• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Development: The Scourging of Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Currently, blood elves are not in my map. I need to come up with appropriate way to include them.
But when I implement them, then yes, they will have the option to morph into felbood elves.

And in other news....Tauren are being worked on! In addition, unit sizes were decreased. This way, the world seems larger

Level 5
One major issue i just noticed is that theres no races for outland except perhaps the burning legion but from what im understanding this takes place at the beggining of WoW(correct me if im wrong) at which point most of outland would be under the control of Illidan and his luetenants vashj and kael(pre-betrayal) with only little demon influence.

I recomend you either add Illidari as a playable race or outland will have to be almost completly creeps which wont be accurate since Illidan controls a pretty powerful fighting force. If you decide to add them as a race i'd be more then willing to help in their creation.

One major issue i just noticed is that theres no races for outland except perhaps the burning legion but from what im understanding this takes place at the beggining of WoW(correct me if im wrong) at which point most of outland would be under the control of Illidan and his luetenants vashj and kael(pre-betrayal) with only little demon influence.

I recomend you either add Illidari as a playable race or outland will have to be almost completly creeps which wont be accurate since Illidan controls a pretty powerful fighting force. If you decide to add them as a race i'd be more then willing to help in their creation.

Needless to say, the Illidari are a pretty damn cool faction. I would love to see them as well.

Level 11
Yes, I understand where you guys are coming from.
Yet, as of now, Outland is going to be the home of the Burning Legion. Yet, I am going to revisit this mechanic several times to see if there is any way I could include the Illidari. If not, the Illidari are controlled by creeps and the Burning Legion must defeat them in order to gain their first capital.

Level 11
@Miss_Foxxy: Yes, Outland is pretty big. It is probably as big as Northrend.
@Aztec_Devil2000: Haha, well sorry Aztec_devil2000, I already have a terrainer. Thanks for your interest though!

Level 11
Is he pro =o, :p sorry for asking not that keen with Hiveworkshop for what they said to me in chat. Something hurtfull where admins shouldn't really say that to human beings... Anyway here i'll show you 5 images :p. You don't mind 2 terrainers D:?

--I would also like help on my map :(, btw this is somewhere what the admins said about my map...-- (nobody ever helps me)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Level 5
Hey im just curious, for the masteries and events are they not there cuz u dont wna post them yet or cuz u havnt thought of them yet, if its the second one i could help with some ideas.

Also on a second note the mastery for the paladins where they join lich king, you should probably make that a situational thing where lich king player has a say so in it cuz if it was me id just research it the second it looks like im gna lose to him.

Level 11
@Aztec: Hmmm....those are really well done. Yeah, I might have 2 terrainers then :) ill let you know when the terrain will be revisited :)
@apsycobear: you and Aztec will work together on the terrain when the time comes. Well there are some masteries and events, it is just I have not thought of them all. As I go over each race, that is when I work on the Masteries :) it is also a preview of them. And that is an interesting note on the Silver Hand mastery...I will definitely have to address that

Level 5
For the Dark Irons, a few possible masterys could be...;

"Key to the Forge".
It is discovered that the Moria, the leader of Dark Iron after the king's death is the heir to both the Dark Iron Clan and Iron Forge. If Iron Forge isn't picked, you will gain control of it and gain a new techtree branch set. If Iron Forge is picked, you can offer allaince to them and become the Dark Forge Allaince if they agree, unallying Stormwind and defeating Ragnoras. The Dark Iron gain the new heros of Onin Machamer, Moria, and Lokhas of the Thorium Brotherhood.
"My Blood, My Fire, My Beer".
The Dark Iron Clan becomes more empowered by Ragnoras' firey power, gaining Dark Iron Firebloods, sorrcerors who are able to quickly eliminate targets with their quick damage bursts and Firebroods, demonic servents of Ragnoaras who deal damage around them. All units gain the passive "Of Ragonaras", causing them to leave a dot that deals damage over time.
"Dominance over the Spire".
While near dwarven buildings, they deal extra damage and leave a dot dealing small amounts of damage. They are also able to build Dark Iron Tunnels, which act as waygates between them if you link more then two.

Level 11
Oooh, those are very cool! I will definitely take those into consideration when I create the Masteries for Ironforge & Ragnaros/Dark Iron Dwarves! :D

Level 5
Well, okay then! If ya' don't mind, I've got an idea for Gurashabi.

Atal'Hakker
After careful work, and summoning, you incarnate the Avatar of Hakkar. Gaining the Temple of Atal'Hakker, you gain the new heros Avatar of Hakkar, Jamm'alan the Prophet, and Atal'Arion. If Jamm'alan is defeated, you will have to defeat Shade of Eranikus, who will appear in the depths of Atal'Hakker. You gain a different techtree by getting this mastery, however you lose your old heros, who are then given to the Horde.

Level 11
Hmm, that is interesting as well. I was thinking of something very similar.
You know, you seem to know your lore well...you should help me out with lore ideas :)

Level 5
It'd be a VERY bad idea to have me help with lore for you. I have a attention span of... less then a goldfishes! I suck at making maps because of that. D:. I've mainlt been writing these with the help of DAOW knowledge, AZW knowledge, and the wonderful Wowwiki! (lol).

(Off Topic -> did you know BLizzard admits that WoW conflicts with the lore?)

Level 11
Exactly Aztec! haha

Anyone else have any suggestions?
And on a side note: The creation of the units is coming along greatly! I have a great set of testers that really help out by finding stuff that is done incorrectly :)

Level 7
Wow this looks interesting! I have afew questions though:

How is income generated? I couldnt see this addressed on the OP, is it spawned or control point based?

You say maintaining a large army will be difficult, what do you mean? Do you mean they'll be an income tax based on how large your army is?

Level 11
Income is generated through capturing Mining Sites, Special Sites, and Capitals. Mining Sites look like a generic gold mine and generate 5g/60sec to the player who controls it. Special sites look like a multitude of things, yet they represent important sites or towns. They generate 10g/60sec to the player who controls it. And there is one capital for each player. So, in any game, there would be only 16 available capitals. Capitals generate 15g/60sec.
When did I say that maintaining a large army will be difficult? o_O

Level 5
I think you should add the Amani to the Gurubashi race, lorewise the amani are more "alive" then the gurubashi at this point so it doesn't make sense that the gurubashi are able to fight for world dominance but the amani arn't.

As for mastery ideas:

Scourge(Azjol'Nerub)

Wisper's of Yogg-Saron: After years of being exposed to the mad wispers of the old god, the nerubians have finally fallen prey and become enslaved by Yogg-Saron-The nerubian player unallies with the lich king and obtains Yogg-Saron and maybe Loken, he also obtains the Iron(incase you dont know what the iron are they're dwarves literally made from iron, no relation to the dark iron which is just a clan name). His capital would also be moved from Azjol'nerub to Ulduar and he allies the C'thun player.

Will of the Scourge: Since the Lich Kings arrival in Northrend the spider kingdom of Azjol'nerub has fought to ensure its survival, after decades of fighting the last of the nerubians has fallen to the scourge, supplying them with a fresh supply of soldiers-All nerubian units(crypt fiends and what not) become cheaper to train(more supply+same demand=lower costs). The nerubian player also gains access to a new elite unit named Spider Veterans, only 6 of which may be trained at any one time.

Will think of more l8er.

Level 5
More mastery idea's!

Will of the Damned
Keeping more heed to Kel'thuzard, you gain the ability to train new, improved necromancers with the abbility to summon lesser liches and ghouls. All spell casters gain bonus damage and mana, and Ghoul's gain the ability Cryptic Charge, allowing them to rush forward and deal damage in a line.
As of the Creatures of the Frost...
Destroying the mad furblogs of Verdessal, Arthas boosts his army with undead furblogs and tainted dragons, you gain the new Plagued Dragonflight and the hero Vectus, however losing your Frost Wyrms. You gain vigilant Deathblogs, large monstrous undead furblogs who can withstand much damage. You also gain the ability to train strong and powerful Valkyrie, replacing your abominations.
Demonic Pact
Re-allying the old enemy Kil'Jadean ( if it is accepted by the Burning Legion ), Arthas allows the training of Dread Lords and Demons. All units gain a small demonic damage increase, and are tinted slightly red with a burning look. This allows the creation of the Dread Spire, which allows you to build Lesser Dread Lords and Demons. You gain the old enemy of Arthas,
Mal'Ganis a hero.

I guess I'll try to throw some ideas around as well. Although I've been following this thread, I can't say I remember every idea that's been posted, so I hope I'm not repeating anyone. Also, I'm not too good with names so I'm not going to make an attempt to think of any. My apologies for that.

Tauren Event/Mastery Ideas

Mastery/Event: Grimtotem Betrayal - Cairne Bloodhoof has fallen in a duel against the Warchief. Magatha, Elder Crone of the Grimtotem Tribe, poisoned the Warchief's weapon causing the Bloodhoof's noble leader to fall to an inferior strike. Taking advantage of his death, the Grimtotem have taken control of the tribe.

Event: Cairne Falls In Battle - If Cairne dies, no matter how he dies, Baine Bloodhoof, his son, will take his place. This really only should be implemented if the Tauren are a significantly weaker team compared to their enemies.

Mastery: Maintaining Balance (Sunwalkers) - Druidic representatives of the Tauren feel they have overlooked a key piece in the balance of nature. In an attempt to maintain this balance, many Tauren now look towards the sun and follow the guidance of its light. The Sunwalkers have emerged as a new powerful force within the Tauren tribes. This mastery will give you access to healing units and magic-casting warrior units.

Event/Mastery: Allegiance of the Taunka/Icemist Tauren - Ancient cousins of the Tauren, the Taunka or a hardened faction of people living in the rough lands to the north. Having failed to hold their defences against the Scourge for so many years, they now seek the Horde's assistance. This mastery/event will provide you with several shamanistic units. If you choose this to be an event, it can initiate if you capture a region in Northrend. If you want it to be a mastery they can simply appear near Thunder Bluff or a port nearby.

You could also do something involving the Scourge controlling the Razorfen Downs or the Centaur to the West, possibly even Princess Theradras and her elemental subjects in Maraudon.

I think you should add the Amani to the Gurubashi race, lorewise the amani are more "alive" then the gurubashi at this point so it doesn't make sense that the gurubashi are able to fight for world dominance but the amani arn't.

One thing that I suspect impacted his decision was the fact that the Amani control such a small area, and with the condensed map of Azeroth they're so damn close to the elves.

Level 11
Awesome Mastery/Event ideas everyone!!

@Apsycobear: The 'Whispers of the Old Gods' is actually very similar to an idea I had thought of for a very cool event for the Undead Nerubians (gray). The only difference is that their new capital was not in Ulduar, but 'The Heart of Azjol Nerub' and I had not thought of Iron Dwarves. Yet, come to think of it, I thought of this before WotLK came about, so I may revisit this and change it. But yeah, I like your idea :)
I also like the second one. That one is pretty interesting. Could be a cool event or something like that!

@WillofKhrone: The first one is interesting. I think I could use that as a Mastery that would increase the capabilities of all spellcasters, similar to what you have already said. The second one is similar to several events which I have set up for Lich King, in which Ymirjar/Val'kyr (undead Vrkyul), Undead Trolls, and variants of Undead Dragons become available for Lich King. But the third one I'd say I do not like. It is a good idea, but I would like to keep the Lich King Scourge and Burning Legion separated.

@Hawkwing: Those ideas are practically nearly identical to what I have thought for the Tauren xD I'm glad to know that my ideas are not crazy, haha. The Grimtotem Betrayal & Sunwalkers I thought could be Mastery choices, while Baine replacing Cairne & Taunka would be events.
And yeah, that was one of the main reasons I did Gurubashi instead of Amani. They would be way too close to the Silver Hand if I had chosen Amani

I am going to update the Events & Masteries section in the main post for everyone :D

Level 11
Yes, they are. So, that is why I need to come up with a creative way to include them in my map :)
The biggest problem right now is finding room for them. Like I said, I gotta figure out a way to implement them

Although I do have a few ideas. It would basically revolve around this:
1) You start out with a few High Elven units. From the start of the game, you choose whether to join the Silver Hand (High Elves), Burning Legion (Felbloods), or Independant (Blood Elves).
2) Depending on which you choose, you will have a different starting zone. High Elves are in Silvermoon, Felbloods are in Outland, and Blood Elves are free-roaming; they have to establish their own base.

Level 11
Ooh wow, that would be very cool! Would I need to give you some pics to work around with, or would you do it yourself without my incentive??
Cause if so, I could find pics that would relate to my map

Level 5
For the Night Elves, a possible mastery could be...

The Arcane Rebirth
After researching The Arcane Rebith, you the ability to train Night Elven Spellweavers, Night Elven Frost Circles, and Night Elven Firefrosters from the new building, Temple of the Arcane. Druids, however, are lost, but in change you get Night Elven Soulweavers, that are able to change into Arcane Wisps with the ability to deal high damage in AoE, however they are unable to withstand much damage.

Although I do have a few ideas. It would basically revolve around this:
1) You start out with a few High Elven units. From the start of the game, you choose whether to join the Silver Hand (High Elves), Burning Legion (Felbloods), or Independant (Blood Elves).
2) Depending on which you choose, you will have a different starting zone. High Elves are in Silvermoon, Felbloods are in Outland, and Blood Elves are free-roaming; they have to establish their own base.

Sounds great, it'll be interesting to see the Felbloods, if you do go through with this idea. You're going to need to be careful with the free roaming idea for Blood Elves though. It wouldn't be very fun for the player if they got killed looking for a place to establish a base. So that brings the question, do they have any allies upon starting?

Level 11
@WillofKhrone: Nice idea! I could actually weave that into a Mastery I was thinking of with the Shen'Dralar (they are the mages of the Night Elves), so that is perfect :D

@Hawkwing: Yes, that is a good point. As I said, it is a thought at the moment. I will have to of course get down the drawing board and figure out exactly how it will work. Although, what I am thinking is that they would get some units (like Blood Elf Wagon) that builds buildings for free and they would get a force that is a bit larger than normal (to prevent enemies from rushing). But like I said, we will see.

GAMECHANGER:
~The income system is probably going to be changed! Capitals and special sites will be maintained. but Mining Sites will probably be removed and replaced with normal Gold Mines (harvested by workers) that have 1 located in each starting zone and 1-2 in each region.

Level 5
I recomend changing the NE mastery lore for allying with legion, according to cata Fandral was under the influence of Xavius so maybe do it so its somthing like this:

Fandral has gathered Night Elves loyal to him and performed a coup convincing them that the current leadership will only lead to their demise, his followers do not realise that Fandral is actually under the control of Xavius until it is to late, Xavius reveals himself and transforms the remaining Night Elves into Satyrs, now serving the legion.

The reason i suggest the change to lore is that the night elves, or any mortal race for that matter, would never really ally themselves to the burning legion(without being tricked atleast). Also this makes a lil more sense i think since it also follows lore more accuratly.

Also just pointing this out, the nerubian event says REforging allegance but they were never allies of yogg-saron to before hand.

Level 11
Hmmm....you definitely have a point there. I will edit the Mastery so it more closely resembles what you have posted.

And Blizzard reps stated that the Nerubians and Old Gods are best buds for life, so yes, it would be "reforging" an allegiance :)

Level 7
When did I say that maintaining a large army will be difficult? o_O

Here:

In this way, it is not all about creating a gigantic army and such. Strategy is crucial, due to the fact that maintaining a large empire is difficult.
Other than that, conquer the world of Azeroth!

Anyway this looks good, looking farward to seeing some of the new terrain screenshots.

Level 11
Ooh. No, I said that maintaining a large empire would be difficult :) not large army.
The reason a large empire would be difficult to maintain would be because a large empire means you have control of many regions, which leaves more areas open for attack. Then, you have to invest more money in things such as defense and naval power.

UPDATE:
Burning Legion, Naga, Night Elf, and Deathwing starting zone screenshots added!

Last edited:
Level 11
@apsycobear: Yeah, I am going to add it, but I am going to have to do a complete remake of outland once I do that, because the terrain will have to be reformed and everything. But yeah, Blade Edge Mountains and Netherstorm will be included, no worries

Status
Not open for further replies.