• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mr_Bean's Spell Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Update:
Lordkoon - Thunder Clap uploaded!

I also removed the oldest 12 requests and uploaded them in one .rar file (attached to first post). See here for more details.

@Jas.per: What is the movement speed slow? 50%? Also, what is the Rupture damage value? 20% of distance travelled in damage?

Last edited:
Level 17
Hmmm, someone else has also reported this. Please send me a screenshot of the error. Make sure the .w3x file isn't read-only (not sure why it would be, but just check). Sorry for the inconvenience!

Raw ID: Open the Object Editor and press CTRL + D. The raw ID of the spell will display where it's name normally is.

Hello Mr.Bean,im sending you this spell i want you to make for me.I WANT IT MUI!! AND GUI!!!
Lightning Grapple
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charges towards a targeted point,with 1/2/3 allied heroes.Allied heroes will gain 10/20/30% AS and MS for 5 seconds after charging.After the Caster reaches the point,all units within 300 AoE will be knockbacked for 400 distance at 2 seconds and will take 300/400/500.Max Cast Range is 1000/1500/2000.

[broke="If you have any time :D,contact me if you have finished it.By the way,how to attach files??]Click Me![/broke]

Level 14
Just an update on my troble. It's all fixed. My jasshelper version was ancient....Thank you again.

If you can help me with another one:

Magical Net:
Hero Spell
Targets allowed: Friendly heroes only and 1 destructable (will explain bellow)
Cooldown: 20 sec
Damage: Heals friendly target for 20% of its total health. Does no damage or heal at the destructable.

Description: So basically this is a spell that when casted on allied unit will pull it to the caster and when casted to a specific destructable will pull the hero to it.
- pulls friendly hero to the caster
- sends the caster to the targeted destructable similar to a grapple hook.
Both effects must come with an arc jump-like effect like in the last system you made for me.

For special effects I would like the areal shackles both the lightning effect and the net.

Last edited:
=Hey another Request!=
Here!

- Levels : 10
- Target type : AoE 500
- Cast Range : 800
- Description : summons souls to the target dealing 20/25/30/35/40/45/50/60/70/100 and slowing the unit inside the AoE. The caster Heals Hp by 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 sec.
- Cooldown : 12/12.5/13/13.5/14/14.5/15/15.5/16/20
- ManaCost :30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100/110/120
- RoS Duration : 30/31/32/33/34/35/36/37/38/39/40

- Levels : 10
- Spell Type : Passive
- Description : absorbs soul from the dying unit. Max Souls 20/30/40/50/60/80/100/120/140/160. Every soul gathered increases damage by 2. if the user dies the souls will be only half. and increses the user hp to 20/30/40/50/60/80/100/120/140/160 if dies back to half.

Level 17
~Accepted

Questions:

- Realm of Souls: Is the damage instant or damage per second?
- Realm of Souls: What is the area of effect?
- Realm of Souls: How much are the targets slowed by (movement and attack speed)? Do they also get damaged, or only the initial spell target?
- Realm of Souls: Is the caster healed by 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 per second?

- Soul Reap: Does it increase the hero's life by 20/30/40/50/60/80/100 per soul?
- Soul Reap: This ability will require a dummy ability with 160 levels. Is this okay?

icons_14383_pas.jpg

Name : Tridential Bash
Type : Passive
Levels : 10
Description : Stuns the unit for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5/4.5/5/5.5 Seconds Stun chance 3/6/8/12/15/18/21/24/27/30%. bonus 10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/20% damage adds and adds to all stats 2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18/20
icons_5596_pas.jpg

Name : Power of the Depths
Type : Passive
Levels : 10
Description : adds 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 bonus armor, 25 %chance to block 5/10/15/20/25/30/35/40/45/50 damage, and 2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18/20 bonus movement speed
Name : Whirlpool
Type : Active, AoE
Cast Range : 500/510/520/530/540/550/560/570/580/590/600
ManaCost : 65/80/95/100/125/140/155/170/185/200
AoE Size : 300/310/320/330/340/350/360/370/380/390/400
CoolDown : 20/21/22/23/24/25/26/27/28/29/30
Description :
icons_9375_btn.jpg

Name : Whirling Blast
Type a Description : Sends out a Whirling Wave to the target dealing 100/130/160/190/220/250/280/310/340/370 stunning them for 2 seconds

icons_11731_btn.jpg

Name : Whirlpool
Description : Summons a whirlpool beneath the target position dealing 20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100/110 Damage Per Second. While in the Whirlpool the unit's movement speed and attack speed decreased by 60%.
pictures are below .. Type a = Example 1 Type b = Example 2
good luck and have fun :D
in spell 3 when learned, 2 type a and type b will be seen :)
spell 3 the Cd,AoE,MpCost,CastRange are the same [not shares CD].

Nice Job the last spell worked great

Attachments

• Example 1.JPG
    Example 1.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 97
  • Example 2.JPG
    Example 2.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 65
Level 4
Hi Mr.Bean :) first of all thanks for the spell!
few things:

A) The unit will run up to a target before autocasting so he gets into melee range - so autocast is a bit glitchy - I'm assuming this is due to WC3 engine though?

B) How do I change the spell effects? ^^ I like the landing but theres no need for the missile attachment

other than that its perfect thanks! :)

Level 3
hey bean, there the new request~
this one is really what i dream of, i hope it work just fine.
I need a special model for this:
cool assassin costume, holding 2 dagger(the blade of the dagger should be a bit longer), whenever he cast a spell, there are shiny yellow spark (or blade wave)
please help me request one for me, thanks alot.

Spell Pack - Dual Blade

1. Flash Strike [Q] - active, point target
Level - 4
description : swiftly slash forward, dealing damage in line to enemy unit.
Level 1 - 80 damage, 500 range travel
Level 2 - 145 damage, 625 range travel
Level 3 - 210 damage, 750 range travel
Level 4 - 275 damage, 875 range travel

Mana cost: 85/100/115/130
cooldown : 8 sec

2. Multi Slash [W] - active, unit target
Level - 4
description : slash the enemy multiple time, while casting, enemy may not move or attack or cast a spell.
Level 1 - maximum attack speed, +10 bonus damage while casting, last 3 sec
Level 2 - maximum attack speed, +20 bonus damage while casting, last 4 sec
Level 3 - maximum attack speed, +30 bonus damage while casting, last 5 sec
Level 4 - maximum attack speed, +40 bonus damage while casting, last 6 sec

Mana Cost : 75/95/115/135
Cooldown : 13 sec

3. Tornado Spin [E] - active, instant
Level - 4
description : spin around and push nearby unit away, enemy unit are disarm(unable to attack) for 2 second after the cast.
Level 1 - 100 damage, 200 range
Level 2 - 160 damage, 350 range
Level 3 - 220 damage, 500 range
Level 4 - 280 damage, 650 range

Mana Cost : 100/110/120/130
Cooldown : 6 sec

4. Ultimate Blow [R] - active, unit target
Level - 3
description : quickly strike enemy unit 2 times (with red text display like critical), slowing enemy unit, silence and it takes damage overtime.
Level 1 - 100 damage X2, -15% attack&movement, 10 damage per 0.5 sec
Level 2 - 200 damage X2, -30% attack&movement, 20 damage per 0.5 sec
Level 3 - 300 damage X2, -45% attack&movement, 30 damage per 0.5 sec

Duration : 7.5 sec
Mana Cost : 200/300/400
Cooldown : 45 sec

Don't have to rush, I'm not in hurry, please take your time. Even if it takes a year to finish, i don't mind, just try to make it perfect, and really wish you could request the model for me. really thanks alot~

Level 17
@ResidentV: (A) Yes. I had to base the spell off an auto-cast ability, so I chose Slow. I'm not sure what triggers the auto-cast of slow. If you can find an auto-cast ability that triggers whenever a unit is nearby, please let me know :D
(B) Set the following configurables like this:
JASS:
private constant string  EFFECT_1       = ""
private constant string  EFFECT_2       = ""
@Caelez: ~Accepted. Can you please link me to a model you like? Or do you want me to try to find one?

Level 3
tried to request model before, bump and bump, still no one taking my request of model. no one for any model i request..

OH Thank You
Oh by the way i tested the spell and you misunderstood one thing,it knockbacks the pulled unit instead of the units in the targeted point(enemies) which also knockbacks the caster,this means the caster does not actually reach the point,instead it reaches the point 400 units away from the targeted point.
Anyways i like it. + rep to Mr.Bean YAY
(i laughed cause my spell needs 5 systems to work AHAHAAHA,Genius!)

Mr.Bean i have a new request,please read this
Spell Steal
Copies a recently casted spell to a targeted unit,which also copies the level of the ability.This copied spell last for only 3/4/5 minutes and warns the caster every minute for how many minutes is the ability on the caster.If the caster casted the spell steal again and has a copied spell.The older copied spell will be removed.
Notes:
-A missile from the targeted unit will move towards the caster
-the icon of the spell copied will be placed in:
(0,0)(1,0)(2,0)(3,0)
(0,1)(1,1)Here(2,1)(3,1)
(0,2)(1,2)(2,2)(3,2)
-i requested this spell because noone can ever make it except eul who made this spell three times different.

Level 15
OH Thank You
Oh by the way i tested the spell and you misunderstood one thing,it knockbacks the pulled unit instead of the units in the targeted point(enemies) which also knockbacks the caster,this means the caster does not actually reach the point,instead it reaches the point 400 units away from the targeted point.
Anyways i like it. + rep to Mr.Bean YAY
(i laughed cause my spell needs 5 systems to work AHAHAAHA,Genius!)

This is your description:
Lightning Grapple
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charges towards a targeted point,with 1/2/3 allied heroes.Allied heroes will gain 10/20/30% AS and MS for 5 seconds after charging.After the Caster reaches the point,all units within 300 AoE will be knockbacked for 400 distance at 2 seconds and will take 300/400/500.Max Cast Range is 1000/1500/2000.

I don't see where it says "pulled units". In your description you specify all units:

After the Caster reaches the point,all units within 300 AoE will be knockbacked for 400 distance at 2 seconds and will take 300/400/500

All units imply that ALL units (including the caster, dead units and structures) are knockbacked. Any misunderstanding is a result of the description that you have placed. I urge you to make your request more specific in future. Anyways, you can easily adjust what units are knockbacked in the calibration section of the script, in the IsTargetValid function.

Also, currently it also drags enemy heroes and grants them a buff. It should have a check for if the hero is an ally, that and the wrong type of units being knockbacked have been fixed. Here's the updated code: http://pastebin.com/vutxbm6r. I updated it free-hand, so it might not work. It should though.

As for your second request of Rubick's/Morphling's Spell Steal:
Spell Steal
Copies a recently casted spell to a targeted unit,which also copies the level of the ability.This copied spell last for only 3/4/5 minutes and warns the caster every minute for how many minutes is the ability on the caster.If the caster casted the spell steal again and has a copied spell.The older copied spell will be removed.
Notes:
-A missile from the targeted unit will move towards the caster
-the icon of the spell copied will be placed in:
(0,0) (1,0) (2,0) (3,0)
(0,1) (1,1) Here(2,1) (3,1)
(0,2) (1,2) (2,2) (3,2)
-i requested this spell because noone can ever make it except eul who made this spell three times different.

I wish to raise a few points/ask some questions on behalf of Mr_Bean (without his permission, ehehe):
  1. Are you requesting this spell because you need it for your map, or "because noone can ever make it except eul who made this spell three times different"? Not that it should really matter.
  2. There will have to be some input from you yourself for this ability. Due to the nature of this spell and the requirement of the icon positioning, it'll probably require having to duplicate the abilities in the object editor and register them in each spell event as well. I can't think of any other way to manipulate the positioning of icons ingame. For example, you'll have to copy every single active ability that currently exists that isn't in required icon position. Furthermore, you might have to accommodate for hotkey conflicts. You also have to remember to include exclusion for transformation abilities, arrow abilities, and just useless-to-steal abilities (we don't know how many abilities there are in your map).
  3. Due to such a complex nature of the requested spell, it'll probably be unfeasible for him to accept. This is more of a map specific spell than a general spell one can just implement into their map without worries.

Although, there may be an easier method of approaching this spell, but who knows? Maybe someone can shed light on it for me. These are just some points to bear in mind, the decision is Mr_Bean's.

Last edited:
-sorry about the Lightning Grapple,wrong tooltip(75% GUI/25% vJass Coder)
-Ill be responsible for duplicating it.Maybe duplicate 4 abilities.this could help:
-Stolen spells hotkey is F
-Stolen spell may be based on channel ability,so that it cant collide orders.
-if stolen spell is casted,Create a dummy to cast the original spell.-does not steal autocast abilities and passive abilities(of course)
-if it is a transform ability,ill just make the same unit and make the normal form as the caster
Also Some Notes:
-The Stolen ability will be received after the missile reaches the caster.
-Target unit must be an enemy hero.
-F Txt shows up with a text(name of the ability stolen)
Or Maybe i can request a new one?
Here it is:
Mass Control
--------------------------------------------------------------
Target Point to Lift up 6/8/10 Units(not Heroes) or trees within 500 radius the targeted point.
Target Again to Throw all units towards the targeted point,each trees/units deals 100 damage and 0.5 stun to all enemy units within 300 radius of the targeted point.Damage will be done if the tree/unit reaches the targeted point.
Notes:
-tree must be a dummy(of Course,else if you can realy make it lift :D)
-model of tree:Eat Tree Effect
-DRAM Lightning be connected from targeted point to Lifted units.
-Throw speed is 600.

-SFX for collision of trees/units(click photo)JetFangInferno
-Damage type is Magic
-trees(doodads) at the area will die(no dying animation)
-Damage does not affect lifted units.
-Because it is lifted,all units thrown will decrease their flying height until it becomes zero(when it reaches the targeted point.)
-destroys trees at targeted point(with the same damage radius)
-icon of the spell:(click photo)CRAZYRUSSIAN

Last edited:
Level 17
Update:
Radamantus - Lightning Grapple v2 uploaded! Thanks to xBlackRose for fixing it.

@xBlackRose: Haha, nicely put! Thanks for fixing his request :p

@Radamantus: Which spell do you want? For spell steal, the best I can do is give the caster the copied ability which will have the same hotkey and icon position as the original copied ability. If you want stolen spells to have the hotkey F, you will need to copy all the active abilities in the Object Editor and change them accordingly (like xBlackRose mentioned).

Must I do Mass Control instead? It sounds much more viable. Just one question; what do you mean by this:

Radamantus said:
-DRAM Lightning be connected from targeted point to Lifted units.

EDIT:
@Jas.per: Here is a preview of Realm of Souls with cool effects that I found:

screenwl.jpg

What do you think?

Also, with Soul Reap, does it trigger whenever you kill an enemy or when an enemy near you dies?

Last edited:
Update:
Radamantus - Lightning Grapple v2 uploaded! Thanks to xBlackRose for fixing it.

@xBlackRose: Haha, nicely put! Thanks for fixing his request :p

@Radamantus: Which spell do you want? For spell steal, the best I can do is give the caster the copied ability which will have the same hotkey and icon position as the original copied ability. If you want stolen spells to have the hotkey F, you will need to copy all the active abilities in the Object Editor and change them accordingly (like xBlackRose mentioned).

Must I do Mass Control instead? It sounds much more viable. Just one question; what do you mean by this:

EDIT:
@Radamantus: Here is a preview of Realm of Souls with cool effects that I found:

screenwl.jpg

What do you think?

Also, with Soul Reap, does it trigger whenever you kill an enemy or when an enemy near you dies?
Dram Lightning from lifted units to second target point(ability)
By the way the extra ability last for 10 seconds.
YOU CAN MAKE ANY OF THE TWO SPELLS

Status
Not open for further replies.