• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #5 - Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Bugz Presents

Ancient Hero Defense
* Work in progress *

Map Info:

In the ancient times of history, a Warlord was chosen to attack the secret's of the tomb. A Lich was the only one back to defend it. Trough force and might will he change the destiny?

Features:

* Unit spawn system
* Ultimate hero control

More to come

Something else about map:

Map will be continued in the mini-mapping contest #5

Screenshot:

attachment.php

Notes:

Terrain: 100 %
Triggers: 0%
Unit's and hero: 0%

Level 29
However the main objective of the map would be to defend a target unit,
that is moving around the map, either to reach a destination or just defend him until a timer is over.

another question...does this mean that it should be like the orc campaign in the ROC >>> the long march?...

if YES, then an AOS that has a moving castle/ancient etc?...that's weird...

or just STATIC but >>> just defend him until a timer is over???...

Level 22
Of course you have to be able to upload a protected map. A map that is ran thru an optimizer and a slk optimizer will perform a lot better than a non-optimized map. You always talk about the size of a map or the loading speed of a map, this affects both. The solution would be to upload one open source version and one "play" version.

Level 13
This is my first wip. It shows the breakdown of the terrain, the personalized doodads and the imported ressources. :)

It will be a 12 player AoS-map, which includes characteristics of Blizzards "Eye of the Storm"-battleground.

scaled.php

Attachments

• Heart of the Night 0.1.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 17
Of course you have to be able to upload a protected map. A map that is ran thru an optimizer and a slk optimizer will perform a lot better than a non-optimized map. You always talk about the size of a map or the loading speed of a map, this affects both. The solution would be to upload one open source version and one "play" version.

Well lets think about this for a moment.
Why would you want to upload a protected map when some of the judging criteria is based on triggering and object editor data?

Yeah that's what I thought.
Anyhow I'll start on this soon, was too lazy to compete in the Weekend Mapping Contest /because/ of the time limit.

Level 22
Well lets think about this for a moment.
Why would you want to upload a protected map when some of the judging criteria is based on triggering and object editor data?

Yeah that's what I thought.

I guess you didn't read it all or you aren't experienced enough (no offense). If you take a look at my solution and my reasons.

You'll see that it affects the map performance thus more points in that category (i.e. Anti-BJ in Vex's Optimizer, great tool for GUIers). Wait a minute, it affects the size of the map too. Doesn't the category Object Data take that into consideration? Yes it does. And also people appriciate maps that load fast? An slk optimizer will fix this in a minute. Yes you should upload an open source map for checking purposes but, the map that should be tested in-game should be an optimized one thus both judges and people who try the map will have a greater time. But this is just my opinion but I'll do my best to convince Venge to take this into account.

And also I spent a thought on this issue. If a protected version is uploaded and no open source then just give the user 0 points in triggering as the map cannot be opened. This will make that it's fully up to the user how he/she spends his/her time to read the rules. But as said, just my opinion.

Here are some more screen shots, but do remember that the terrain and also the rest of the map is still a WIP:).
Good thing that I have a month to do it :p.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_091111_173738_01.gif
    WC3ScrnShot_091111_173738_01.gif
    518.7 KB · Views: 60
  • WC3ScrnShot_091111_173811_02.gif
    WC3ScrnShot_091111_173811_02.gif
    642.6 KB · Views: 75
  • WC3ScrnShot_091111_174021_03.gif
    WC3ScrnShot_091111_174021_03.gif
    573.9 KB · Views: 131
  • WC3ScrnShot_091111_174109_04.gif
    WC3ScrnShot_091111_174109_04.gif