• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recording Programs and Movie Editing Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there,

I was wondering which movie editing programs you guys use.
I'm trying to show some gameplay samples of maps I'm working on, but the sound and video qualities always suck. Also my widescreen fragments always get squished together to fit in a 'square' screen...

I'm using a full version of fraps which gives me very good quality shots sized between 2 to 3 gb per minute.

The only movie editing program I've used so far was ... drumsssss.... Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (lol!)
So I'm really looking for something better and preferably free, since I don't have much money to spend at the moment.

Is there anyone that could give me some info on what programs are great, easy to use for basic movies (I don't want to do fancy editing, speeding up and cropping etc.. I just want to paste my fraps fragments and add a title to it, that's all).

Thanks in advance

Level 2
Freemake video converter, it only allows simple edditing (cut/video conversion) you could easily combine all your video fragments together with it (and then prodce a decent quality low size AVI)
Avidemex? video converter (not as good at edditing or combining as freemake, a bit slow. But it suports Everything, or pretty close to it.
Wax is good, but is less of a cut and paste video editor, and more of an add centaurs and dragons editor. As well as other special effects.
Windows movie maker newest movie make is not bad.
If you had an apple, Imovie is the best free movie edditing software (while, Imovie HD 6, the newer versions are downgraded)

Status
Not open for further replies.