• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Movies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So, this thread is for movies that you:

A) Love
B) Hate

So I'm going to start with...

Movies that mesa love:

LOTR Trilogy :)P), Original Star Wars Trilogy, Movies made by the Marx Brothers, A Knight's Tale, Indiana Jones 1 & 3, WIZARDS (by Ralph Bakshi), The Last Unicorn (Hey! It's for nostalgic purposes!)

Movies that mesa HATE!!!:

Star Wars Prequel!!! MESA HATE JAR-JAR *fries that idiot gungan with cheese* Gungan Burger anyone?

Back to the topic: Eragon (worst piece of sh*t ever caught on film), Most of the Star Trek Movies (snoooore), so many of those direct-to-DVD movies (I have to endure their advertisements, NOOO!!), Indiana Jones 2 (Only thing that I liked was when Willy nearly died and most appearence with Short Round), and a few others which I can't remember just now...

Level 9
Donnie Darko
Lost and Delirious
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Idiocracy
Equilibrium
A.I.
E.T.
Contact
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Lawrence of Arabia
Peter Pan with Mary Martin
Patch Adams
Perfume - The Story of a Murder
The Big Lebowski
The Bourne 1-3
Vanilla Sky
Waking Life
V for Vendetta
Stand by Me

Those are some of my favorites.

Narnia was boring
Blue Velvet was complete shit (recommended by a friend)
vampire movies (need no explanation)
ehh, i don't make it a priority to remember which movies i don't like. Sorry.

Level 34
:wthumbsup::
Reservoir Dogs.
Pulp Fiction.
Star Wars, all of them.
Grindhouse!
LotR.
Pirates of the Caribean 1,2 and 3!
Good horror movies.
300!!!
Good adventure movies.
Micheal Moore vids, like Sicko, Fahrenheit 9/11 and thingy.
Platoon.
Full Metal Jacket.
Good war movies.
Save Private Ryan

:wthumbsdown:
Narnia, agreed.
Bad movies. :p

Level 1
Hmmmm... I just saw 'Enchanted' (forced, I hate being 12... well, I don't, I just hate having no opinion in the matter, :p)

Not bad, too predictable though, but when she called all those pests to 'clean' the apartment.... THAT was funny!

Back to the topic: Eragon (worst piece of sh*t ever caught on film)

I think the main reason it had such a negative response was because it tried to cram too much into a short time period. If they split up the first book into two movies it would've been a hell of a lot better.

Level 34
I hate movies who go rapidly through the story, I just watched a movie (forgot the name) and it went to fast. Right in the 16th minute something happend. A good movie would slowly build it up and put a final-fight scene at last.

Level 1
I think the main reason it had such a negative response was because it tried to cram too much into a short time period. If they split up the first book into two movies it would've been a hell of a lot better.

You're right, but then fanatics (like me, :p) would have been dissapointed to see the movie having no real climax (first movie, part, thing), so either ways the movie would have sucked.

No matter how hard they would have tried, whatever would come out would be bitter to the world.

You're right, but then fanatics (like me, :p) would have been dissapointed to see the movie having no real climax (first movie, part, thing), so either ways the movie would have sucked.

No matter how hard they would have tried, whatever would come out would be bitter to the world.

Not necessarily. Lots of books-turned-into-movies have turned out well. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Narnia (it was a good rendition of the book, not necessarily a great movie), and so on. Eragon was just seriously wtf.

Level 34
2/3 chance that a movie-to-game would work but a 1/4 chance that a game-to-movie would work, check Silent Hill (the movie) they actually did a nice job on that one.

Level 11
If you want to see Eragon portrayed more like the book, just tape a dragon to the tv and watch Star Wars: A New Hope. The author of Eragon pretty much took every aspect of it's storyline only set it in a LOTR's style setting.

Level 8
Another movie that I really like: 12 Angry Men.

Speaking of the Eragon books, when is the third one coming out? Or has it come out? I'm kind of out of date.....

Yeah, the books arn't that original, but they are kind of fun.

Last edited:
Level 1
I think it was one thing which I will can a strangedy. Funny, yet made funny by the oddness, either ways, the music went with the music so perfectly, I felt betrayed when the movie ended

EDIT: Yes, all Monty Python-ness is EXTREMELY awesome :wthumbsup:.

Level 34
Nope, but ever saw the WW2 horror movie Down Below? (Don't know what it's called) It's in a American submarine in the WW2 that's haunted and it's SCARY, and made in the 90s so.

Level 34
The Shining! :jd:

Here's Johnny!

060608_shining_vmed_1p.widec.jpg

Level 11
Blade Runner. Great movie, really bizarre and awesome. And Han Solo- I mean Harrison Ford is in it too.

Also, Brazil, Twelve Monkeys, and Forrest Gump.

And am I the only person who saw Donnie Darko and thought it was crap? I mean, I got it and all but it was nothing in comparison to movies of a similar idea like Twelve Monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.