• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 31
Hey guys!

Here are some more screenshots for the chapter I am currently making. Enjoy :)

183891-albums7057-picture90018.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture90020.jpg

Level 12
Also the colour is strange , in chapte 3 Malfurion has red colour but now it is yellow . It is strange but cool !

Level 31
Hey guys!

I've started working on Chapter 4 of the Sentinel storyline. This map is expected to be done by the end of October.

Tyrande will be an acquirable hero during this mission. Here are some of the spell changes she currently has:

183891-albums7057-picture90311.png

SUMMON OWL
This ability is based on her default Owl Scout ability. However, the Owl that can be summon in Malfurion's Quest will be able to attack your enemies.

183891-albums7057-picture90312.gif

MOONFIRE
Not to be confused with Starfall (that ability will recieve a different icon). Moonfire is a cheap area-of-effect spell that Tyrande will be able to cast often.

What do you think of these spell changes? Let me know what you think.

I will also be uploading some screenshots of Chapter 4 Sentinel later during the week, so stay tuned ;)

Level 12
Also how about to change trueshot aura with Elune rays (a passive ability , with every attach deal reduce enemy units armore ) ?

Level 31
Chen is right, its name is better, although, I like it better if there's another custom icon :)
And I like the own spell aswell

You're right, Moonfire should have a different icon. I was considering this one:

183891-albums7057-picture90359.jpg

Also how about to change trueshot aura with Elune rays (a passive ability , with every attach deal reduce enemy units armore ) ?

I haven't thought about changing Tyrande's aura ability. I might consider it, though it may be better to replace it with another ally-support aura.

Level 12
Very nice icon Turnro . Maybe Elune Shine (increese nearby friendly units life regeneration ) ?

Level 24
You're right, Moonfire should have a different icon. I was considering this one:

183891-albums7057-picture90359.jpg

I haven't thought about changing Tyrande's aura ability. I might consider it, though it may be better to replace it with another ally-support aura.

Looks nice, where'd you get that icon?
:)
although, just an opinion, I'd really like to see the icons fit together and balanced, just like the other ability icons, but its good enough :D

Level 4
You shouldn't change trueshot aura (damage bonus aura) to some hit point regen aura. Tyrande is supportive, backline hero if we are talking about Warcraft 3.
It would be better if she gets change to ultimate and W (Searing Arrow) spell.

Level 12
Maybe this , ultimate : Sky Razors (in an area Tyrande release a wave of magic arrows who damage enemy units and slow their movement speed ) or maybe King of the Moon ( Tyrande summon an ancient spirit to destroy enemy units ) or maybe Moon Reflection (for a set time all attack who are taken by Tyrande are refflected back ) ?

Level 31
So Turnro , what will be Tyrande spells ?

The ideas I had for Tyrande's spells were already posted earlier in this forum.

Are you going to release your tech-trees for your races ?

Probably not for a while yet, since the tech-trees are constantly changing throughout development. Besides, I like the element of surprise ;)

Suggested Tyrande Spell Set

Q - Starfall
Calls down stars upon the target area. Enemies hit take 60/100/140 damage and are marked with Starlight, revealing them for 3 seconds and slowing them by 30%.

W - Searing Arrows
Deals 12.5/22.5/32.5 damage over 3 seconds to the next target. When hitting a target with starlight, 2.5/5/7.5 damage is added to the DPS.

E - Trueshot Aura (Same)

R - Moonstorm
Fires 3 waves of arrows over 3 seconds. Each wave deals 100 + Tyrande's damage, may proc Searing Arrows and may be enhanced by Trueshot Aura.

Last edited:
Level 4

Q - Starfall
Calls down stars upon the target area. Enemies hit take 60/100/140 damage and are marked with Starlight, revealing them for 3 seconds and slowing them by 30%.

W - Searing Arrows
Deals 12.5/22.5/32.5 damage over 3 seconds to the next target. When hitting a target with starlight, 2.5/5/7.5 damage is added to the DPS.

E - Trueshot Aura (Same)

R - Moonstorm
Fires 3 waves of arrows over 3 seconds. Each wave deals 100 + Tyrande's damage, may proc Searing Arrows and may be enhanced by Trueshot Aura.

I'd say increase the reveal time on Q from 3 seconds to like 15 cause 3 is like nothing. Don't think there is a need for slow, though.

For W I'd say make her do flat damage (just like the original one) and only if she is hitting marked targets (that 15seconds window) make it leave a DoT.

R seems really cool even though I would rather see an army buff-like spell. Probably an attack speed increase for set amount of time. You know, archers go all elune's grace madness and shit... :D

I made the Q reveal in an AoS standpoint, but I guess this is more on melee so I'll increase it by 2.

That makes sense, the suggested ult. Allows more searing arrows.

Q - Starfall
Calls down stars upon the target area. Enemies hit take 60/100/140 damage and are marked with Starlight, revealing them for 6 seconds and slowing them by 40% (decays over the duration).

W - Searing Arrows
Deals 10/20/30 damage to the next target. When hitting a target with Starlight, 10/15/20 damage is additionally dealt over 3 seconds.

E - Trueshot Aura (Same)

R - Moonstorm
Nearby allies gain 50% attack speed and 15% movement for 7 seconds.