• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mr_Bean's Spell Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
uhm, the throw sample i show you is "using a unit as the hero alternative form" which means that whenever the hero use Throw, it turns into the unit you setup with, so if the trigger part you set up the spell effect owner unit belongs to the Hero, it wont work when the hero turns into the alternative form unit. try to set both the hero and the unit own the spell effect.

wish it would help.

Level 6
hEY MR.BEAN can i make a request?...can you make this spell

CARRIOM SWARM AROUND
-you will use the carriom swarm missile
-the missile will move circular around the target dealing damaging to enemies including him.The missile will move from the distance of 600 away from the target then it will move closer and closer until it reaches the current position of the target
-heres my example
have you even saw Lo the Guardian Wisp skill?...the movement of the missile will move closer (CIRCULAR MOTION 600 DIST./ 500 DIST/ 400 DIST/ 300 DIST/ 200 DIST/ 100-0 DIST.) THE MISSILE WILL MOVE 6X AROUND THE TARGET.EACH TIME THE MISSILE FINISH ITS CIRCULATION IT WILL DAMAGE.)
-you can make your own damage but be sure to have an integer to that so i can edit it.MISSILE SPEED CIRCULATION IS ANGLE OF TARGET + 30/0.30 SEC.
-the target is enemy only and the units that will be affected is an ally of the target or simply your enemy.
-DAMAGE is increases as the level of skill increases

Level 12
hai mr. bean, i really need this

- Spell Name: Block
- Levels: 5
- Target Type: unit/point/instant
- Cast Type: passive
- Detailed Description: its a block passive, very similar to dodge/hard skinn spells, but i need it to show a special effect on it when it proc.
- Cooldown: n/a
- Mana Cost: n/a

Level 17
Sure guys, I should be able to make these.

@neo_sluf: Do you have a specific missile in mind for the spell? Is it constantly moving closer or does it only move closer after each rotation?

@.VTZ.: Shouldn't be a problem. Do you already have a damage detection system in your map?

Level 3
Okay. The thing you said about waiting a long when copying...try this:
> Window, untick Brush List

Did this help?

Unfortunately this is the only way you can add AND remove attack range. I have to add a morphing ability and then disable it when they change to more speed. If I remove the ability, weird things happen.

Okay, now I only wait you to finish the triggers right? About untick Brush List, I will check it.

Level 12
Level 17
Update:
@.VTZ.: How much of the damage is blocked? What is the chance to block?
Example: Gives a 5/7/9/11/13% chance to completely block damage.

EDIT: Never mind, I made it so you can configure the percent chance per level and the percent of the damage blocked.

Level 12
Update:
@.VTZ.: How much of the damage is blocked? What is the chance to block?
Example: Gives a 5/7/9/11/13% chance to completely block damage.

EDIT: Never mind, I made it so you can configure the percent chance per level and the percent of the damage blocked.

exactly :)

Level 12
Well this is a thread for vJASS spells...but I replaced the uploaded file with one that contains a GUI version.

oh sorry i just misunderstood :X

really really really really thank you for your help
surely you'll be in the credits of my project! =)

:thumbs_up:

Level 6
@neo_sluf: Do you have a specific missile in mind for the spell? Is it constantly moving closer or does it only move closer after each rotation?

Use carrion swarm missile.cause the theme hero is graveyard. it only move closer after each rotation.

Level 16
Very nice job. Easy shit to put into my map. All I need to really fix is the descriptions. But that's alight. Good job as always and I'll give you some reputation.

edit: By the way, if you're up to making the last to spells for this hero. Tell me. It can save me some time so I can get started with other spells for my project.

Level 16
Nothing wrong. I'm just going to make them more understandable to read. I'll edit this comment later with the details.

edit: Just add these two spells to the same map. Since these spells go on the Dark Skull Mage anyway. If the hero removes the item from its inventory. The two ability's will be removed. And if they place it back in. They will be added again. So very simple. This item is what allows this hero to gain access to these two abilities.

These spells are not something you can train. These spells come available once the Dark Skull Magician purchases the item "Ultimate Supporter". Once bought and placed in your inventory. These two spells will then become available.

Active - Global Strike
The Global Strike ability will hit all enemy hero's on the map. If Global Strike hits 3 or less hero's. Then the damage dealt to all hero's will be amplified by 18%.
[Level 1] 150 Damage per hero struck.
Cooldown ~ 120

If you're wondering what kind of effect to use. Then use this.

Active - Global Haunt
All enemy hero's on the map will have reduced armour, attack damage, movement speed and will take amplified damage.
[Level 1] Lasts 8 seconds. Reduces armour by -15, attack damage by -25, -15% movement speed and will have 9% amplified damage.
Cooldown ~ 120
If you're wondering what kind of effect to use. Then use this.

Last edited:
Level 3
Man you made all the requests before of me and after me, what about me? Will you make my request whats happening man?

Level 17
I sent you a private message and you didn't reply...

If many units can have this ability then it will be a problem. You will have to make 8 abilities for every unit that could possible have the ability. Then you will have to make 4 copies of every unit that could possibly have the ability. Do you still want me to finish? I'm nearly done, just writing documentation.

Level 3
wow nice job man, i tested 3 times and everything works fine, thanks alot.. wont be that quick to have new request for you, yet.

ask you smth, if i request the spell which the model are not original from the WE, you will :
A. try and get 1 for me or request from the other for me.
B. i get it myself and send it to you.

Level 17
wow nice job man, i tested 3 times and everything works fine, thanks alot.

No problem, glad it works.

ask you smth, if i request the spell which the model are not original from the WE, you will :
A. try and get 1 for me or request from the other for me.
B. i get it myself and send it to you.

What? Do you want to request a spell that has a custom model? If you have seen a model that you like, then you can send me the link. Otherwise I can find one for you.

Level 3
I sent you a private message and you didn't reply...

If many units can have this ability then it will be a problem. You will have to make 8 abilities for every unit that could possible have the ability. Then you will have to make 4 copies of every unit that could possibly have the ability. Do you still want me to finish? I'm nearly done, just writing documentation.

I don't know really, I will see when you give me the map and tell you probably its okay, better than nothing at least.. Anyways, yes just make these 8 Abilities invisible like they don't exist for Player but for Creator of Map they do (in world edit) or smthin I really don't know, I will tell you when you make it.

Level 14
- Spell Name: Thunder Clap
- Levels:1
- Target Type: instant AOE
- Cast Type: active
- Detailed Description: Deals 200 damage to all units in range and knocks them away by a random number of yards from 300 to 700. NOTE: While the knockback is active the units must be in mid-air at random height, meaning the knockback will also throw units in air for random height and then toss them at random distance from 300 to 700.
Additional effect: when the knocked units land they are stunned for 2 seconds (and have death animation playing for that time)
- Cooldown: I guess I can set it in the abbility itself, but lets say 5 secs.
- Mana Cost: 0

I hope you will try this one. ^^

Level 14
MR. Bean I forgot thunder clap does some nasty aoe terrain deformation and I don't need it . So if it is possible base it by an aoe spell that can do that same 200 damage.
I also forgot to mention the speed of travel of the knocked targets shoud be around 1 second from being knocked to landing.

Level 3
Man whats up? I Replied to your PM ..

" I don't know really, I will see when you give me the map and tell you probably its okay, better than nothing at least.. Anyways, yes just make these 8 Abilities invisible like they don't exist for Player but for Creator of Map they do (in world edit) or smthin I really don't know, I will tell you when you make it. "

Just make them I will check it

Level 17
Update:
Ntantz - Switch uploaded!

@Ntantz: Sorry, I could have sworn I already uploaded it :p
I don't think the spell is very practical if many units can use it. If just one hero was going to have it, it would be much better. But anyway, good luck!

Mr.Bean!! :D

- Spell Name : Night's Power

- Spell Type : Passive

- Levels 10

- Description : When its night the wi-wolf's ability to slash his opponent to pieces is increased; Slash Chance 30%(if night) 20%(daytime)

- Nighttime : 20\21\22\23\24\25\26\27\28\29\30% chance x2 Damage Multiplier and rupture (Like skill pf bloodseeker)[if hitted only] (1 % to cause 10x Damage on lvl 10)

- Daytime : 10\11\12\13\14\15\16\17\18\19\20%chance 1.5 Damage Multi and slow ( Movement speed only)

- Slow Lasts for .5\1\1.5\2\2.5\3\3.5\4\4.5\5
- Rupture Lasts for 1.5\2\2.5\3\3.5\4\4.5\5\5.5\6
:vw_unimpressed:

Level 4
Hi Bean, heres a request if you have time :)

Spell Name: Feral Leap

Spell Type - Autocast

Description - The unit leaps above other units and obstacles at the selected target as long as it is 300+ range, any closer and it would not autocast (But can still be targeted via selection). The leap will deal double attack damage and snare the enemy for 2 seconds but it would also leave the leaping unit more vulnerable for the next 4 seconds (-1 defense).

Cooldown: 20seconds

Manacost: none.

:)!

Level 4
No damage detection. maximum leap range = unit acquisition range (Sorry forgot to mention that).

Doesn't have to be autocast, but would serve a better purpose that way.

thanks for accepting!

Level 12

Hi Bean.. can u make this spell...

3 Blade Beam:
- Levels: 4
- Target Type: unit/point (just like a shockwave)
- Cast Type: active
- Detailed Description: so the spell works like if you click on a unit/point it will release a missile art which is View attachment Missile.mdx and the View attachment Missile Textures.blp which should be path to Textures\(name of model) , and the 3 missiles will be launch like this...

\ | /
..O..
O - Caster
- Cooldown: 15 seconds ( not changing)
- Mana Cost: 110 ( also not changing )

that's pretty much it...
oh if you can do it in GUI (although i know your not very gud at that, but if you can manage it :grin:) it will be greatly appreciated... although vJass should work just fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.