• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mr_Bean's Spell Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hey Mr.Bean where is teddy?

On-Topic

I need a bounty system that will be used in My Map

The bounty system goes like this

When a player killed a hero he will get 250gold x 1.2 of the heroes level(enemy killed)

I know this is damn easy to make but I have a harder things to do on the map, so a help for a simple system like this will really helps me a lot.

Level 19
Mr. Bean, a request here:
Berserk Run - Point Target
Once casted, the caster rushes to the target point. Any enemy unit he collides gets knocked back and stunned with minimal damage. Any friendly unit he hits gets a Berserk Buff (Orc Troll). If he collides with a unit, he is knocked back first a few units back and charges again, but getting slower speed.

You may also upload this on the spells section :D
Also, use structs and could you comment them out, because I am currently learning them.

Mr. Bean can i request something named Holy Nova?
6 light orbs circle around an enemy unit and collide to deal damage,
then they blast around to deal damage to nearby enemies within 350 of the target.
If the unit target dies in the process, nearby allies in 650 AOE are healed for
the target's hit points x2 before it was targeted. If it doesn't kill the enemy, instead deals additional 100 damage to the target and nearby enemies. It's an ultimate and deals 250 damage to the enemy and 200 to nearby targets. i hope you do this, please?

Level 3
there you go~
Spell pack - Prince of Persia
1. Throw [Q] - active, instant
Effect : whenever the effect started, the caster become range attack (900 range) and receive a damage bonus depend on his STR
Level 1 - last for 3 hit, +(x0.25 STR) bonus damage
Level 2 - last for 4 hit, +(x0.5 STR) bonus damage
Level 3 - last for 5 hit, +(x0.75 STR) bonus damage
Level 4 - last for 6 hit, +(x1 STR) bonus damage
cooldown: 10 sec
mana cost : 90/100/110/120
duration (if the caster did not made the hit limit) : 7 Sec

2. Sand of Time [W] - Passive
Effect : gain 1 charge whenever the hero kill an enemy hero or certain creep, the charge provide 10 bonus damage and able to refresh cooldown of the hero's ulti.
Level 1 : gain 1 charge for each 40 creep kill
Level 2 : gain 1 charge for each 35 creep kill
Level 3 : gain 1 charge for each 30 creep kill
Level 4 : gain 1 charge for each 25 creep kill
*Including deny ally or own creep

3. Brotherhood [E] - Passive, Self
Effect : Whenever there is an ally hero nearby, the hero himself gain the following bonus in percentage : DAMAGE, ATTACK RATE, MOVEMENT SPEED, CHANCE TO DEAL DOUBLE DAMAGE, CHANCE TO EVADE
Level 1 : +4% for every ally hero nearby the hero
Level 2 : +7% for every ally hero nearby the hero
Level 3 : +10% for every ally hero nearby the hero
Level 4 : +13% for every ally hero nearby the hero
*effect only provide to the owner of this ability, not the ally hero

4. Sand Dagger [R] - active, instant (ULTI)
Effect : Whenever the caster cast this spell, place a save point at the location of the caster, 5 second later, the caster will automatically been brought back to the save point, stunning nearby enemy unit, also recover the owner's life in percentage.
Level 1 : 20% healed, stun for 1 second and 150 damage, 200 AOE
Level 2 : 40% healed, stun for 1.5 second and 300 damage, 300 AOE
Level 3 : 60% healed, stun for 2 second and 450 damage, 400 AOE
cooldown : 180 sec
mana cost : 200/250/300

Uhm, i'm npt sure which is better :
automatically spend the Sand Charge instantly whenever the caster cast the ulti - Sand Dagger

or

manually spend the charge by the player

What do you think? any suggestion?

** Thanks a lot again, your work is worth far more than just 1 rep (also far more than 2 rep but i duno how to give 2 rep), so whenever i able to give you rep, i'll giv you.

Last edited:
Level 4
I need a spell, if you dont mind, it's for a Fire Elemental, so far, my fire elemental has Ring of Fire, the spell that I need is a spell that shoots a fireball at a target and the fireball splits into more fireballs hitting other targets, with 10 levels, dealing .5x intelligence per level.
If that's possible, thanks :)

Levels: 10.
Initial Fireball damage: 1x intelligence per level
Split fireballs damage: .5x per level
Aoe: 800 or whatever you can do.

cooltext688435035.png

cooltext688435407.png

U-B-K-Eternal-Sledge-Hammer-icon.png

Do you need a spell coded for your map?

Feel free to post your request here! I will try my best to produce an efficient, smooth running, vJASS spell.

Please describe your request in as much detail as possible, preferably detailing:
  • How many levels it should have.
  • Amount of damage (or whatever the case is).
  • Unit target, point target (and AoE) or instant.
  • Passive, auto-cast or neither.
  • Cooldowns and mana costs.
The more detail you give, the quicker your request will be completed!

Once complete, I will attach a demo map containing your spell to this post for easier access.

I cannot guarentee how long it will take to complete the request, because I am quite busy, but I will try my best!

Current Requests:

Current Requests
- |99%|sonofjay - Bounty System
- |50%|Drunken Jackal - Berserk Run
- |0%|Caelez - Spell Pack
- |0%|khamarr3524: Spell Pack

Please notify me if your request has been left off!

Completed Requests:

Hello Mr Bean I need this spell
Orc Power [Passive] lv 1 - Grants the hero +6 Strength, +10 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 15%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 2 - Grants the hero +12 Strength, +12 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 16%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 3 - Grants the hero +15 Strength, +18 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 17%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 4 - Grants the hero +20 Strength, +22 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 17.5%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 5 - Grants the hero +22 Strength, +25 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 18.6%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 6 - Grants the hero +26 Strength, +29 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 19.1%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 7 - Grants the hero +31 Strength, +35 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 20.4%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 8 - Grants the hero +36 Strength, +46 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 21%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 9 - Grants the hero +43 Strength, +52 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 22.5%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 10 - Grants the hero +50 Strength, +70 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 25%
:ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:
MY FRIEND REQUESTED THIS.:thumbs_up:

Level 17
Update:
- Uploaded SonOfJay - Bounty System!
- Added new requests to first post.

I need a spell, if you dont mind, it's for a Fire Elemental, so far, my fire elemental has Ring of Fire, the spell that I need is a spell that shoots a fireball at a target and the fireball splits into more fireballs hitting other targets, with 10 levels, dealing .5x intelligence per level.
If that's possible, thanks :)

Levels: 10.
Initial Fireball damage: 1x intelligence per level
Split fireballs damage: .5x per level
Aoe: 800 or whatever you can do.

Cool. How many fireballs does it split in to? When does it split up?

You do GUI? Cuz I can make you some requests for 3 Rep+Credits on these 3 peoples map(mine too) and YOUR name in my sign;)

Sorry, I'm not good with GUI spells. It's much easier and more efficient in vJASS.

Orc Power [Passive] lv 1 - Grants the hero +6 Strength, +10 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 15%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 2 - Grants the hero +12 Strength, +12 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 16%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 3 - Grants the hero +15 Strength, +18 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 17%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 4 - Grants the hero +20 Strength, +22 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 17.5%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 5 - Grants the hero +22 Strength, +25 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 18.6%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 6 - Grants the hero +26 Strength, +29 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 19.1%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 7 - Grants the hero +31 Strength, +35 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 20.4%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 8 - Grants the hero +36 Strength, +46 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 21%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 9 - Grants the hero +43 Strength, +52 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 22.5%

Orc Power [Passive] lv 10 - Grants the hero +50 Strength, +70 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 25%
:ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:
MY FRIEND REQUESTED THIS.:thumbs_up:

Is the strength and damage bonus permanent? How far does the target get knocked back? Does it take bonus damage when being knocked back?

Last edited:
Update:
- Uploaded SonOfJay - Bounty System!
- Added new requests to first post.

Cool. How many fireballs does it split in to? When does it split up?

Sorry, I'm not good with GUI spells. It's much easier and more efficient in vJASS.

Is the strength and damage bonus permanent? How far does the target get knocked back? Does it take bonus damage when being knocked back?

1. yes
2. maybe in a range of 250
3. nope

Level 17

Can you please make the increments per level the same. Like +6 strength per level, +4 damage per level and +1% chance per level? It is much easier to calculate everything...

Level 4
Mr Bean, the fireball, you use it on an initial target, and then it deals 1x intelligence per level to the intial target hit, then splits into up to 24 fireballs to units in a 800 aoe dealing .5x intelligence per level, and stunning them.

There, being 10 levels.

[EDIT]
It splits instantly after the intial target is hit

Level 17
Update:
@Caelez: I have finished Sand Dagger! I also have some comments:
- Throw: I'm not sure about making it ranged attack. I will have to do some research.
- Sand of Time: I cannot only reset the ultimate's cooldown. I can only reset all abilities (item and hero). Is this okay?

That's all for now.

Can you please make the increments per level the same. Like +6 strength per level, +4 damage per level and +1% chance per level? It is much easier to calculate everything...

ok, ok

Orc Power [Passive] - Grants the hero +6/8/10/12/14/16/20/24/28/32 Strength, +4/8/12/16/20/24/28/32/36/40 Damage and a chance to knockback the enemy by 15/15.5/16/16.5/17/17.5/18/20/22%
Like This :thumbs_up:

Level 3
Update:
@Caelez: I have finished Sand Dagger! I also have some comments:
- Throw: I'm not sure about making it ranged attack. I will have to do some research.
- Sand of Time: I cannot only reset the ultimate's cooldown. I can only reset all abilities (item and hero). Is this okay?

That's all for now.

View attachment Throw - Sample Spell.w3x
Uhm, I make it range attack like this, maybe you can use it?
I just don't know how to make the bonus damage refer to the hero's str and the attack count to end up hero's morphing.

-Sand of Time : Its okay cuz there are only 1 skill other than the ultimate, and its cooldown is fast and not really affect it..

Level 17
Thanks, I will look into it.

3. Brotherhood [E] - Passive, Self
Effect : Whenever there is an ally hero nearby, the hero himself gain the following bonus in percentage : DAMAGE, ATTACK RATE, MOVEMENT SPEED, CHANCE TO DEAL DOUBLE DAMAGE, CHANCE TO EVADE
Level 1 : +4% for every ally hero nearby the hero
Level 2 : +7% for every ally hero nearby the hero
Level 3 : +10% for every ally hero nearby the hero
Level 4 : +13% for every ally hero nearby the hero
*effect only provide to the owner of this ability, not the ally hero

Do you think you could chance the bonus damage from a percent to a flat bonus? Like +4 damage per ally hero? I don't think there is a way to add a percent bonus damage in this context.

EDIT: Either this or the spell takes up 2 ability slots instead of 1. Which do you prefer?

Level 3
Thanks, I will look into it.

Do you think you could chance the bonus damage from a percent to a flat bonus? Like +4 damage per ally hero? I don't think there is a way to add a percent bonus damage in this context.

EDIT: Either this or the spell takes up 2 ability slots instead of 1. Which do you prefer?

Uhm, means if make it +4/+7/+10/+13 damage per ally hero nearby will make the spell take only 1 slot? but if i want it with percentage then it'll require 2 slot?

If yes then i choose the 1st solution.

Level 17
I see mine is very close to be finished.
Why not upload it or dinish it?
Its been there for weeks.

Please be patient. I am in the middle of writing university exams and I recently lost everything on my computer, so I had to find Warcraft again. This caused me to lose someone's request who has been waiting much longer, so I worked on that yesterday quite a lot.

Your request is also giving me problems, such as dealing with the stupid Warcraft 3 pathing bug (you turn pathing off but it still thinks pathing is on). I am currently trying to get the part right where the caster gets knocked back when he bumps in to a unit. This is, at the moment, producing weird effects, but I will try to fix it.

This afternoon I am writing my Calculus exam, so I will only be able to work on requests this evening and then again on Thursday evening. Please be patient guys!

Level 17
Update:
I still have to do the following for Berserk Run:
- Write the spell description in the object editor.
- Fix caster being knocked back. Do you desperately want the caster to get knocked back, or is just a movement speed reduction fine?
- Do some more testing.
- Write up the documentation in the trigger.

I should be able to finish and upload by the end of today (I am in timezone GMT +2).

Level 16
Hey I've been working a lot on my map lately. And I have this new hero Idea I've came up with. You don't have to make it but it will save me much time from doing it my self. Just that in the past you've done well. Anyway here it is. If you have any questions about the spells. Just ask. But I'll try to make them as detailed as I can.

Passive - Chaotic Strength
The Dreaded Skull Mage's has always been known as one of the toughest magicians in the Black Skull clan. But the Dreaded Skull Mage
has decided to leave to clan to gain more knowledge.

[Level 1] For each strength point the Dreaded Skull Mage
has he will gain 1.85 hit-points.
[Level 2] For each strength point the Dreaded Skull Mage
has he will gain 2.14 hit-points.
[Level 3] For each strength point the Dreaded Skull Mage
has he will gain 2.68 hit-points.
[Level 4] For each strength point the Dreaded Skull Mage
has he will gain 3.33 hit-points.
Cooldown - N/A (More detail at the end)

Passive - Blood Ritual
Back when the Dark Skull Mage was in the Black Skull clan. He learned a ability called the Blood Ritual. The Blood Ritual required the death of a few hero's. After the blood of the hero's have been collected. The power of their attacks have been known to be immensely powerful.
[Level 1] Four rituals are required to activate the power of the Blood Ritual. After gaining the rituals your next attack will be dealt in pure damage.
[Level 2] Three rituals are required to activate the power of the Blood Ritual. After gaining the rituals your next attack will be dealt in pure damage.
[Level 3] Two rituals are required to activate the power of the Blood Ritual. After gaining the rituals your next attack will be dealt in pure damage.
[Level 4] One ritual is required to activate the power of the Blood Ritual. After gaining the rituals your next attack will be dealt in pure damage.

Passive - Dark Charge
When Dark Skull Mage's kill opponents. They gain more power, making them more deadly.
[Level 1] The Skull Mage will gain +1 in all stats. And an additional +1 to your base damage. And increasing your attack speed by 3.
[Level 2] The Skull Mage will gain +2 in all stats. And an additional +2 to your base damage. And increasing your attack speed by 4.
[Level 3] The Skull Mage will gain +3 in all stats. And an additional +3 to your base damage. And increasing your attack speed by 5.
[Level 4] The Skull Mage will gain +4 in all stats. And an additional +4 to your base damage. And increasing your attack speed by 6.

Passive - Immence Power
Dark Skull Mage's start of as weak battle magicians. Over time, with enough blood on their hands. Their power will grow slowly.
[Level 1] When a hero is killed by the Skull mage. The Skull Mage will gain +4 in all stats. And an additional +4 to your base damage. And
increasing your attack speed by 6.
[Level 2] When a hero is killed by the Skull mage. The Skull Mage will gain +5 in all stats. And an additional +5 to your base damage. And
[Level 3] When a hero is killed by the Skull mage. The Skull Mage will gain +6 in all stats. And an additional +6 to your base damage. And

Chaotic Strength. A fairly simple spell. For each (x) amount of strength you have. You will gain (x) amount per point in strength. This wont count with items that give strength. The spell only works with the hero's base strength.

Blood Ritual. It's a charge spell. So for example. Let's say this pops up above your hero's head after you trained it at level one. | | | |. Each of those lines represent the death of a hero. The Skull Mage must have hit the killed hero in the past 5 seconds. Or kill the hero to gain a charge. And after one kill the bars will then look something like this. | | | |. All four bars will be red once four hero's have been killed or assisted by the Skull Mage. Now that they're all red | | | |. That means your next hit you do will deal pure damage. And will not miss. This will still work if you critical strike a 465. It just means you're dealing 465 in pure damage. For each level as you can tell. It requires one less ritual.
Level 1 - | | | |
Level 2 - | | |
Level 3 - | |
Level 4 - |
If you need any-more explaining with this I will explain it more with you. But for now I'll provide this. And if you were wondering where the lines will appear. It will appear above the hero's head.

Dark Charge. The Dark Mage starts off as a... Well. Not so good of a hero. This hero relies on getting kills. The more kills the more powerful. So for each kill. He will gain the stats equal to what you should have read. Dark Charge is also much like Immence Power. This is a hero that thrives on getting kills to become significant.

If you do decide to make these. There are other abilities that still go with this hero. They come once you grab the item Ultimate Supporter. But I will only mention those if you do decide to make these.

Much love if you do get these done lol. This is a huge request. And if you're wondering. Oh for a magician. It looks like he never has to cast a spell in his damn life. Late game when you grab your self a Ultimate Supporter. You will gain new abilities that will cost huge amounts of mana.

Level 17
Pretty intense spells! Unfortunately I will be only be able to work on these in a week or so - I'm writing exams. I have some queries now, though:
- Chaotic Strength: How much base strength can the hero have at most (approximately)? I think for this spell a dummy spell is needed which adds HP, with many different levels...
- Blood Ritual: I'm not sure how to make the next attack deal pure damage. Perhaps you could consider changing it to like 3x critical strike (which I can make deal pure damage)?
- Dark Charge & Immence Power: When you say "an additional +1 to base damage", is it okay if the ability adds the bonus damage in the same way an item would (like 46 - 54 + 1)?

Level 17
Update:
Drunken Jackal - Berserk Run
uploaded! Please let me know if you would like anything changed, or if I must improve my commenting. Thanks :D

Also, I removed the part where the caster gets knocked back when he bumps into an enemy. However, his movement speed does get reduced.

Level 16
I'll tell you the base stats the hero has and how much they go up per level. And other information that could become useful while you make it.

Strength - 14 (+1.35 per level)
Agility - 11 (+1.12 per level)
Intelligence - 23 (+1.93 per level)
Attack speed 2.15
Attack Range - 700
Model Used - Skeleton Mage

Level 25
Strength - 48.75
Agility - 39
Intelligence - 71.23
Attack speed (x)
Attack Range - 700
Model Used - Skeleton Mage

Now that sums up the base stats and how much they go up per level. And remember Chaotic Strength only works on the hero's base strength. Your hit-points wont go any higher if you buy strength type items. Purely the base strength.

Blood Ritual: I'm not sure how to make the next attack deal pure damage. Perhaps you could consider changing it to like 3x critical strike (which I can make deal pure damage)?
Yeah lets do that for now and see how it turns out. If that's the case. Can we make it randomly pick from 2.25 to 4.44. And critical strike in between there. If that's not possible we'll stick with 3.15 critical strike.

Dark Charge & Immence Power: When you say "an additional +1 to base damage", is it okay if the ability adds the bonus damage in the same way an item would (like 46 - 54 + 1)?
I was thinking of making it add on to the base stats. But this shouldn't set me back. Its pretty much the same thing. So sure. But the reason why I want it to all to the base stats is because of the Blood Ritual spell. The spell relies on the hero's base strength. But if you're just talking about attack damage. Then that would be perfectly fine to make it pop up as +1.

If you have any more questions. Just send me a message. Or talk over this thread.

Level 17
Yeah lets do that for now and see how it turns out. If that's the case. Can we make it randomly pick from 2.25 to 4.44. And critical strike in between there. If that's not possible we'll stick with 3.15 critical strike.

I can make it randomly pick; no problem there.

I was thinking of making it add on to the base stats. But this shouldn't set me back. Its pretty much the same thing. So sure. But the reason why I want it to all to the base stats is because of the Blood Ritual spell. The spell relies on the hero's base strength. But if you're just talking about attack damage. Then that would be perfectly fine to make it pop up as +1.

I will look into increasing the hero's base strength.

Level 16
I will look into increasing the hero's base strength.
OK but. Remember. This hero does not rely so much on combos as much as he does on getting kills. And the more kills he gets, the higher his strength increases. And more hit-points are gained. Survivability is key with this hero. And attack speed.

edit: If there is a reason to why you think it should be increased. Id like to know. Because I do miss flaws time to time. =P Not perfect.

Level 6
Hey mr. bean can you make an TRIGGER THAT CAN DETECT UNITS NEARBY AN MAIN UNIT?..UNIT-UNIT UNITS WITHIN 100 OF MAIN UNIT JUST LIKE THAT?....then the pick units will be given points. each unit must have independent POINTS

+1 POINT IF PICK UNIT IS A NON HERO
+2 POINT IF PICK UNIT IS HERO
+1.5 POINT IF PICK UNIT IS STRUCURE

THEN ANOTHER POINTS
+1 IF LIFE GREATER THAN 60%
+2 IF LIFE LESSER THAN 60% BUT GREATER THAN 20%
+3 IF LIFE LESSER THAN 20%

IF THAT UNIT HAS A LARGER THAN ALL POINTS THEN IT WILL BE THE MAIN TARGET OF the main unit.

for AI TRIGGERING

Status
Not open for further replies.