. Try to utilize other synths and edit them to match the synth that you want. I'm also like you, having trouble which synth to pick, but by trying others, you'll be happy with the new idea.

By the way, you don't need retro synths. Just retro composition mostly.

I'm building them from scratch to get the exact parametter, i agree it can be messy after yeah.

By the way, you don't need retro synths. Just retro composition mostly.

I never thought this way. I was convinced that the whole thing must be retro. Sadly i would like to go full into it, else it would be too easy ehehehehe. I'm not the kind of guy that makes things half (either full or empty)

Level 10
Completely late to the party, but i think i'll give it a go. (may i?)

I tried to create a mix between a Topgear like song using lot's of analog synths and 90s drums. It still lacking a solo in the middle section, that i should try to send tomorrow.

Following an idea similar to the GhostOfPast, sounding like what could be an eurobeat song.

Posting my first WIP here, although i've been working on this over the last week.

Attachments

• Retro Gear.mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 115
Level 28
Contest extended by more 7 days. It now ends on 19th July.

Alright peeps, last chance to retouch your entries and perhaps even upload a final version of them! I'm looking forward to hear more from what you've got.

Completely late to the party, but i think i'll give it a go. (may i?)

I tried to create a mix between a Topgear like song using lot's of analog synths and 90s drums. It still lacking a solo in the middle section, that i should try to send tomorrow.

Following an idea similar to the GhostOfPast, sounding like what could be an eurobeat song.

Posting my first WIP here, although i've been working on this over the last week.
Nice. This is a great entry, I like this vibe you're going for. Just be sure to post us a screenshot and a work-in-progress (as stated in the rules at the first post) and you'll be counted in.

Level 10
LXvHWJ1.png

I used mostly VSTs from vst4free:

-DSK Drumz - Drum Machinez
-FabBass
-Korg Delta Strig (nabla)
-a-PAD V4.5
-HERCs Abakos
-Analog Mini (Minimal System)
-Traditional Midi samples. (to give that nintendo vibe)
LXvHWJ1

Level 10
So, posting the WIP 1.

First, i tried to organizate the worksheet by puting names and adjusting the orders:

Gx4mOXg.png

Edit on the song itself in WIP 1:

Lot's of volume adjustments, more elaborate drums and some synths on the main melody. All of theese changes got me the feeling that the melody had some emphasis. I'm still thinking of something for the intro.

Also, the solo.

Edit on the Final Entry:

Some sequencing added on the intro and the solo in the middle section (it's not really a "solo", but it works).

Thanks for the opportunity, hope you all had fun as did i.

Attachments

• WIP 1 - Retro Gear.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 109
  • Final Entry- Retro Gear.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.