1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Music Contest #10 - Retro

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Naze, May 18, 2018.

1. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    4 entries right now.

2. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    2 days left.

3. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Was told the audio section of the modding community was small, but damn, didn't expect this little people to participate. It's a bit odd @GhostOfPast , @Brambleclaw , @RiotZ hope you guys upload your projects soon. Would like to see more of what other people have made.

4. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Brambleclaw leaves the entry like that, so his second file that he posted is his final entry.
    I thought Music Contest #8 was only 5 participants.

Anyway, there were a lot of music producers in the old days of HIVE, right?

5. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh well there some other talented users like @obie and @Donut78 who can produce good music here. If any of you guys give a shout I can hold the deadline for more one week or something.

Yeah, we there aren't many music creators around but there are more people, it's just that they're not participating. I guess this contest has a theme that didn't get much people into it. Anyway for the next contest perhaps people can roll a theme that gets people more engaged.

Well... We've never been a lot of people as these words may sound =P Because the users weren't active at the same point in time throughout Hive's history.

6. obie

obie

Resources:
    Resources:
    I appreciate the mention and I wish I could join but work got in the way this time. :sad: I was toying with an idea at some point but it is far from being a finished product. Here it is, for the sake of it I guess.

I look forward to joining the next contest though, good luck to you all! :grin:

Attached Files:

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If the other dudes think they can do something in that time, otherwise we'll have to either use a minimum of 4 entries or postponed until there are at least 5.

8. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The longer i work on it, the lesser i'm motivated. The results is far from i expect. It don't have the vibe of Eurobeat. It looks like more like a 2000s-2010s electro. Where are the 90s synths ? Where are the powerfull rock guitar samples ?
    :ogre_rage:

9. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    I started like a week late on my entry and I finished it in a day. Try to utilize other synths and edit them to match the synth that you want. I'm also like you, having trouble which synth to pick, but by trying others, you'll be happy with the new idea.

By the way, you don't need retro synths. Just retro composition mostly.

10. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I'm building them from scratch to get the exact parametter, i agree it can be messy after yeah.

I never thought this way. I was convinced that the whole thing must be retro. Sadly i would like to go full into it, else it would be too easy ehehehehe. I'm not the kind of guy that makes things half (either full or empty)

11. Hakren

Hakren

Resources:
    Resources:
    Completely late to the party, but i think i'll give it a go. (may i?)

I tried to create a mix between a Topgear like song using lot's of analog synths and 90s drums. It still lacking a solo in the middle section, that i should try to send tomorrow.

Following an idea similar to the GhostOfPast, sounding like what could be an eurobeat song.

Posting my first WIP here, although i've been working on this over the last week.

Attached Files:

12. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Contest extended by more 7 days. It now ends on 19th July.

Alright peeps, last chance to retouch your entries and perhaps even upload a final version of them! I'm looking forward to hear more from what you've got.

Nice. This is a great entry, I like this vibe you're going for. Just be sure to post us a screenshot and a work-in-progress (as stated in the rules at the first post) and you'll be counted in.

13. Hakren

Hakren

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

I used mostly VSTs from vst4free:

-DSK Drumz - Drum Machinez
    -FabBass
    -Korg Delta Strig (nabla)
    -a-PAD V4.5
    -HERCs Abakos
    -Analog Mini (Minimal System)
    -Traditional Midi samples. (to give that nintendo vibe)
    [​IMG]

14. Hakren

Hakren

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, posting the WIP 1.

First, i tried to organizate the worksheet by puting names and adjusting the orders:

[​IMG]

Edit on the song itself in WIP 1:

Lot's of volume adjustments, more elaborate drums and some synths on the main melody. All of theese changes got me the feeling that the melody had some emphasis. I'm still thinking of something for the intro.

Also, the solo.

Edit on the Final Entry:

Some sequencing added on the intro and the solo in the middle section (it's not really a "solo", but it works).

Thanks for the opportunity, hope you all had fun as did i.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  15. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry guys, got caught up in a few 60 hour work-weeks and completely forgot about my project. Curious to see the results.

16. Hakren

Hakren

Resources:
    Resources:
    So here goes the final version. Again, thanks for the opportunity!

Attached Files:

17. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome! Added it to the entries table.

Well, tomorrow is the last day. The poll and video containing all entries will be up by the end of the week.

18. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Welp. It's my loss. I was too demanding about myself. I withdraw my entry (do you want a simple Electro loop ? <: that's not very retro ehehe). Haven't advanced much these day.

19. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Deadline.

20. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps: