• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mr_Bean's Spell Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Update:
@Caelez: I'm nearly done with your Prince of Persia Spell Pack. I just need help with the first ability, the rest are done.

@Vista Sucks: I have finished Chaotic Strength.

I have questions about Blood Ritual:
- when the hero has full charges but has not attacked yet (i.e. next attack will deal pure damage), can gain another charge? Or can he only gain more charges when he doesn't already have full charges (I think this is safer)?
- is the | | | | bar above the hero visible to enemies?
- can you rather change the part when the hero has to get an assist to get a charge? Perhaps if an enemy hero in 1000 range (or whatever) dies then he gains a charge?

About Dark Charge:
- when you say +6 attack speed, what do you mean? +6% attack speed?
- must it count kills before the skill is learnt?

Last edited:
Level 16
when the hero has full charges but has not attacked yet (i.e. next attack will deal pure damage), can gain another charge? Or can he only gain more charges when he doesn't already have full charges (I think this is safer)?
Once its a full bar. You can only have one charge. After you use that charge. You will have to work for charges again. So yea it is safer to do it that way.

is the | | | | bar above the hero visible to enemies?
Only to you and your team mates. Just to hide from other enemy hero's that you might or might not have full charges. One more thing can you change the critical strike to a random number in-between of (*3.75 to *5.25).

can you rather change the part when the hero has to get an assist to get a charge? Perhaps if an enemy hero in 1000 range (or whatever) dies then he gains a charge?
Al-right but make it a 1500 AOE. Because there are still more spells to on on this hero after you're done. And these spells mesh with his current spells.

when you say +6 attack speed, what do you mean? +6% attack speed?
Hmm lets see if I can explain this better. Lets say the hero's default attack speed is 2.36 then you kill a hero then you gain attack speed +6. That just means the attack rate is going to decrease "2.36 - 6 =2.30". The hero starts off generally with a slow attack speed. This is currently the unofficial default attack speed. After beta testing I'll probably make some changes. But for now. That's what I was thinking. If not possible. And you can only work with percentages. Then make it increase by 1.65% per time a hero is killed. Or 2.15%.

must it count kills before the skill is learnt?
Yeah I'm not too worried about how it works. But yeah that would be fine if it counted kills before the skill is learnt. But don't stress to much about it. Just do whatever works best.

Last edited:
Level 17
Thanks, that helps a lot. Just 1 comment:
As far as I know you can only increase attack speed by a percentage. It is movement speed that you can increase by a flat value. So I will have to do +1.65% attack speed. For Dark Charge must it be +1.65%/+1.65%/+1.65%/+1.65% per hero? You initially had it +3/4/5/6 attack speed?

EDIT: Also, Dark Charge requires 8 extra abilities and Immence Power requires 6 extra abilities to add damage and attack speed. Each ability has 100 levels. This increases map loading time quite a lot. Is this okay?

Last edited:
Level 16
Dark Charge must it be +1.65%/+1.65%/+1.65%/+1.65% per hero? You initially had it +3/4/5/6 attack speed?
Yeah okay change the descriptions of them to percentages.

EDIT: Also, Dark Charge requires 8 extra abilities and Immence Power requires 6 extra abilities to add damage and attack speed. Each ability has 100 levels. This increases map loading time quite a lot. Is this okay?
Yeah that's fine. It couldn't be worse than having an Invoker in your map.

Sorry if this was a hard request. Sometimes my ideas only seem simple to me. But once you begin to explain in full detail. I find my self typing a lot of shit lol.

Level 17
No problem, as long as you don't mind copying lots of dummy abilities into your map and having a long load time. Just to confirm:
- Dark Charge: Must it be a constant +1.65% attack speed per hero? Must it stay the same for each level?
- Immence Power: What must the attack speed bonus be? +2%? Must it stay the same per level?

Level 16
Dark Charge: Must it be a constant +1.65% attack speed per hero? Must it stay the same for each level?
Yes its consistent.

Immence Power: What must the attack speed bonus be? +2%? Must it stay the same per level?
Hmm never thought of it like that. Yea make it +0.45% extra per kill. Or if you cant work with percentages. Just make so its a little bit more than last time.

Level 17
So does this sound fine:

Spells
Dark Charge
Passive: Whenever the Dark Skull Mage is within 1500 range of a dying enemy hero, he becomes more powerful and deadly.
He gains bonus stats, damage and attack speed with each nearby dying enemy hero permanently.

Level 1: +1 all stats; +1 bonus damage; +2% attack speed
Level 2: +2 all stats; +2 bonus damage; +2% attack speed
Level 3: +3 all stats; +3 bonus damage; +2% attack speed
Level 4: +4 all stats; +4 bonus damage; +2% attack speed

Immence Power
Passive: The Dark Skull Mage starts off as a weak battle magician. Over time, with enough blood on his hands, his power grows slowly, but surely.
Whenever the Dark Skull Mage kills a hero, he gains bonus stats, damage and attack speed permanently.

Level 1: +4 all stats; +4 damage; +2% attack speed
Level 2: +5 all stats; +5 damage; +2% attack speed
Level 3: +6 all stats; +6 damage; +2% attack speed
Do the exact numbers look good? Like anything changed? Sorry for all the questions about your request!

Level 3
Man, can you do to me a Spell that actually has 3 diffrent choices and is ONLY one Spell (in-fact, in editor its not 1 but in game its 1 spell)

icons_15145_btn.jpg

1st) Life Stealery

icons_15146_btn.jpg

2nd) More Speed

icons_15144_btn.jpg

3rd) More Range

The Spells are actually passive, and it is not spells but spell. Each time I click the Spell it changes actions, for example if its Life Stealery and I click on it it goes to More Range if I click it again it goes More Speed and from beggin again.

Or actually.. The steps of Spells could be better as: 1st Range / 2nd Life Steal / 3rd Speed: cuz it would be good for rangers as they go range and when enemy starts getting closer they switch to life steal if they don't have hp.

Level 1 - Life Stealery: Per.attack 10% of Damage the Hero makes adds as Health. / More Speed: When it activates More Speed will come and the normal attack cooldown of Ranger goes -0.20 Cooldown per-attack from normal stats of the character. (The ones in world edit) / More Range: Adds 150 Range to the Hero attack.

Level 2 - Life Stealery: Per.attack 17% of Damage the Hero makes adds as Health. / More Speed: When it activates More Speed will come and the normal attack cooldown of Ranger goes -0.40 Cooldown per-attack from normal stats of the character. (The ones in world edit) / More Range: Adds 200 Range to the Hero attack.

Level 3 - Life Stealery: Per.attack 27% of Damage the Hero makes adds as Health. / More Speed: When it activates More Speed will come and the normal attack cooldown of Ranger goes -1.0 Cooldown per-attack from normal stats of the character. (The ones in world edit) / More Range: Adds 250 Range to the Hero attack.

Level 4 - Life Stealery: Per.attack 39% of Damage the Hero makes adds as Health. / More Speed: When it activates More Speed will come and the normal attack cooldown of Ranger goes -2.0 Cooldown per-attack from normal stats of the character. (The ones in world edit) / More Range: Adds 320 Range to the Hero attack.

Also, each Switch of those Passive (or active? :p) Spells doesn't takes any time, means the Caster won't like stop from casting a spell or either Caster gets paused, the Casters each switch of those 3 spells won't either stop him from an attack combat or moving.

Level 17
This part confused me:

Each time I click the Spell it changes actions, for example if its Life Stealery and I click on it it goes to More Damage if I click it again it goes More Damage and from beggin again.
Which ability adds damage?

Do you want just 1 icon for the spell? One that you click? Or must there also be a passive icon that tells you what's happening?

Also, I don't think you can reduce base attack time. It has to be a percent increase (like +20% attack speed). Is this okay?

Level 3
??
EDIT2: Ohh, you saw the thing before I edit it, check my reply again.
EDIT3: For:
Do you want just 1 icon for the spell? One that you click? Or must there also be a passive icon that tells you what's happening?

Also, I don't think you can reduce base attack time. It has to be a percent increase (like +20% attack speed). Is this okay?

Okay hm.. 1st of all, I wan't three icons cuz each spell is diffrent in fact but in game its 1 spell , u learn 1 spell and u haz 3 diffrent things to choose you know what I mean? .. if i didnt get it well sry i sack at english explain me more.

I think you can reduce the base attack time, I'm not sure but I think I saw it somewhere, and I don't wan't like +20% Attack Speed because percentage attack speed is not so nicely as cooldown of attack decreasing.. But if thats the only thing you can make and you can't find anything better, then fine, also I wan't a wish, could you please make it GUI or..?

Level 16
Mr_Bean987 its three different spells. Witch means you will need to make two triggers that are not automatically activated. But the first default spell will be activated. Once you click the default spell. It will remove that spell and place with with the second spell. Then click the second spell it will take you to the third spell. Click the third spell, it will take you back to the default spell. He thinks you can make 3 icons for just one spell. But you will have to make three different ones.

edit: This is about Ntantz's spell by the way lol.

So like spell number one in slot [1,1]. When clicked the spell will be removed and replace with spell number two. And spell number two will replace spell number one's slot, [1,1].

Level 3
I know what Jass NewGen is, and I am using Jass NewGen, and exactly as you, I suck, but not at GUI, at vJass Coding.. I really hope at least you will give a try to make it GUI, I have seen you on the past to mak GUI Triggers.. Anyways, if you can't after all, please give me steps to be able to change any of these stuff I request, for example maybe some day I will wan't to make from 10% life steal per attack to 20% for level 1, or some day I will increase range.

About this now:
I understand, but what I am asking:

Does he want it like this:

15170581.png

Or like this:

25067830.png

What do you...mean? No, it's not like that if I get it right.. its like the 2nd icon (I thing), lemme make an example in your style so you understand sir!

Okay, lets say my hero has no abilities, only the ability .. hm.. Life steal!

29zsl13.jpg

When I click on the ''Life Steal'' , if Life Steal is Level 2 it switches to ''More Range'' Level 2, if ''Life Steal'' is Level 3, then it switches to ''More Range'' Level 3. Okay, lets see what happends when I click on ''More Range'' from my Heroes Spells list.

24bittl.jpg

Now , I clicked on Life Steal and it became More Range ( the icon up ), we say More Range is Level 2, if I click on More Range it becomes More Speed Level 2, like the next Icon.

qp5pvp.jpg

Also, the spell (Either Life Steal or More Range or More Speed) the Character currently haves shows the Information about the Spell too, theres no other Spell that shows information or anything like that, for example Life Steal Level 1 will show: This Spell gives you 10% Life Steal of the Damage you make to enemy Units, if I click on it, it switches to More Range Level 1 and it shows information: This Spell gives you more Range, increasing it by 150. and so on.

Last edited:
Level 17
Okay. I will try to make it GUI. Cool, I understand your spell now.

Also, what must I call the spell? I mean the one that the hero learns.

Edit: The best I can do with the attack speed is give a percent increase. What do you want?
Edit 2: Do you not want life steal increase to be constant? It is currently 10/17/27/39%. What about 10/17/24/31%? It is just easier to calculate...

Last edited:
Level 3
Also, the spell (Either Life Steal or More Range or More Speed) the Character currently haves shows the Information about the Spell too, theres no other Spell that shows information or anything like that, for example Life Steal Level 1 will show: This Spell gives you 10% Life Steal of the Damage you make to enemy Units, if I click on it, it switches to More Speed Level 1 and it shows information: This Spell gives you more Range, increasing it by 150. and so on.

A small edit here, fixing the "More Speed" to "More Range", sorry miss-writed.

Okay. I will try to make it GUI. Cool, I understand your spell now.

Also, what must I call the spell? I mean the one that the hero learns.

Edit: The best I can do with the attack speed is give a percent increase. What do you want?
Edit 2: Do you not want life steal increase to be constant? It is currently 10/17/27/39%. What about 10/17/24/31%? It is just easier to calculate...

You will make it GUI? Nice man I love you!!!!! Okay, make the Attack Speed what ever you wan't just keep in mind that each Level of Attack Speed must be diffrent cuz the hero will be even faster each time, and I wan't Level 4 to be as much speed as you can, like before you count one 3+ hits are made etc., thats about your Edit1.

About your Edit2, yeah sure, just instead of 10/17/24/31 better to make it 12/24/36/48 (12 more each time)

Level 17
Cool. Are you sure you don't want vJASS? ;)
I can make it easily configurable and it is much faster for me to code :D
It will also be much more efficient, plus I kinda have to "experiment" with GUI cause I never really made spells with it :O

If you want to see how I make my spells, just download one of the completed requests from the first post and read the documentation of the spell.

Level 3
Cool. Are you sure you don't want vJASS? ;)
I can make it easily configurable and it is much faster for me to code :D
It will also be much more efficient, plus I kinda have to "experiment" with GUI cause I never really made spells with it :O

If you want to see how I make my spells, just download one of the completed requests from the first post and read the documentation of the spell.

idk man..but I am afraid if you make with vJass Coder, 1st it will be faster as you say cuz you have experiance so thats good but secondary.. Maybe I won't be able to like change the Life Steal percentages etc if I wan't someday.. also I am afraid I won't make it and I will ask your help again.. anyways lets give it a try but if I fall I will tell you so maybe we try to make it gui ok?

please man give steps and info to the vJassCoder in a comment or something so I know how to edit things like making Range from 150 to 200 etc if I wan't sometime to balance things more and blah blah blah ;)

Level 17
Yay! The range bonus and attack speed bonus will be done with abilities, not triggers. This means you can just open the dummy ability and change values there. Life steal will be triggered, but easily configurable. It will look something like this:

JASS:
private function GetLifeSteal takes integer level returns real
    return 12.0 * level
endfunction

All that you will need to do is change the line after the return word. This is a simple formula that calculates the life steal percent depending on the level of the ability. I will place all the things you might want to change at the top, and comment it out clearly, so you won't have trouble finding things.

No need to be worried!

Level 3
lol, bean...
the spell Ntantz asked for its what I ask if you'll able to make it in the previous post which you didn't reply (before i request for prince of persia spell pack but after jumper spell pack)..
do not remove from your computer after you done bean, the next request of mine need it..

Level 17
Update:
@Ntantz: Problem. There is no way to easily increase and then decrease a unit's range again. It would be easier if there were only 2 abilities to switch between, but this is not the case. Would you be willing to change the More Range ability to something like More Agility, More Damage or More Armor? :(

Level 16
Update:
@Ntantz: Problem. There is no way to easily increase and then decrease a unit's range again. It would be easier if there were only 2 abilities to switch between, but this is not the case. Would you be willing to change the More Range ability to something like More Agility, More Damage or More Armor? :(

You should do it this way. Let's say you made two hero's. One with the default range. And another one with increased range. Example the first one 600. And the other hero 675. Just make it swaps the regular hero you would normally have. With the other hero. So you would have to make two units separate for this.

Wouldn't that work?

Level 3
Update:

Man,
you said you couldn't GUI, I said okay
you said you couldn't make the Life Steal exactly as I wanted, I said okay
you said you couldn't set the Cooldown of Attack for a unit, I said okay

Man, okay, you can't take Range away now too I made too many sacrifices please make Range aswell I don't wan't damage or anything else I wan't Range, it can happen, Cooldown of Attack can be changed too you just don't know how probably, anyways about Range please make it Range because I wanted Range nothing more nothing less, thank you and I'm sorry.

Level 17
Update:
DivineLight - Energy Bomb uploaded!

Status of Other Requests:
Caelez - PoP Spell Pack: I am done with 3 of the 4 spells. I am trying to come up with a solution for the first spell (how to remove ranged attack after x attacks).
Vista Sucks - Dark Skull Mage Spell Pack: I just have to complete Immence Power and do a bit of testing.
khamarr3245 - Beastmaster Spell Pack: I have finished my spells and mckill2009 is waiting for your feedback on his demo map before he can proceed.

@Ntantz:
- Yes, I am sorry for not making it GUI. The reason is that I SUCK WITH GUI. If you want it GUI please ask someone else. I work with vJASS and vJASS only. I will make it very easy to configure, if you still want me to do the request...
- I will change it to the life steal percentages you wanted, I just thought it would be simpler to have a constant increase per level. Apparently not...
- TELL ME HOW to set the base attack cooldown, and I will happily do it for you.
- I will try to find a solution to the attack range thing...

EDIT:
Okay, sorry for exploding like that. I have got the spell 90% to your specifications. The remaining 10% percent is the GUI and attack speed. I have got the range changing correct, but there is a limitation: each player can only control 1 of the heroes with this ability. Is this okay? You will also have to create 4 copies of the hero, each with a slightly higher attack range.

Last edited:
Level 3
@Ntantz:
- Yes, I am sorry for not making it GUI. The reason is that I SUCK WITH GUI. If you want it GUI please ask someone else. I work with vJASS and vJASS only. I will make it very easy to configure, if you still want me to do the request...
- I will change it to the life steal percentages you wanted, I just thought it would be simpler to have a constant increase per level. Apparently not...
- TELL ME HOW to set the base attack cooldown, and I will happily do it for you.
- I will try to find a solution to the attack range thing...

Omg man calm down I didn't mean to make you angry or something anyways do w/e you wan't for the life percentages I don't wan't to waste your time for useless stuff the only thing I wanted is to try to find solution for attack range sorry for being an asshole and asking too much I know its annoying..

Level 17
Once again, sorry for my anger outburst :(

Oh, about your edit, you mean the Heroes Model will change each time
No, I mean you must just copy and paste the hero that will have this spell 4 times. Then you must just change each copy's attack range to be slightly higher than the previous one's. You will see what I mean when I upload the demo map. I will put clear instructions in there, so nothing to worry about :)

Just to confirm:
- Can each player only own a maximum of 1 of the hero that will have this spell?
- In your map can heroes buy this ability?
- What is the name of the main ability? I.e. the one that the hero learns.

Level 3
Just to confirm:
1) Can each player only own a maximum of 1 of the hero that will have this spell?
2) In your map can heroes buy this ability?
3) What is the name of the main ability? I.e. the one that the hero learns.

Answers:

1) If I get it right, for example if Blood Mage has this ability and I have 2 Blood Mages, the second Blood Mage MUST NOT get the ability too? Hm.. I wasn't actually planning for that.. But so then.. Yeah okay, sure, I will try my best for that, just not to bother you more.
2) Nope, this ability in my Map comes/appears to the Caster when the Player types a command.
3) As you see in 2, I don't care cuz the Caster won't actually learn the ability ever, cuz it appears on the hero by typing a command. Anyways, let's say the name of ability is: Triple Choice or something.

EDIT2: By the way, does my 3rd Answer helps your 1st Question? For example since its not learn and its command I can have 2 same heroes with this ability?

Level 6
A better description.
Its basically just using the mirror image abilaty so their are three heros and then all the heros cast the omnislash ability jumping from target to target dealling damage (specified in earlier post) each unit jumps 5/7/10 times (damage since i imigght as well say again i think it was 50 100 and 150)

Level 17
@Ntantz:
- I don't think it will work if one player can get 2 of the hero. This is because I use a command that disables an ability for the player, not just for the unit. This means that if one of the heroes does something, it might mess up the other one.
- The only way to make the attack range work is by creating copies of EVERY hero that could possibly have the skill and change the attack range. How many different heroes can use the ability?

@SonicFlare101:
Okay, but I am busy with exams so there will be a delay. Is this okay?

Level 3
@Ntantz:
- I don't think it will work if one player can get 2 of the hero. This is because I use a command that disables an ability for the player, not just for the unit. This means that if one of the heroes does something, it might mess up the other one.
- The only way to make the attack range work is by creating copies of EVERY hero that could possibly have the skill and change the attack range. How many different heroes can use the ability?

@SonicFlare101:
Okay, but I am busy with exams so there will be a delay. Is this okay?

1) I see.. What ever maybe it will work for me I guess..

2) One.

Man, actually the things you are making are too ''only for'' and my Map is not this way, my Map works this way: Today Ranger will have this Spell
Tomorrow: Five hostile Units will have this Spell and Ranger too.
And the problem is not to make copies of each Hero (we are talking about like 20 copies), the problem is it takes 30 minutes of waiting each copy, so I need to wait soo many hours for the range and also it won't be so good for me for the thing about one spell per player because the Heroes are changing easily for example each minute diffrent player will have the Ranger so will it work? I think no.

Level 17
Okay. The thing you said about waiting a long when copying...try this:
> Window, untick Brush List

Did this help?

Unfortunately this is the only way you can add AND remove attack range. I have to add a morphing ability and then disable it when they change to more speed. If I remove the ability, weird things happen.

Level 3
Reply:
uhm, I'm nt sure too, thats why i request it..
maybe you could ask some1 for help?
if really can't then notice me again.
Thanks~

Level 3
which you mean is whenever the unit is under effect of throw, the charge count will not increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.