• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Texturing Contest - Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Highlights added :grin:
Whatcha think, folks, is that enough for war3?

A bit on the overused highlights part if you'd ask me. You lack a transitory shading work all over. If you ask yourself what, then take a look at Traggey's skin to see what I mean.

well if it is alright to be at least a decent war3 texture, i would like to go ahead and post the finished skin. I really can't see what i'm missing unless one directly paints it for me, which would probably be cheating.. this here is the main reason why i didn't really join any contest before x3

I'm not looking to win, ya know x3

A bit on the overused highlights part if you'd ask me. You lack a transitory shading work all over. If you ask yourself what, then take a look at Traggey's skin to see what I mean.
I'm really not sure what you mean by transitory shading.. my model doesn't exactly follow the war3's 'light shines directly from above' deal, just because i made the model itself 3-sided, all using the same wrap
You're doing fine. Just a bit of constructive critique.

Is it a pumpkin/jack-o-lantern skin for your fishie?
yep it is

Level 19
Here's my WIP. He's going to be a messy creature soon ^^
wip1-png.252062

Here's my reference btw;
yorick_mask_light_02-600x800-jpg.252063

And awesome work everyone, you've got many inspiring things going, that's what made me try my chance at this, even if I'm not a texturer or anything else :D

Attachments

• WIP1.png
    WIP1.png
    745.3 KB · Views: 423
  • yorick_mask_light_02-600x800.jpg
    yorick_mask_light_02-600x800.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 404
Level 20
Headless_Horseman_WIP06.png Ugh, something is being weird with Arthas, the bottom parts of the cloth where there is normally teamcolour in the alphad areas is being made completely greyscale in-game, so looks like I'll have to repaint those to be team coloured.

I could use some input from you lot!

So originaly I alphad out the horns, however this also removes the tail, as for some reason they thought sharing the horns and tail on the same UV space was a good idea.

This means that removing the horns will remove the tail, and leave a big bumhole on the horse itself. So I've added the horns and tail back in, not a super big fan of the result though. Luckily enough Arthas cape covers the bum for the most part, but when you zoom in, the hole is clearly visible.

Which verision would you prefer? No horns with bumhole, or horns and tail?

Last edited:
just posting a quick WIP to show I'm the author... ya know. just following the rules

Jack O Lantern kid... person. scarecrow thingy.

Might post the final texture either later tonight or tomorow.

Nothing fancy, I'm two days away from the deadline.... so going for simple.

Attachments

• VillagerKid.jpg
    VillagerKid.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.