• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New map!!!: Scourging of azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello, i am Silverfish423. I am a new member of thehiveworkshop and i am a novice map maker :thumbs_up:. This is my first map ever created and posted onto thehiveworkshop or anywhere as a matter of fact.

Map Name: Scourging of Azeroth

Name of Creators: Silverfish423; Ucantwin

Current Stage of Game: Beta

Summary of Map Gameplay/Objectives: This map is somewhat based on Warcraft 3 lore (namely the Third War). The Burning Legion has come to finally finish off the Mortal Races of Azeroth, but they have banded together. Also, the Scourge has set in motion plans that could undo the plans of the Burning Legion. You can play as all three sides in 6v3v3 AoS styled play (mortal races vs scourge vs burning legion). Each player has one hero. The objective is to destroy your enemies and gain dominance over Azeroth.

Map Features: Customized units, imported models, basic triggers, etc

Miscellaneous Info: I thank all of the model creators, skin creators, anyone who helped me, etc because it is because of all of them that this was brought to life. Also, I especially thanks Ucantwin, because without him, this map would DEFINITELY never of happened.

Please test this map. Inform me of any bugs or things that I overlooked. As well, any constructive critisism or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

As of now, I can't get the pictures uploaded. I used paint this time (took pic, open paint, ctrl v), but it can't upload them. If anyone has solution for getting pics onto here from warcraft 3, tell me :xxd:

!!The Map is also available for dling to test!!

Lag is of course an issue with a map of such large armies. So if anyone has any suggestions on how to reduce lag, please tell me. So far, i have reduced number of doodads, removed uneeded triggers and imports.

UPDATES:
V 1.01- Attempted to reduce lag + fixed Brown and LB's hero
V 1.02- Terrain and buildings and unit adjustments
V 1.02b- Additional Terrain (people keep wanting terrain different. terrain will stay as it is now)

:infl_thumbs_up: :infl_thumbs_up: :infl_thumbs_up: :infl_thumbs_up: :infl_thumbs_up: :infl_thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Scourging_of_Azeroth v 1.02b BETA.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Level 11
i think it is AoS. I am not fully sure what all of those are exactly are. But in this game, the objective is to destroy the other two teams. The beta is available for dl

EDIT:
so has anyone seen any bugs or have suggestions or constructive critisism???

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
OK finally found it you kinda released the beta without letting me see what you did lol. ok ill start to work on it silver.

Level 6
I'll Beta Test if u want... I'm downloading it right now there is no school now so I can do anything i want...lol
You could add price to training your soldiers... or at least food cost, wich you gain over time or when you kill your enemies...

Level 11
yes, if you could help beta test it, that would be great. yea, i was thinking of adding a money system and a food cost limit, but it would be quite large. i also noticed a few things that are wrong with the map, so i am going to fix those. i will post the updated version for download by today or tomorrow

Level 11
Spamming infernals in your first post does not add to the visual appeal of your map. This is a common misconception. Fix this please. :)

Anyway, this map really needs something unique about it.

haha, i just like the thumbs-up infernal, and i thought it looks like a good border to separate the first post and the next post =P. Uhm, yea. i have a really good idea for version 2, but i am still trying to think of something else for v 1.5. in sense, this map is to get the idea out, and to get people familiar with it. versions 1.5 and 2.0 will have the really cool stuff in it

Level 7
I will try it out and give some critisism also. Ill be back xD!

Its a great map and i totally approve. Sorry that it took so long time, but ive been
very sick. , flue.

Last edited:
Level 11
Fisher, have you noticed anything?

Update: I am currently working on adding a gold income where when you kill units, you gain gold. This gold helps you train and summon units. I am also adding a food cost/limit (100 per person), because lag gets CRAZY without it.

Anyone notice anything else???

Level 9
A solution for lag would perhaps be using a third party program (liike widgitizer or vexorians map optimizer) and seeing that would help.

Widgitizer reduces load times, and perhaps lag because it removes unused doodads and things potentially, and optimizer helps your triggers optimize.

Level 11
For everyones information, I am doing some HUGE changes to the map. A whole new terrain is being implemented, and whole new game mechanics as well. Also, some units are being fixed or changed as well. I will get the new version to you as soon as possible (the soonest version will probably be without triggers). I may need a good trigerer to help me (that is if ucantwin cant solve any trigger problems), so if any1 knows a good triger maker or if u are a good trigerer, tell me please.:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.