• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

01: Exodus of the Horde Remake v1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a remake of the original Prologue Campaign from Warcraft III.

Major Changes:
This remake is much harder than the original campaign.
Most enemies or the map itself will have surprising custom made attacks.
As I am planning to make this 2 player mode, maps will always have 2 Heroes.

Maps are rated from level 1-4 to give the players some ideas of how hard they will expect from this remake. Here is the breakdown:

Level 1: Players should have no problem beating the map in one or two try. That said, saving a lot is still recommended.
Level 2: Map should offer a decent challenge to the players, and players might lose a lot. Saving a lot is recommended.
Level 3: The creator has a hard time to beat this map himself without using cheat(I still beat this difficulty without cheat), and expects strong microing skills from the players to beat this map. Saving a lot is strongly recommended.
Level 4: Unknown, but is harder than Level 3 for sure.

If you find bugs, especially things that seem unintentional or lag at certain point, please post a comment or send a mail to [email protected]. If the map seems too hard, that's cool. But if it is too easy, please let me know :D.

Save a lot, and have fun!

Email: [email protected]

Keywords:
Campaign
Contents

01: Exodus of the Horde Remake v1.2 (Campaign)

Reviews
23:32, 8th Nov 2014 StoPCampinGn00b: Map put to await update/needs fix. The author hasn't been here for months and did not fix the description.

M

23:32, 8th Nov 2014
StoPCampinGn00b: Map put to await update/needs fix. The author hasn't been here for months and did not fix the description.

Level 25
Going to type this while I play..
==Map 1==
The arathi basin has been invaded by.. nets that deal damage? At first I thought the campaign missed models and the ensnared buff was used for them instead.
Why is the grunt having a circle of power attached to him? Use a hero glow model instead or use a different model.
The lvl1 Gnoll can be attacked from afar until it casts a spell, then it keeps moving back and forth (avoiding the nets).
The gnolls casts a stone ability that can't be avoided?
Why should I kill the Ogre when it doesn't give me any more experience (I'm already at the lvl2 cap) and he doesn't drop any loot.
I just whosyourdaddy through the rest of it.

==Map 2==
I did like this one a lot more. Just a question tho, why are Militas more armored than Footmen?
I like the way you made units cheaper, allows for a greater army.
The boss fight was cool at first, then his divine shield-I-life-steal-myself-to-full-health combo started to become annoying.

==Map 3==
Just started playing it, but it was more enjoying.

I'd say you have to work a lot more on the way you show what spells do instead of the current "Water splash by murlocs kills your army".

Level 5
To LordDz,

I can imagine you have a hard time on the first map. In any case, most of the damages caused by custom made attacks are avoidable. Maybe you can dodge, maybe a spell, or maybe do enough damage to the target at a given time. I do not expect players to one shot this campaign without cheat, however; I want to offer challenges so players need to think of a way to fight back.

Take the first gnoll for example: I know some players will try to kite it away from trap, or use Thrall to range it down, so I make it region bound to it's own area, and add a spell to avoid players from ranging it down without suffering the consequences. There is a way to avoid taking the massive damage from the spell without cheat, of course.

The first map does test your micro skills, so yeah, if you don't attention to the custom spells attack, you will take a lot of avoidable damage. But then, the first map is beatable with 2 heroes and 2 grunts, that I can guarantee.

The ogre is pretty much the same as it is in the original map, I merely make it a little bit stronger so players will have a "fierce battle," just like Thrall quotes, should you decide to attack it. It has no drop in the original map either.

I am so focus on balancing gameplay, triggers, debugging that I don't have time to import models for now, even hero glow. The circle of power is a placeholder for hero glow.

I'm a bit curious, how did you fight back the last boss in Map 2? As the creator, I know the way to fight back that combo, but I want to hear your approach.

Level 25
I'm a bit curious, how did you fight back the last boss in Map 2? As the creator, I know the way to fight back that combo, but I want to hear your approach.
Fought him until the beam from tower 1 came up, destroyed the tower. Fought him with multiple grunts and the two heroes for a while. No beam came up, he life-stealed and divine-armored his way back to full life all the time. whosyourdaddy, destroyed the two towers that were made vulnerable, won. :)

Level 1
"Fought him until the beam from tower 1 came up, destroyed the tower. Fought him with multiple grunts and the two heroes for a while. No beam came up, he life-stealed and divine-armored his way back to full life all the time. whosyourdaddy, destroyed the two towers that were made vulnerable, won. :)"

why would you need to cheat to win one of the easiest campaigns?