• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Texturing Contest - Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
title_ThreadEx3.png

TextMin3Desc.png

wbr-jpg.256218

Contestants are to create a skin depicting a Christmas inspired themed creature/costume/construction of any sorts. As long as the skin is winter ad Christmas related it is allowed. It can even contain hints of horror as Krampus or movies like The Nightmare Before Christmas. In-game models and custom ones are allowed.

TextMin3Rules.png

All skins mus abide the Site Rules and the Skin Submission Rules
No previous work is allowed. All textures shown here should be made specifically regarding the theme of the mini-contest.
Your submission must be posted before the deadline.
The post containing your final submission must also contain an in-game screenshot showing your submission in action and the file in appropriate format.

TextMin3Judge.png

Will be handled by me and Traggey.

TextMin3Prize.png

25 rep for the winner and 10 for participants that managed to finish their texture.

TextMin3DatesHall.png

This mini-contest begins on 24th of December, 2016 GMT and end on 7th of January, 2017 GMT

Good luck and an early merry christmas/hannukah/whatever you celebrate to everyone!
Here's an early WiP and it looks like wrapping has decided to screw me over again. Atleast it's not as bad as those izual wings :D
I was wondering if I should have instead gone for a christmas-themed Doodads0.blp, turning all the crates into presents or something. If anyone likes the idea, go ahead :p

Attachments

• ChristmasBuildings.PNG
    ChristmasBuildings.PNG
    667.4 KB · Views: 135
I'm in! and I'll probably post something today since we only celebrate on the 25th and everybody is going apeshit with preparation anyway. :D

Loving the snow themed idea for buildings @Blood Raven ! Might give it a try myself. :)

I won't win much on creativity :S going for KRAMPUS!

edit change of plan... but still krampus! - I'll go with the malfurion one

Attachments

• ss0003.JPG
    ss0003.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 160
  • ss000aa.JPG
    ss000aa.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i have finished mine.
making the bear now :

Attachments

• Druidoftheclaw.png
    Druidoftheclaw.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 151
@Just_Spectating odd choice of models. Looking forward for the result :]

@Mr.Goblin really goofy for me, the smile just reeks of weird looking spikes. Maybe it is the wrap at fault here. Though I love how the Krampus comes along.

@Wisdom, a little more shading and contrast would be good. Otherwise, good start.

@aeman almost has that hint of Christmas decorations. Go for it :]

@Mr.Goblin that stag has both the creepiest and goofiest grin i've seen this year xD

@Mr.Goblin really goofy for me, the smile just reeks of weird looking spikes. Maybe it is the wrap at fault here. Though I love how the Krampus comes along.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the warp isn't really friendly with this one, I'm still tweaking it and trying to make it work.... hehe but thanks for your comments! :D

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i withdraw. i'm not feeling for it.

Well, there's a start to everything. So, no worries. You just need to work more on it :]

How about the rest of you guys? @Just_Spectating @Sclammerz @Apheraz Lucent @Mr.Goblin (it's extended until the 7th of January ;-) )

Sweet! erm, it shall be done before the week-end hits us. I doubt I'll manage to finish Malfurion and his dear though, so I'll probably only sudmit good old Mal. will see!

Level 30
Absolutely no clue will I get to finish it by deadline, but I plan on finishing it anyways.
So, first WIP on face and candy cane staff :)

I need to find a more effective way for fuzzy white thingy on the cape.
Also, curly hair can't work at all on any of female skins, which is super frustrating.

Attachments

• ChristmasJaina.png
    ChristmasJaina.png
    420.2 KB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.