• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Movies -_-;

Rate the creativity of filmakers.

• 4 ( Excellent )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 ( Um...Huh? What?)

• 2 ( They are EXTREMELY HORRIBLE!)

• 1 ( I am going to jump off a cliff because I saw Terminator 3)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
avp movie was better than everyone expected!! yes, T3 SUCKED so bad though, we should jump onto spikes off a cliff.

Level 8
moviez these dayz r okay but i think the classic moviez back then were made with more effort.

My fav moviez r:
Oh, Brother Where Art Thou
Rebel Without a Cause
Sandlot

:D

@Tiki, wat the hellz up with u?? Who cares if he makez a lil face. Do u not like asianz or something??

Level 25
Tiki: You're racist for hating "azns" (Great butchery of the English language there, learn how to type, I'm assuming that that means "Asians", but its a long shot -_-). You're also picky, I for one prefer using faces like <_< ^_^ v_v o_O above using emoticons, so go and walk off somewhere before I get in a worse mood, you racist

GotGunz: Explain to me how a statement can be homosexual and then I won't harrass the fudge outta you for calling stuff "gay", seeing as one of these days, a homosexual person is probably going to bash the fudge through you for saying stuff like that. When that does happan, do remember you have only yourself to blame

Anywho, modern movies? Its a mix: Some bad, some good. You have ones like LotR, which was good, then you have complete and utter feceas, like most other movies

Level 23
Two years ago, I said to my friends that I really believed all possible scenarios, all possible ideas for a movie, had been done. It was over, there would be no new movies with original ideas.

I was right and wrong at the same time. There would be new movies. But original ideas? I was proven wrong in the most painful of ways.

Tiki, how you got to be a moderator astounds me. Heck, I'll admit that if you have a deep-seeded hatred for asians ever since playing Starcraft, I can somewhat understand why... but to be so racist about it, and combining it with discrimination towards homosexuals, is something I am very surprised to see in a moderator, who supposedly should know better.

-.o o.o ^_^

first of all mecheon, another wierd thing of this century(or the end of the last) is that the word "gay" is commonly replaced with "stupid", unless you think somthing seems really homosexual.
secondly, i think that some movies suck ass this century, but at least you cant complain about the lame-ass special effects. but movies arent what they used to be.
my fav movies
-office space
-saving silverman
-matrix(the first one)

Level 13
KEKEKEKEKEKEKE ¯|^O^|_ _|^O^|¯

by movies of this century, i dont understand, movies are quite new. everything that is old is better, including old nes games, as stuff advances, more its aimed into certain subjects to please the general viewer..

oh i sure liked sauron, his welll-tho helm and all. i liked lotr, not the music, or the typical hero & guy that kisses the chick, but more like the lost battles, i hated when gandalf was like " KEKEKEKEKEKEKE ¯|^O^|_ _|^O^|¯ i save u with my white rod " also i have found amazingly stupid when the evil typicly lost, i would've like the world to be doomed, that would have been a good lotr, matching my needs. also the witch king ( do not confuse with lich king ) died by a woman, that was incredibly stupid and i also eviscerated the person sitting next to me, but nonethelessly i was hoping the girl to die, so i refrained to throw the other person next to me 10 feets in the air. at the end of most movies, it ends too softly.. i never saw a good mix betwen story but without those soft moments, i like permanantly seeing gore and all. also when that elve woman with a scrtatch on her cheek said " if you want him, go get him " hence, i doubt the black riders wanted the boy, but the girl, that's another of these cinematic moments i've found dumb. lotr deceived me, it didnt not reached my needs for senseless blood but with some intelligence. i would've liked after a lot of efforts but fear, the humans would have been incinerated and evil triumphed.

but for some humanitary or feeling reasons, i never seen a movie/game where evil could win without any resistance. the evil is always of the edge of winning, but then a typic even happens, and omg, good wins! take warcraft 3 rox as a template, sad moments, then happy moments, then the evil is about to win, then the good persons stereotypicly find a way to kill evil and be in protection. if you readed that far, you need a good doctor

Level 13
yea, most of my fav movies are older too.
Oceans 11 (remake one)
Braveheart
Office Space (who doesnt like it???)
Real Genius

tiki - shut the hell up!!! sry oz02, but how the f**k did tiki become a moderator???

yeah wormskull i agree the whole "good ALWAYS winning over evil" is stupid, its all really fault of the standards of today's socity. but take the show, evil concarne. although extremely stupid, it would be a good role model over shows and movies that fare with the side of evil.
i also loved the old snes games, one of my favs-megaman x, but it started to really go downhill at megaman x5.

Level 12
*sigh* Here goes nothing.

First, we all should stop posting the word "gay" as stupid. This by fault could create confusiom and I don't like to see much toil to call people homosexuals when supposedly not everyone would be(that would be wrong. :roll: )

Second, that was the worst statement ever, Tiki. I'm Asian and that's not going to be accepted. How you became a mod is beyond me. You probably already broken enough rules and as a mod that's sad. Mods need rules!!! :evil:

Btw, when it comes to movies, it might be a bit hard to say that yes they're running out of ideas. Yes it's only complex that they want to keep up the marketing. But let's look out there. There's enough books and games to keep up the marketing. And as far as I know, it's disappointing that they can't make much sequels that go good (or is it the directors)

Level 12
Yes, that's definetely something. I've sent a pm to oz02 about it. I don't know if it was right but I hope this Tiki paranoid settles down.

Level 12
I really havent seen many good movies lately, once in a while there comes a good movie and then back to crap

The other day i saw daredevil....... ya.........
The day before i saw white castle,it would be good on cirtian occasions..... , but this wasn't one of them and it sucked.

But i also saw Kill bill (both volumes) with some freinds that day, we couldn't stop laughing, i highly recommend it if your not in a serious mood

Any way, Movies are being made with no soul, are being cracked out looking for the next big paycheck (comic book movies are big now) So dont worry one day a company will take a chance and make a new great movie. Whhich will be followed by a series of very crappy ones

Level 12
When it comes to internet jokes, it always results in flaming. You should stop this Afronight_76, as it won't be funny if you keep it up too long.

N00bie all of us need lives, we live at this site, its what we do and how we live.

*sits in corner and watches everyone argue over the dumbest crap on this site*

One note people that is bugging me (noobie's name reminded me of this) stop harassing the newbs. They are just people like you or me wit no lives *cough*wormskull*cough* and we were all newbies once, its ok to say, Noob! once but when you do it all the time it gets old.

Now i can say different for those who flood the hell outta the model and skin site (i was guilty of this when i started... :oops: )

Back on subject, ive never been to any other country so i wouldnt know what movies are like outside of here (besides anime from japan *subtitles forever!*) I am American and i will admit some of our movies are about the dumbest crap.

*yawns and waits for someone to reply to my long message and yell at me...*
*decides to type more on it*

@tiki: Yea i agree wit mech earlier, hth did u become a mod, mods are suppose to be impartial and it seems that if your racist or something that you should lose that privilige

Level 12
Disagreed. We don't necessarily harass the noobs. We give them criticism and they complain. I've mentioned this on another topic already. Now STOP MAKING MY STATEMENT CLEAR ABOUT CRITICISM.

Level 5
Noobie.Mapmaker! I thought no one would ever agree with me about this exact same topic. The movies these days are just pieces of ****! There's always a few exceptions, but filmmakers just don't honor the older movies anymore. IT'S_ALL_CRAP! Most of my favorite movies are from the past two decades, too. (Braveheart, Robocop[ 3 sucked ], Predator, and even Monty Python and the Holy Grail!) Personally, I don't think it's us, THE BUYERS OF THEIR CRAP, that need to jump off cliffs onto spikes. No- most of the filmmakers need to be cast into a canyon where they will die and have there eyes eatten out by there mother's in Hell!

god ppl, youre not 80 year old ladies that will have a heart attack any time soon, you cant handle a little rough comments? i dont flame, i flame back at ppl who flame me, now see i dont start these things on purpose. besides Noobie.Mapmaker said that he needed a life, i was only joking about how you could make a topic about how everyone could talk about how they need a life. everyone takes everything to seriously around here. live a little.

Level 13
yes. and i replied with the fact that i was pissed off at the time and i no mood for jokes. be happy ^^

Level 12
Afronight_76 said:
god ppl, youre not 80 year old ladies that will have a heart attack any time soon, you cant handle a little rough comments? i dont flame, i flame back at ppl who flame me, now see i dont start these things on purpose. besides Noobie.Mapmaker said that he needed a life, i was only joking about how you could make a topic about how everyone could talk about how they need a life. everyone takes everything to seriously around here. live a little.

You roughly didn't understand me. I didn't say you were flaming yet. Anyway have you heard of the @$$**les of the internet. Yeah, that's right, they're the people who are never aware that such jokes can invoke people. If it's going to be like that, you should understand that people will start to hate you. Then again, I can take your jokes, but it's only funny for like 5 minutes.

Level 3
back on track

About the newb thing...
Theres two kinds: 1. New players that dont realy know what they are doing yet. 2. Brainless edients that are to stupid to learn and end up staying newbs for the rest of there sad lives.
However we really need to get back to the foucus of this topic.
It seems to me like movies these days are going downhill not so much because movie makers are running out of ideas but they are getting soooo obsested with action, sexuall stuff, and just looking cool.
I think what needs to be brought back into movies is a good story line. Like most moives today are so easy to predict that you got a real good idea of whats gona happen befor the movie is even half way over. Plot twist, suspence, and charitors haveing personalatys all need to be revived. For example: Final Fantasy VII wasent a best seller for its grapics.
Movies these days are just eye candy. They dont leave you with anything when you leave.
There are still a few good movies though like The Last Samuri so mabey movies are doomed yet.

last samuri eh? mabey this will be its sequal
last_marine.jpg

Level 6
Re: back on track

Leinad said:
About the newb thing...
Theres two kinds: 1. New players that dont realy know what they are doing yet. 2. Brainless edients that are to stupid to learn and end up staying newbs for the rest of there sad lives.
However we really need to get back to the foucus of this topic.
It seems to me like movies these days are going downhill not so much because movie makers are running out of ideas but they are getting soooo obsested with action, sexuall stuff, and just looking cool.
I think what needs to be brought back into movies is a good story line. Like most moives today are so easy to predict that you got a real good idea of whats gona happen befor the movie is even half way over. Plot twist, suspence, and charitors haveing personalatys all need to be revived. For example: Final Fantasy VII wasent a best seller for its grapics.
Movies these days are just eye candy. They dont leave you with anything when you leave.
There are still a few good movies though like The Last Samuri so mabey movies are doomed yet.
Yep.
Action, Nudity, and pointless comedy is what impress people these days.
I saw the terminator 3 last year :lol:
*walks to the nearest cliff.
Another thing I hate about movies...I'm sick and tired of watching the same actors/actresses...
Once they see a very talented person, they use them in all of the movies they make.
Filmmakers are maybe afraid to try anything different. Maybe that's why they keep making movies of the same genre?

Level 3
Yah

Yah good point. Whats ironick is that when a realy origanal movie comes out like, oh say harry potter, its like top on the box office yet its like that its ignored and movies are countenued to be made the same way.

Level 13
yea i am sick of seeing people like russel crowe and that other retard who win oscars because the academy likes them.
oh and afroknoght - LOLOLOLOLOLOL :mrgreen:

Level 11
I think most movies today just plain suck *points furiously at Signs* but there is are good ones every so often(Finding Nemo, the Matrix movies, and LOTR). And there are alot of old movies that are good(The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail) ...and I never saw T3...

Status
Not open for further replies.