• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
Hi Turnro ,

It looks good at the screenshot :) , Keep up the good job :) , I can't wait :D

In addition, I am currently considering if in-game cheat should be disabled for Malfurion's Quest (by making the player lose if they use a common cheat like "whosyourdaddy"). Feel free to let me know what you think about this idea, and whether or not it is something that you would like/ not like to see in the campaign.

I like the idea Turnro :) , Nice !! :D

Level 16
I think you should make an Easy difficulty where cheats are available, but on Normal and Hard they're not.
Because some people might want to see how the story develops, but suck at warcraft. This way they don't rage quit :)
Of course then, Normal and Hard should have bonuses.. I would like some cool items as reward :3

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Disabling cheats? Seems reasonable. "whosyourdaddy" for example can completely destroy cinematics that include fights since every computer unit dies after one hit. It's up to you, but I wouldn't mind if that was included. However, I think players should be warned about that when starting a mission (or at least at the start of the campaign).

I think you should make an Easy difficulty where cheats are available, but on Normal and Hard they're not.
Because some people might want to see how the story develops, but suck at warcraft. This way they don't rage quit :)

This sounds like a good idea.

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
What, cheats are disabled? Unsubscribing...
Its not disabled yet .

Of course then, Normal and Hard should have bonuses.. I would like some cool items as reward :3
Anyway, Turnro I totally agree with Knight26.
Don't let those who hate this make you regret your choice, its really great idea with Knight26 here.
Maybe I was wrong :/ , Sorry :)

I agree with knight26 and yousef :)

Level 31

I would have never thought of this. You're right, cheats should not be disabled in Easy difficulty mode.

Hm, maybe enable cheats on all difficulties? It is the player's choice after all.

I guess that would depend largely on what difficulty setting the player chooses in the first place. If the player chooses Hard mode, then it is assumed that they are up for a challenge. Allowing them to cheat would rob them of that experience.

I guess the best I can do is have cheats disabled for both Normal and Hard mode and wait for player feedback (when the time comes, of course).

Level 24
I guess that would depend largely on what difficulty setting the player chooses in the first place. If the player chooses Hard mode, then it is assumed that they are up for a challenge. Allowing them to cheat would rob them of that experience.

I guess the best I can do is have cheats disabled for both Normal and Hard mode and wait for player feedback (when the time comes, of course).

I Agree with this one

Level 16
Yes, having cheats at your disposal at all times really ruins the challenge, because you don't really care while taking risks and simply lay back, because there's a cheat code to insure victory. But when you have to maybe replay a few times, try different strategies, that's all worth it. :)

Level 4
Hello everyone! This is just a quick post to inform you of my progress of Malfurion's Quest.

Firstly, Chapter 4 Part 1 of the Highborne storyline is well on its way to having its initial version completed (which I am aiming to have done by 31st August). Once done, I will immediately start on making Chapter 4 of the Sentinel storyline.

Please note that once I have completed this map, I will not be uploading it to download from the forum.

In addition, I am currently considering if in-game cheats should be disabled for Malfurion's Quest (by making the player lose if they use a common cheat like "whosyourdaddy"). Feel free to let me know what you think about this idea, and whether or not it is something that you would like/ not like to see in the campaign.

I don't really care about other cheats but you should definitely leave out "allyourbasearebelongtous" because it would be a pain to redo all the missions once you download the campaign with new maps.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I don't really care about other cheats but you should definitely leave out "allyourbasearebelongtous" because it would be a pain to redo all the missions once you download the campaign with new maps.

This cheat doesn't work in any custom campaign. He'd have to make an extra trigger for that. Might be a good idea however.

Level 16
He will only upload the finished version, so there's really no need for such a cheat. Besides, if he did that, the balance would be impossible

Level 12
Turnro , dont ban using cheat , for me is not so important but not everybody are pro and some people may hate you , and maybe some people use cheat for fun . If want to ban cheats you maybe try this : easy mode (al cheats allowed ) normal mode ( all cheats except whosyourdaddy ) and hard mode ( no cheats , only strategy )

Level 8
I agree , if they want to play a challenge they must play it without cheats , that's adds more fun at least for me , if people don't like you because you disable cheats then they are a typical of those ....well i will say "conceited" that says "I can defeat every challenge no matter what it haves" and when you see how play that person he used every time "Warpten" or "thereisnospoon" or whosyourdaddy to defeat the opponent.

Level 2
I agree , if they want to play a challenge they must play it without cheats , that's adds more fun at least for me , if people don't like you because you disable cheats then they are a typical of those ....well i will say "conceited" that says "I can defeat every challenge no matter what it haves" and when you see how play that person he used every time "Warpten" or "thereisnospoon" or whosyourdaddy to defeat the opponent.

Then you are free to play without cheats. Others, however, have their own choice if they want to. You cannot disallow someone to play the game their way simply because YOU, don't like the way they play.

Level 8
Then you are free to play without cheats. Others, however, have their own choice if they want to. You cannot disallow someone to play the game their way simply because YOU, don't like the way they play.

I didn't say that i will disallow , i say that i agree if he wants to disable the cheats.
Besides , the modes of play that kakuzu said are good.

EDIT:Also maybe "allyourbasearebelongtous" be disabled in Normal as well?:p

Level 12
Yes, perhaps this is the best way to go about disabling cheats :)
I am glad you like it my idea , and maybe in hard version you can allow one cheat iseedeadpeople , it doesnt change the gameplay . What you think ?

Level 31
I am glad you like it my idea , and maybe in hard version you can allow one cheat iseedeadpeople , it doesnt change the gameplay . What you think ?

At the moment, I've been looking at all the cheats available to use in the game. Although I would like to disable them all in Hard difficulty, there is no possible way to detect them all with the World Editor.

So to answer your question, there will be a couple of cheats that you will still be able to use because it would be impractical to disable them. However, "iseedeadpeople" is a cheat that will be disabled since it ruins exploration on the player's behalf. This cheat also allows easy defending during base building missions (having full vision of the map against other players surprisingly gives you quite an unfair advantage).

Level 31
You could usethis for the Highborne buildings. It looks pretty decently made.

Thanks for this. I'll have a look at this model in-game, since it looks a lot similar to the model I already use.

Hey Turnro, Illidan will be playable ? How about Ysera ?

What? You want me to spoil the story for you?

I'm sorry, but I cannot answer this question ;)

I just remembered that I played a late chapter of this campaign a long time ago. Very long. It was all about fighting Illidan and Highborne and was Chapter Seven, I think. Will this mission be included in the final version or was it simply a test chapter?

That map was made a long time ago, when the story of Malfurion's Quest wasn't fleshed out much.

At first, I was going to have that map included in the campaign. However, as time past and the story formed (my map making skills also got a lot better,) I decided to omit the map completely.

Level 31
Hey guys! It's time for another update on my progress towards Malfurion's Quest.

CHEAT DISABLING

Based on the feedback I received, cheats will be disabled based on the difficulty of the game. For each difficulty:

EASY - No cheats disabled
NORMAL - whosyourdaddy is disabled
HARD - All cheats are disabled*

* I say all cheats but realistically, I haven't made the campaign disable every cheat in Warcraft 3 because some of them are only easter eggs. However, the following cheats will been disabled in Hard mode:
- whosyourdaddy
- greedisgood
- warpten
- thereisnospoon
- iseedeadpeople
- ... and many more!

HOTKEYS

The hotkeys for unit spells, buildings, unit training and upgrades have all been changed based on the QWER compilation. This is to allow easier control over your units and armies.

If you have custom hotkeys set for Warcraft 3, they will replace the preset ones for Malfurion's Quest.

CUSTOM BACKGROUND MUSIC

Malfurion's Quest will now have custom background music play throughout its missions. I have played a lot of custom campaigns over the years, and noticed that they only have one song play constantly throughout the map. However, this campaign will implement background music at a greater level by having several songs play during each map, one after the other. The amount of songs that can be played are unlimited (I can have 8 songs play in random order if I wanted to).

Since this is a feature I haven't done much before, I will only add custom background music to Chapter 4. I will then wait for user feedback before deciding what to do next.

Last edited:
Level 12
I am glad that you made the cheat system by my suggestion . This is the best way , i think

Level 24
Hey guys! It's time for another update on my progress towards Malfurion's Quest.

CHEAT DISABLING

Based on the feedback I received, cheats will be disabled based on the difficulty of the game. For each difficulty:

EASY - No cheats disabled
NORMAL - whosyourdaddy is disabled
HARD - All cheats are disabled*

* I say all cheats but realistically, I haven't made the campaign disable every cheat in Warcraft 3 because some of them are only easter eggs. However, the following cheats will been disabled in Hard mode:
- whosyourdaddy
- greedisgood
- warpten
- thereisnospoon
- iseedeadpeople
- ... and many more!

HOTKEYS

The hotkeys for unit spells, buildings, unit training and upgrades have all been changed based on the QWER compilation. This is to allow easier control over your units and armies.

If you have custom hotkeys set for Warcraft 3, they will replace the preset ones for Malfurion's Quest.

CUSTOM BACKGROUND MUSIC

Malfurion's Quest will now have custom background music play throughout its missions. I have played a lot of custom campaigns over the years, and noticed that they only have one song play constantly throughout the map. However, this campaign will implement background music at a greater level by having several songs play during each map, one after the other. The amount of songs that can be played are unlimited (I can have 8 songs play in random order if I wanted to).

Since this is a feature I haven't done much before, I will only add custom background music to Chapter 4. I will then wait for user feedback before deciding what to do next.

Nice, no more cheating! (^_^ I like it)
By the way, are you gonna update the beta or just finish the Campaign
without updating the Beta?, (just asking)

Level 31
Nice, no more cheating! (^_^ I like it)
By the way, are you gonna update the beta or just finish the Campaign
without updating the Beta?, (just asking)

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be any point of updating the Demo version. As I continue to make Malfurion's Quest, the already existing maps get continuously updated.

Perhaps I might consider it latter on during development. However, if I do, people would expect more maps to be included in the Demo ;)

Level 31
Time for another update :)

Here are a few gameplay screenshots from Chapter 4 Part 1 of the Highborne storyline:

183891-albums7057-picture88758.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture88760.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture88761.jpg

Level 12
Hey Turnro how about to change Malfurion Force of Nature ability (in the sentinel story ) with Gardians of the Forests (an ability who use trees in an area to create 2-3 mini forest golems ). What you think ?

Level 12
I saw something strange in the third picture , this is the highborne storyline , but Malfurion control the sentinels . That strange.

Level 31
Hey Turnro how about to change Malfurion Force of Nature ability (in the sentinel story ) with Gardians of the Forests (an ability who use trees in an area to create 2-3 mini forest golems ). What you think ?

Thanks for the suggestion kakuzu, but I don't see how Guardians of the Forest is in any way advantageous over Force of Nature.

I saw something strange in the third picture , this is the highborne storyline , but Malfurion control the sentinels . That strange.

The chapter will make more sense once you know the story ;)

Level 12
I choose Guardians of the Forest because it will be the difference between Furion and Malfurion ( Furion Force of Nature and Malfurion Guardians of the Forest ) , somekind of upgrade .