• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Two reasons :
1. You've got rep in your sig, so iv got rep in mine :smile:
2. It was so damn funny i couldnt help it!
I still respect you as a good editor / helper but i just had to use that little comment!

Level 9
Hmmm, there was such interest in this contest when it was thought of but now that its been approved so few people have entered.
My Mini-Game
Azeroth Soccer Cup - ExtremE!
I came up with this idea quite a while back ( actualy it was my 3rd project ) but it didnt get far. So now im going to take the basic gameplay and add some twists. The map will be created from scratch.
Gameplay
- The ball never goes out ( it bounces off the walls )
- Game can be played as PvP ( Two AI goalies defending one goal against everyone ), or Team vs Team
- Weather and round time will vary.
- Different characters will be selectable.
- You are able to buy items to buff you or neg buff enemies.
- Weather will effect Gameplay ( lightning strikes purge, snow slows, rain reduces ball friction.
Any comment/ideas are appreciated.

Level 11
Oh come on! Soccer, ship race, sloughter game... They are already made. Even if you start from scratch, putting some tricks or changes into it will not make it different.
Please guys, be more creative, i'd like to see interesting ideas, not just some re-mades.
Create something entirely new, that has never been done before.
I know this is the hardest part, but it's worth thinking on it! ;)

Level 9
Meh i suppose ur right, i just wanted to make the soccer mini-game anyway ( might put it in my map ).
I'll start it anyway incase i dont come up with something more origional...

Level 5
Oh come on! Soccer, ship race, sloughter game... They are already made. Even if you start from scratch, putting some tricks or changes into it will not make it different.
Please guys, be more creative, i'd like to see interesting ideas, not just some re-mades.
Create something entirely new, that has never been done before.
I know this is the hardest part, but it's worth thinking on it! ;)

Meh, maybe your right. Ill try to come up with a new idea, if I dont, ill stick to my race.. :wink:

Level 12
Ok I am going to start (hopefullt, I have very little motivation when it comes to anything but playing WC3, except skinning lately) a sniper amp where you actually have to snipe. Players wil get to find camo on the ground and ue it and whoever is the last alive wins. There, simple and easy to play, hard to win. Has this been made before? I have not checked but I don't think so.

Level 9
Yup, would be quite complicated though... and to short for real poker ( 15 min? )

Level 4
The map works like a real poker game. The overall duration can exeed 15 minutes, depends on the number of players an their strategies. However a round is shorter than 15 minutes :p. So i don´t know if it fit´s in here.

Level 5
Alright, I have though about it, and I came up with a crazy idea.. Pictinoary!

No, wait, thats not it.. It has been made before.. Oh yeah, I have thought about making a map, where youi ride on a horsewagon.. Doh, where is the fun? I know, I will make it go really, really fast, so the players will have to concentrate to not fall of. Like using different orders in different situations.. Fun, eh?
Eh, not really, but it is original.. I hope. Have not seen it before, at least. So, after some minutes, the horsewagon stops at its final destination, and anyone that is still on it, have won! So, I thought about making different difficulties. The harder it is, the faster the horsewagon goes.. Or make it go faster, and faster and faster..

I know, it sounds pretty lame, but I will try it out, and see if I can get a reasonable result.. What do you think? :grin: :grin:

Level 11
Poker... You know what i'll say to that. If someone wants to play poker, he'll play live, or play it on net for money, for beer, whatever, but who the hell wants to play poker in Warcraft?? Come on...

You see Gizmo! THAT'S an idea I like! ;)
If you can make it, you'll have a great chance.

Level 5
The map works like a real poker game. The overall duration can exeed 15 minutes, depends on the number of players an their strategies. However a round is shorter than 15 minutes :p. So i don´t know if it fit´s in here.

I think I have seen poker at several occations.. I also think Vampire Heart is working on a Texal Hold'em map.. So I cant see why you should bother (;

Level 12
Can I post my sniper map up now and ask for feedback? Or can I only post the final version? I want some feedback on how it works and I'm not sure if it is allowed. Not that it is donw, just a few more things to do and maybe something to stop players from camping on the cliffs....

Level 2
Jeeze.... that map is frikken crazy good.. wow i have to say Gj Sserpyc.. lol i was very impressed

well my sumbition should be in soon

Level 4
I'm working on my mini-game ; the Ogre's Fat Contest
The players at the start have to " pump " ogres by making them eat as much as possible ( by pressing certain keys ) , and if a player makes his ogre eat too much the ogre explodes xD .
After that , players have to fight each other .

Level 4
Im soon done, my minigame's name is ''Defend The House''
4 Players have 1 Bunker each, they shall make those bunkers survive 10 lvls(Untill now) And buy new weapons and upgrades to their bunker.
The monsters is storming the house and trying to detroy your bunker but you shall shoot em' down before they destroy your bunker!!

So, contest wise, DSG, that "15 min. max" rule, how to enforce that if your game is not time based? My tag can take from 3 to 20 min. or more depending on the skill of the players and what game length they choose (short - normal - long). Do I HAVE to enforce a time limit, because that would ruin the map.

Drat it all, I didnt read the rules enough, that completle ruins my map too :(......... Gusse that means im out, unless something changes it.

It is called a mini-game for a reason. What is the point of doing the same simple - maybe crazy - thing for half an our? It gets boring..

Thats not the point: Its the kind of minigame that the time isnt allways the same.....HOPEFULLY it will only take 15 mins, but it dosent have a set time...

Status
Not open for further replies.