• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Anyone else here still living in the 1990s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've noticed that I, myself, haven't really turned into the average 21st century citizen. I still play (and prefer) games from the 1990s (i.e. StarCraft, Warcraft II, Diablo, Total Annihilation, Classic Doom, Quake, Quake II, etc.). I also prefer movies from the 1990s (i.e. The Matrix, the 1996 remake of the Star Wars trilogy, etc.). I also prefer the style of computers back then (granted, I am grateful for Windows XP, but I like the look and feel of Windows 95 and 98). I also enjoy the style of television news and weather back then. I also enjoy 1990s television shows (i.e. Stargate SG-1, MacGyver, Farscape, Total Recall 2070, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Babylon 5, etc.). I also consider anything from 2000-present to be new (which most people would consider to be outrageous). I also prefer the whole look and feel of the 1990s, and with good reason, we had several great advancements in the 1990s [i.e. computers became popular, the Internet became popular, etc.). I also prefer VHS/VCR over DVD, because of it's look and feel, and I like how it is a little staticy in the background. I prefer the later half of the 1990s over the beginning, but I like them both a lot. I don't know why I am this way, I'm only 16 and I was born in 1992. Anyone else kind of like this?

yeah i am like. i prefer the old movies, back in the days when people didnt tone down violence or nudity(aka fuck up the movie as it was meant to be) because of political correctness. honestly, most of the latest movies, especially blockbusters are pure shit. except lotr cos i am a geek. die hard 4 was a let down imo. die hard 1 ftw
and yeah, i dont like most of the new age crap either.

games, i aint too sure about, although the are screwing up metal slug pretty badly these days imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
yeah i am like. i prefer the old movies, back in the days when people didnt tone down violence or nudity(aka fuck up the movie as it was meant to be) because of political correctness. honestly, most of the latest movies, especially blockbusters are pure shit. except lotr cos i am a geek. die hard 4 was a let down imo. die hard 1 ftw
and yeah, i dont like most of the new age crap either.

games, i aint too sure about, although the are screwing up metal slug pretty badly these days imo

Actually political correctness started in the late 80's. So it would be more politically correct then, then it is now, as most ppl don't give a shit about politically correct ppl unless its the hypocrites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 16
Well, I still occasionally play starcraft :)

But hey, the 90s was great and all, and Imma let you guys finish, but the new century is going to be a greater blast, and its no good if we young folks think like our parents do, who keep reminiscence about the 'good old days'. The changes in the new century are here to stay, its our generation's world out here, so let us all adept to the changes that it brings and start thriving.

We can start thinking in retrospect once we have grand kids. And if the Hive is still around, post here what you guys think, in about 50 years time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.