1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

March of the Horde v1.1

Submitted by HERON
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Heron Presents

March of the Horde
V 1.1

An Orc Campaign

A campaign about Thrall and his Horde. As opposed to my first campaign - The Human, this campaign differentiates from the Orc campaign in RoC, involving the meeting with the Trolls, Taurens and the Goblins... and the battles against the Humans and the Demons.

Importent to know
  • My Orc campaign is a continuation of my first campaign - Destiny of Lordaeron, and it's alternate from RoC, so because of that some things are different from the original, like - The model of Grom (that I think is much better than the original), names of abilities (Roar to Howl - fitting for wolves. Bush to Static - Thrall electrocutes his enemies, he doesn't stun them.) and more things that I want to give here so we have something else from what we know.
  • My campaigns - Humans and Orcs are not in the timeline of RoC.
  • BTW, If you consider playing this campaign, I recommend you to play my human campaign first - Destiny of Lordaeron. This will help you understand the story that I created for the humans and the orcs, and maybe in the future the other races.

Story

After King Terenas gave the order regarding the orcs, many of them were defeated or expelled from Lordaeron.
In the meantime, a young Warchief named Thrall wants something else for his Horde, a place they can call their home.
Alongside his orcs army, Thrall will face the bastard Humans, the Night Elfs and the mighty Demons, as each of them attempts to destroy the future of the Horde.

Change Log

Version 1.1

General
- All chapters buttons are invisible
- The ramps in the Chapters are fixed
- Made QWERT hotkeys for unit spells
Chapter 1
- The name of the quest - Reach Grom, changed to Gather Army
- Orc Chieftain's name changed to Gar'thok
- Changed the orcs units in the cinematics after the battle against Gar'thok
Chapter 2
- Changed the name of Troll Scout to Raptor Raider

- The allies trolls will not attack the mad trolls
- After killing the boss of the green trolls, they will change to good
Chapter 3
- Changed the mana cost of Dash and Bone Crusher to 85
- Samuro will can't use in Wind Walk
- Increased the hit points of Dark Revenant from 3000 to 4500
- Increased the mana points of Dark Revenant from 1000 to 1500

Chapter 4
- Heroes now gain experience form neutral units
- Changes the description of the spell - Fire Pillar
- Changed Shandris's model
Chapter 5
- Changed the AI attack of the the Night Elfs
- Decreased the hit points of Nexus Gate from 1500 to 1000
Chapter 6
- Fixed Units selected during the end cinematic scene
Chapter 7
- Increased the hit points of Kor'gall from 4000 to 5000
- Increased the mana points of Kor'gall from 1000 to 1500
- Kor'gall's attack changed from 70 to 75
- Added more spells to Kor'gall
- Decreased the number of the restoration runes in the battle against Kor'gall from 4 to 2
Chapter 8
- Broadened a little the entrance in the orcs base
Chapter 9
(Changed to Chapter 9 - Part One)
- Fixed the cinematics scene
- Fixed the AI demons attack
- Increased the hit points of Kaz'rogal from 5000 to 7500
- Increased the attack 1 of Kaz'rogal to 70 and attack 2 to 85
Chapter 10
(Changed to Chapter 9 - Part Two)
- Increased the hit points of Mannoroth from 20000 to 25000
- Increased the mana points of Kor'gall from 2000 to 3000
- Added the Spell Immunity to Mannoroth

Screenshots

Chapters Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Credits

Thanks to:

Championfighter25 - campaign's testers
Blizzard Entertainment
Tauer
DeAtH._.KiTtY - campaign's testers
Ujimasa Hoso
kangyun
loktara
Stefan.K
67chrome
PeeKay
Mr.Goblin
SinisterX
Sellenisko
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Frankster
Dark_Dragon
Darkfang
NaserKingArthas
Sclammerz
Edge45
The Panda
UgoUgo
paladinjst
MatiS
NFWar
Eagle XI
Windrunner29
Sin'dorei300
eubz
General Frank
Heinvers
Shar Dundred
Turnro
tomoraider
Warseeker

If I missed someone, please PM me and I'll add you.

Bugs

Things to fix:

1) Thrall's attacks can't break crates/barrels, because of the change of his Weapon Type from Missile to Missile (Splash).

2) The loading screens of chapters 2 and 3, and the interlude are problematic. I used the loading screens from the Exodus of the Horde campaign .
But still, I don't know why it changes all the time.

3) In chapter 3 I didn't succeed in writing how many enemies are left for the quest - Purify, or how many parts the orb are in this chapter.

4) I still learn how to make cinematic scenes to be skipped.

Feel free to report any bugs, tips or suggestions!
Contents

March of the Horde (Campaign)

Reviews
Warseeker
Hey @HERON. First of, I would like to thank you for the amazing work that you've put into this campaign, it's a real masterpiece. I've had so much fun playing it. This is by far the best alternative to the RoC orc campaign. I like the way you added...
deepstrasz
All maps are available/visible from the start in the campaign menu. [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [/spoiler] First, the bugs have to be fixed. Please try to learn how to...
  1. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree with what @MasterBlaster said here, the quest shouldn't be marked as failed because some players may become confused and they will eventually reload. I personally had to reload like 5 times to realise that's how it meant to be. To make things clear you should either remove this side quest from the quest log while keeping the design as it is or simply inform the player that the quest is meant to end like that.

2. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's exactly my point - I should be told that it was supposed to play out that way, not have to figure it out by reloading the game multiple times to retry the encounter, checking the triggering in the editor or asking on the forums.

I'm not arguing for changing that quest or how it ends.

I would be fine with Bloodfeather running away and the quest failing if... there was something in game that told me that it was meant to happen. For instance, if after the fight there was a little dialogue like this - Thrall: Damn it, she escaped. Drek'thar: Don't worry, brother, there was nothing we could have done to stop her. I'm sure we'll get her eventually.

I generally write a lot, so yeah... that's kinda my thing, sorry :)

The fact that it is a side quest makes it much worse, actually.

When you fail a main quest, you usually just lose the mission - if you got a main quest that failed, but you could still progress into the mission, it would be pretty obvious that this quest was supposed to fail.

Sadly, I think you don't understand my problem with this design, but due to a language barrier I don't think I am able to explain it better...

I'd suggest doing what I've said - keep the quest as it is, but add that little bit of extra dialogue after it to inform the player that it was meant to happen this way. You can use the example I've written above.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  3. ericma2005

ericma2005

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great campaign.
    I have a problem with Chapter 5: how can I open the gate to the upper left night elf base? I didn't see a key anywhere.

4. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    @ericma2005 -
    if that's the map with the dragons, you have to go do that quest first to get the Dragon Riders - you then take a squad of Dragon Riders (you will have to train a few more than what the quest give you) above the gate and fly until you see a white-ish (if I recall correctly) custom model tower structure thing. Destroy it with the Dragon Riders and the gate will open.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  5. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's right, but he will have to watch for the guarding Archers and Hippogryphs. Also, Wisps repair the structure super fast, so Wisps have to be killed before they start repairing the structure.

6. Edusx

Edusx

Resources:
    Resources:
    summary development

boring gameplay
    huge trees that makes your sight difficult
    the plot is very loosely raised

the lore has no development

It has a nice map

the gameplay is meh
    and I liked that there is a variety of objects

My score is 2 stars.

7. Paul Emirique Ibanez

Paul Emirique Ibanez

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey in chapter 6 blood warriors, The game can't be completed even though I already destroyed all the blue bases. Is there something wrong? Please reply asap

8. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry by my delay, however, I thank you about your review, it's help me so much, and maybe the next campaign you will enjoy from it...

I checked my campaign, and I have not problem with chapter 6, but I will check it again for you...

9. Paul Emirique Ibanez

Paul Emirique Ibanez

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its ok just a bug, I just repeated the chapter

10. Cash Moy

Cash Moy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, how to kill the bloodfeather and make it succeeded ?

11. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can't. The quest is meant to end like that. You'll know why in the next chapter.

12. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am enjoying it a lot so far, and am nearly at the end (I think), but I will update this post later when I have completely finished the campaign.
    The story is good, and I think this is what players want to see when adaptions of the blizzard campaigns are made, instead of just editing the blizzard campaigns (not saying those campaigns are bad, but campaigns like yours are the ones that players will accept easier).

Issues I encountered
    Map2- The enemy troll chieftain is just a regular unit instead of a hero, and I did not realize he was the boss who needed to die for the side quest immediately.
    Map2- If you complete the side quest for the evil troll chieftain, during the ending cinematic, they will attack Samuro (because Samuro is player orange, and not allied to the "redeemed" troll tribe.

13. Edusx

Edusx

Resources:
    Resources:
    @HERON
    Thank you for taking it wisely and for answering me, you have my full support: D

14. duckets585

duckets585

Resources:
    Resources:
    alright so ive now beaten the blood warriors chapter 3 times and i cant get through the final gate and am stuck...please help!!

what did you do differently to get past the board? beaten it 3 times and am stuck at the end....ive destroyed everything and...???

@HERON im hoping by tagging you you'll get a notification :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  15. duckets585

duckets585

Resources:
    Resources:
    @HERON hey any word on my post about chapter 6???

16. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will try to fix this, thank you!

I checked my campaign, and I have not problem with chapter 6, but I will check it again for you...

17. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, I finished it.

Only things I was to mention are:

1) The Korgall fight. I think this kind of fight should be modified, since there is only 1 difficulty in game. Right now, if a player chooses to learn chain lightning for thrall, he will 100% lose in the 1v1 duel. There is actually nothing you can do if you choose chain lightning. You must choose lvl 3 wolf, lvl 3 auto cast spell (the one that increases thrall's attack and included change to purge), and the passive that (reflects damage?) if you want a chance to win.
    Even if you reload and give all good items to thrall, if he has learned lvl 3 chain lightning (which means he does not have high lvls in the other spells), there is no way to beat Korgrall. Even worse, chain lightning kills the pigs Korgall summons, which are the only things that allow you to run around and evade his attack (using his own pigs to block him). I was forced to whosyourdaddy to win. Possibly if I had the items I gave Grom on thrall, it might be possible to win the duel even with lvl 3 chain lightning (like the selfheal 500hp). Hope this fight is changed. It only worked I Rexxar campaign because Rexxar could summon multiple beasts, and he had a single damage stun (storm bolt), and the healing/mana runes kept re-appearing.

2)In the final mission, the felorc AI has issues, and Samuro would randomly send a group to the centaur creeps and just not move. Also, there is a strange pathing issue with the two canyons with the demon gates. All units (both my units and the demons) think there is a path through the mountain when there is none. So you cannot right click in the area, since it will send your units to the other side of the mountain instead of walking through there passage to the demon gate. It also affects the demon AI, since they get stuck in their own area.

3)For final cinematic, Rokhan was standing when Grom jumped and attacked the final boss.

I really enjoyed it!

18. Gauda

Gauda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hi, it was funny to play the campaign so i'd like to give some feedback on it.

About the story in general: The map feels quite realistic also since many parts of the plot are quite similar to the original campaign.
    I didn't played the original english campaign but i think that some texts could be more copy-paste (only when it is really based on an original text)
    Sometimes there are also some errors of language. My favorite sentence from Grom was when he said that nothing will not stop them.

About the heroes: Very nice that you added some skills. In the first level i really missed Thrall's Farsight and the blademaster skills of Grom.

Thrall: additional armor is good and searing arrows (?) in the later levels is also some nice damage. I like the change of the wolves which makes them very good units

Grom: I honestly didn't really see his passive ability. In early game he was some sort of ... chicken food but in late game he is the one solution for all problems.
    (I killed entire bases with him) His push ability is ok but it has too much glitch potential to move enemies (or loot) to unreachable positions.
    Also his jump skill: I suggest to make target a point instead of a unit so that he can back of unreachable positions

Samuro: He is a more interesting version of a blademaster but his Dash has the same problem as
    Grom's jump. Maybe make it possible to target friendly units and trigger the damage

Rokhan: When he speaks it is not really troll-speech (more like common english) which was similar for other trolls. Appart from that it is just the Rokhan from the campaign
    but he is still as useful

Drek'tar: It is good that he is different to Thrall and his skills are intersting but i only used his monsoon which is his best skill in my opinion.
    And finally he has Farsight to see the entire map. Maybe not useful in combat but i like to have it

Cairne: Maybe as strong as Grom so there is not much to say. I did not used his new skill since stun and the shock wave are already good skills

Gazlowe: To be honest he was not useful and i always had to pay attention that he does not die (which happened multiple times). He comes late in the game and his defensive is bad.

Now about the levels

1 The Escape
    Already different to the campaign. Gar'tok didn't seemed to be a guy like that in the Rexxar campaign. Interesting

2 Old Friends
    Protecting those 2 trolls at the beginning was a bit annoying but managable. Also there is one giant turtle that did not attacked me. Finally i found out that i can pull it using Purge.
    Unfortunately no loot. Then the other troll tribe made some problems and killed Grom because i did not pay attention. It is a bit strange that heroes must not die when you can build a base.
    This reminded me to legends of arkain: The enemy was able to spam like an insane.

3 Into the Darkness
    The design of the dungeon was good in my opinion but putting so many skeleton archers on walls was annoying. They are not strong but to get the side quest i used iseedeadpeople.
    The boss was too easy in my opinion since it was not special. Also i feared that i get no loot for the first of multiple times since the cinematic was quite fast there.
    Maybe trigger it when the player wants to leave the room.
    Something to enhance is that non-hero-units can see more than 1 meter in front of them

Interlude - Bad Payback
    Cliché (and i miss murlocs)

4 Enemies from Anywhere
    At the beginning it was hard to find the main way to the base. I assumed that there are 3 of them until i walked back before entering base.
    Either i was a bit blind or there is a way to mark it in a better way what is the way to the main quest and what is optional. At least there is a fountain of health.
    It is btw good that you used those fountains multiple times in the campaign. I liked the layout of the bases but the way to the night elf base looked a bit too raw and might need more doodadds.
    The centaurs are in general interesting since there are "new" models but after the boss there is a bad decision: He drops loot but you don't have much time to pick it up.
    I had to kill him a second time to get the loot since i had no space left. How to solve it: At the objective to come back to the Tauren camp so that the player has time to see the loot.

5 In Enemy Land
    Starting without a base is still nice and gets better when your units already have Pillage. Here it really starts that Grom gets op.
    Something i don't like is that you can't go to the fountain of health before building a base since you use invisible walls. At least there should be no invisible walls.
    The final nightelf base is a bit ... different. I think you used a bit too much border-Textures which makes it annoying (and unlogical) to use Dragon Riders.
    It is possible to kill the target to open the gate and is obvious enough. Also i reached the fountain with my flyers before opening the gate. (There you could use invisible walls)

6 Blood Warriors
    Did i already said that Grom grows op? Yes? Good. I think Grom had the highest kill counter in this map. I wanted to explore the map before attacking the enemy.
    But since he annoyed me, killed Samuro and destroyed buildings multiple times i sent Grom to ... talk with the Elves.
    Yes it was mostly using Grom and sending some units later to destroy some buildings and kill some units to make it go faster.
    Here you used also some unreachable (for ground units) creeps where the changes i suggested for Grom and Samuro are good to get them back (I did not tested if they can access all spots)
    Something to adapt: Chaos Peons are not able to enter burrows.

7 A Dangerous Journey
    A lost quite some units and did not regret it since they are so weak. I kept them back and used my heroes for most stuff. Again the problem with finding the main quest way and the others.
    A good change: Sappers can do more things than commit suicide and Gazlowe gets a story. Kor'gall was funny to fight since he only focused Thrall and not his wolves. So i was able to kite him around the wolves and use other skills.
    Is Bloodfeather meant to escape? It seems like that. Grounded Harpies? Interesting.
    The humans at the end were no real challenge.

8 Breaking Point
    I tried to attack the enemies and the beginning and saw that it does not work. So trying to survive in the base works but it is also quite easy when Gazlowe and Drek'tar do not stand in the first line.
    Adding centaurs and harpies makes it interesting also that Cairne killed the Centaur-Leader alone. the position of Bloodfeather is not very good since she flied some meters away and i had to get her back somehow.
    Later it becames very easy (but still see Gazlowe and Drek'tar). Well Gazlowe is chicken food.

9 - 1 Brothers' War
    The enemy only focused the Tauren Base. Thrall's base wasn't attacked a single time. Demon Gates in caves where Air units cannot go to are annoying but Cairne and Thrall are more than enough.
    The difficulty is challenging but not hard. (This is a reason why i miss a difficulty setting for the campaign)

9 - 2 For the Horde
    It's an interesting large scale fight but it also starts immediately after the cinematic which is something i don't really like.
    Mannoroth is immune to magic which makes it less interesting (maybe remove it and increase his health a bit) and Gazlowe is chicken food.
    Samuro was focused multiple times so i kept him and Gazlowe away from Mannoroth
    Some general things: It is more an rpg since heroes are very strong and other units are not so strong/useful. Ressource are no problem. Trees with a huge amount of hp keep up the flaire they make.
    Sometimes enemy units are fleeing for a short time when you attack them which also caused the situation with Bloodfeather in chapter 8.
    You can fluently play the campaign without the need to have an apm of an unrealistic level. For me it was quite easy but i also played Legends of Arkain
    Thanks for your time to read this. :)

Whole in one: Good campaign but some things can still be adapted.

19. HERON

HERON

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Thank you about your reviews, it's help me so much... when I have a time, I will try to fix these.

20. duckets585

duckets585

Resources:
    Resources:
    ive beaten the board 3 times and it doesnt let me through the final gate up top middle....so let me ask this...there are 3 blue bases, in what order did you defeat them? middle right, top left, top right? like i said ive destroyed the map multiple times...