• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Improve Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey there.

As many of you already know, I have been making campaign called The Chosen Ones many years. I have requested tons of different kind of requests because I can't do everything alone. My weakest point while making such a large project is that I must totally rely to other with models. Once again, I need your help to improve the campaign and make the campaign more enjoyable and good looking.

So what do I want? There are three main characters in this campaign: Phodom, Fradz and Galeoth. I'm here requesting you to make the models better and more high quality. I don't care how you'll do it as long as the animations that they have at the moment stay because I use them in many cinematics. For example, you can totally start the models from scratch.

Improve the textures
  • I'll give you the permission to change the look of the models, totally.

More animations
  • Create more animations for the models.
    • Phodom needs a "critical strike" animation.
    • Fradz needs a "critical strike" animation.
  • Remember to let the original animations stay.

Effects
  • If you are going to do effects for the models here are some information.
  • Phodom is fire type character.
  • Fradz is lightning type character.
  • Galeoth is ice type character.

Limitations
  • Do not make the models look like evil, meaning for example black cloths isn't a good idea.
  • You can improve their weapons if you want, but they must have the same weapons as always.
  • I do not care how big by the size the models will become. The campaign is already over 100 mb, so few mb more won't hurt at all.
  • Phodom should wear strong looking armor.
  • Fradz should wear armor, but that look like a light armor.
  • Galeoth should wear wizard like something.
  • Phodom should somewhat look like a "fire" paladin. Age is about 35-45 year old.
  • Fradz should somewhat look like a "swordmaster"(and no, I'm not talking about that orc blade master) with two swords and lightning mastery. Age is about 25-35 year old.
  • Galeoth should look like a 60 year old icy wizard.
  • Do not make them woman. ^^

Authorization
  • Authorization are granted from the original makers of the models.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Credits will be given as model maker and helper. Also if you manage to make any of the models really awesome, I'll put you to special credits. Thanks again.

Please ask if you want any more information about the request.

Attachments

• PHODOM.jpg
    PHODOM.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 537
  • FRADZ.jpg
    FRADZ.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 557
  • GALEOTH.jpg
    GALEOTH.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 527
  • Phodom.mdx
    319.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Fradz.mdx
    104.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Galeoth.mdx
    388.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Level 12
I would have gone to improve Phodom texturewise, but since this model does use tons of different textures, that is an annoying work, however if someone is able and willing to rewrap it onto a custom texture I would reskin that!

I could do it, but I would rather wrap it after a skin, but I'm going to loose the animations if I'm going to do it. But I guess someone else can add bones, and then get the same animations.

Level 37
I don't understand how you will edit these models but I really appreciate if you guys could really make these models greater than they currently are. Team work is of course allowed if someone knows how to do better "bones" and other knows how to do "effects" better for example... I will give both the credits you deserve.

Request updated.

Level 12
I don't understand how you will edit these models but I really appreciate if you guys could really make these models greater than they currently are. Team work is of course allowed if someone knows how to do better "bones" and other knows how to do "effects" better for example... I will give both the credits you deserve.

Request updated.

I meant that I want to wrap the model after a skin, and if I am going to do it the model would loose his animations. But I can't make or know how to transfer animations. So someone else must transfer over the old animations.

Level 51
Finished :)

I totally remade him, + added an extra model, "BloodelfBall", the round fire thingies that fly around the blood mage when he uses the sphere buff, they are now blue, if you want to use them with him. Just set the BloodelfBall model to this Path: Units\Human\HeroBloodElf\BloodElfBall.mdx
Oh and for the texture, just remove the war3imported at the beginning ;).

Puh, modelled 5 hours none stop now. need to take a pause ^^.

Attachments

• Galeoth.mdx
    433.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Galeoth_Portrait.mdx
    84.4 KB · Views: 72
  • BloodElfBall.mdx
    5.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Galeoth.BLP
    79.7 KB · Views: 94
Level 37
That's an excellent model, indeed. And I thank you guys, I really do.

However... In normal situation I would bow to you guys thousand times, but this is a situation I must have perfection! Here are two things still what I would like to be improved.

1) First thing is the head. I know that the head might be the most challenging part to create, but is it a bit unoriginal to have Archmage head? Yes, I wanted a head like that, but can it be a little different at least from Archmage's? I don't mean any Wacraft 3 head but something... Else.

2) Second this is not that important, but if someone have time and is able to create more animations, I would be really thankful. Also, one shard at the feet is making some animations bug.

• More stand animations(less boring).
  • More attack animations.
  • Special animations that I use in cinematics(whatever comes to your mind).

Level 51
That's an excellent model, indeed. And I thank you guys, I really do.

However... In normal situation I would bow to you guys thousand times, but this is a situation I must have perfection! Here are two things still what I would like to be improved.

1) First thing is the head. I know that the head might be the most challenging part to create, but is it a bit unoriginal to have Archmage head? Yes, I wanted a head like that, but can it be a little different at least from Archmage's? I don't mean any Wacraft 3 head but something... Else.

2) Second this is not that important, but if someone have time and is able to create more animations, I would be really thankful. Also, one shard at the feet is making some animations bug.

• More stand animations(less boring).
  • More attack animations.
  • Special animations that I use in cinematics(whatever comes to your mind).

Mhm, okay, though, I'm not that experienced to model a head from scratch, as well as animating. Everyone may edit my model as much as they want. Hope you find somone to finish the model :)

Level 37
News: I started working on the skin, but it'll take some more time and it's to early to show WiP's yet since nothing is really worked out.
Great! Simply great!

Mhm, okay, though, I'm not that experienced to model a head from scratch, as well as animating. Everyone may edit my model as much as they want. Hope you find somone to finish the model :)

Yeah, thanks for the awesome work you have done with Goolygot! You really did fine and I'm sure you both will be credited handsomely.

Now need to search someone who can finish the job and can do an own made head for the model... I would really like to have an own unique head. First thing what have to be is to remove that yarmulke and let the sexy white harr come out!

Level 37
Okay the current situation is this:

1) Phodom - M0rbid is at the moment doing texture for it.
2) Fradz - Kitabatake lost his motivation, but I'm sure he'll come back tomorrow or some later day and continue the model.
3) Galeoth - It's almost done. What it needs is someone to redo the head of his. To make something that is not seen in Warcraft III yet, meaning you have to either draw a new head or use other magic tricks.

2) Fradz - Kitabatake lost his motivation, but I'm sure he'll come back tomorrow or some later day and continue the model.
Yes, changing the concept of the model and causing a lot of work to go wasted does indeed do some damage to motivation.

Anyway, some progress:

124756-albums909-picture37283.jpg

Hands, feet and cloth textures replaced according to request

To Do:
  • Head
  • shoulderpad
  • fix texture wrapping
  • fix swords
  • effects animations etc...

EDIT: more progress:
124756-albums909-picture37292.jpg

Shoulderpads, head and belt added, clothing reverted back to what it was in original concept

To Do:
  • Check texture wraps
  • Check swords
  • effects and animations etc

Last edited:
So how's the model doing, M0rbid? Any improvements?
And what about Kitabatake?
And is anyone here willing to remade Galeoth's head? The model can be found from this thread. Just something more unique than Archmage's head.

The mesh and portrait are finished.
Most of the animations are done now, including:
  • 4 Attack animations
  • Attack Slam
  • Bladestorm
  • Spell
  • Spell Slam
  • Spell Channel
  • Sleep anims
  • Morph animations to sheath/unsheath swords
  • Alternate animations to stand/move/attack without weapons
  • A couple of cinematic animations
  • Other default animations (stand, death...) etc

To Do:
  • The rest of the animations (a couple more stand animations perhaps)
  • Finalizing & optimizing the model

I'm thinking that the effects/particle stuff might be easiest to just do with triggers by creating special effects whenever necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.