1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Anyone else here still living in the 1990s?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Nova, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Nova

Nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've noticed that I, myself, haven't really turned into the average 21st century citizen. I still play (and prefer) games from the 1990s (i.e. StarCraft, Warcraft II, Diablo, Total Annihilation, Classic Doom, Quake, Quake II, etc.). I also prefer movies from the 1990s (i.e. The Matrix, the 1996 remake of the Star Wars trilogy, etc.). I also prefer the style of computers back then (granted, I am grateful for Windows XP, but I like the look and feel of Windows 95 and 98). I also enjoy the style of television news and weather back then. I also enjoy 1990s television shows (i.e. Stargate SG-1, MacGyver, Farscape, Total Recall 2070, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Babylon 5, etc.). I also consider anything from 2000-present to be new (which most people would consider to be outrageous). I also prefer the whole look and feel of the 1990s, and with good reason, we had several great advancements in the 1990s [i.e. computers became popular, the Internet became popular, etc.). I also prefer VHS/VCR over DVD, because of it's look and feel, and I like how it is a little staticy in the background. I prefer the later half of the 1990s over the beginning, but I like them both a lot. I don't know why I am this way, I'm only 16 and I was born in 1992. Anyone else kind of like this?

2. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah i am like. i prefer the old movies, back in the days when people didnt tone down violence or nudity(aka fuck up the movie as it was meant to be) because of political correctness. honestly, most of the latest movies, especially blockbusters are pure shit. except lotr cos i am a geek. die hard 4 was a let down imo. die hard 1 ftw
    and yeah, i dont like most of the new age crap either.

games, i aint too sure about, although the are screwing up metal slug pretty badly these days imo

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2009
  3. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually political correctness started in the late 80's. So it would be more politically correct then, then it is now, as most ppl don't give a shit about politically correct ppl unless its the hypocrites.

4. tagg1080

tagg1080

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think most of us try to still live in the 90's, things were simple.

Anyone remember JFG? I was playing that the other day, could barely tell what things were.

5. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    the current society is ruled by hypocrites -_- aka politician

6. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, music and games used to be better back then (not necessarily the 90s, though). Now it's all techno shit... And uncreative, generic storylines...

7. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ooooh yeah. talking about generic, they are screwing up the anime as well imo. i stopped watching anime and started reading manga made before the whole screw-up really started

8. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Screwing up?
    Well, I guess Tale of Earthsea sucked, but that wasn't by Hayao.

I refuse to acknowledge any other anime. :mad:

9. Wraithling

Wraithling

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I still occasionally play starcraft :)

But hey, the 90s was great and all, and Imma let you guys finish, but the new century is going to be a greater blast, and its no good if we young folks think like our parents do, who keep reminiscence about the 'good old days'. The changes in the new century are here to stay, its our generation's world out here, so let us all adept to the changes that it brings and start thriving.

We can start thinking in retrospect once we have grand kids. And if the Hive is still around, post here what you guys think, in about 50 years time :)

10. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    its a deal buddy. Ralle better keep hive open forever. we would need some place to meet up when WC7 comes out....>_>

11. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yai! I'll write a petition!

12. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I don't live in the 90's, but I'm never up to date concerning trends of any sort. Although I'll give you that the best computer games were all created in the late 90's and the early years of 2000.

13. Wraithling

Wraithling

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's it. I'm laying my hands off nova's threads from now on.

14. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The 90s sucked, to be honest.

15. Joe-black-5