• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 31
Is there any demo for Highbourne's chapter 4?

Not for the time being. At the moment, I'm keeping all the new maps until the initial version of the campaign is completed.

Suggested Tyrande Spell Set

Q - Starfall
Calls down stars upon the target area. Enemies hit take 60/100/140 damage and are marked with Starlight, revealing them for 6 seconds and slowing them by 40% (decays over the duration).

W - Searing Arrows
Deals 10/20/30 damage to the next target. When hitting a target with Starlight, 10/15/20 damage is additionally dealt over 3 seconds.

E - Trueshot Aura (Same)

R - Moonstorm
Nearby allies gain 50% attack speed and 15% movement for 7 seconds.

Yes, most of your suggestions do seem the way to go. The only change to this I would make is renaming Starfall to Moonfire (or something similar). I'll play around with these spells and see how they go.

Level 2
Do you have any idea when you will finish the campaign? I am a big fan of you campaigns and I am really looking forward to this one. Keep up the good work!

Level 31
Do you have any idea when you will finish the campaign? I am a big fan of you campaigns and I am really looking forward to this one. Keep up the good work!

Unfortunately not :( The campaign still has a while to go, and it is difficult for me to estimate an exact time when it will be done by.

Once more work on Malfurion's Quest has been done, I will have a clearer idea on when the campaign will be released.

Level 2
Unfortunately not :( The campaign still has a while to go, and it is difficult for me to estimate an exact time when it will be done by.

Once more work on Malfurion's Quest has been done, I will have a clearer idea on when the campaign will be released.

Okay, thank you for the reply.

Level 12
Well maybe the progres of Malfurion Quest is a bit slow but is more important that Turnro work on it

Level 31
Hey guys!

Development of Chapter 4 of the Sentinel storyline has been running smoothly. Although there are no new screenshots for this post, I will be releasing some over the weekend so stay tuned ;)

Firstly, I have implemented most of Mythic's suggestions for Tyrande's spells into Malfurion's Quest, and they work as expected. The only spell I chose not to give to her in the end was Moonstorm, since the ability didn't appeal to me.

Next, I would like to share with you guys my current schedule for what I plan to do over the next couple of months. While I continue towards the completion of Malfurion's Quest, there are a few other projects and things that I will be doing as well.

Firstly, I am working to complete Malfurion's Quest Chapter 4 "Spread of the Corruption" by 23rd November. Its proceeding interlude, "Fear of the Prophecy", will be finished shortly afterwards.

Once these two maps are done, I will take a short break to update The Adventures of Rowan the Wise. The main motivations behind this update will be to fix some major bugs and improve the gameplay of the campaign overall. If you guys have played The Adventures of Rowan the Wise and have any feedback you wish to give me, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Finally, I have the series of custom multi-player maps I wish to embark in within the near future. This is exciting for me since I have never made a true multi-player map before. More information about these maps and what they have to offer will be revealed soon.

Level 15
Honestly I am not that much keen about that multiplayer thing. You are just spreading yourself on too man things... But it is your choice.

Level 1
i palyed all of them(in 1 day) both storylines. i found the highborne more intresting since to my opinion' they might go mana well hunting as gor nighe elf' i dont qiite understand it(oh and hat annoying dyrad' shes too annoying funning around)

Level 31
Hey guys!

Here are some more screenshots from Chapter 4 of the Sentinel storyline. More screenshots can be found on the actual forum:

183891-albums7057-picture92187.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture92190.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture92185.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture92188.jpg

While I was not able to finish this map as early as I would have liked, it is nearing its initial completion. Stay tuned for more news and screenshots this coming week.

Level 31
Hey guys!

The initial version of Chapter 4 for the Sentinel storyline is done! Here are some more screenshots of this new chapter:

183891-albums7057-picture92334.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture92333.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture92335.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture92336.jpg

The next map to make is the interlude "Fear of the Prophecy" from the Sentinel storyline. This map is expected to not take that long to make. In short, the next set of maps I will make are (in order):

- Interlude: Fear of the Prophecy (Sentinel)
- Chapter 4 Part 2: Temple of the Moon (Highborne)
- Interlude (Highborne, has no name yet)
- Chapter 5: The Search for Cenarius (Sentinel)

In other news, I have decided to put off going ahead with my multiplayer map idea for now. While it is something I would like to do, I realized that I do not have the time to embark on another project with Malfurion's Quest still in the works and life in general. This is not to say that the idea is abandoned, but simply put off for the time being.

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
Turnro said:
There will be shortly. I am currently working on an interlude for the Sentinel storyline, but I will have more news once that has been done.
Ohh, Goody.

Good Luck again, Turnro. :)

Level 31
Any new version of your campaign

It depends which campaign you are referring to.

If you are referring to Malfurion's Quest, that campaign will not be updated for a while. I intend to get more of the campaign done before doing so.

However, I am currently updating The Adventures of Rowan the Wise, which will be uploaded within the next couple of weeks or so. I know you have been waiting for this one ;)

Level 6
No worries, Shatterfury. The new items available in Normal version may not be the same as Hard, but they will be new nonetheless.
Aaaah, niiice.

You have items that are scaled for each difficulty.

If I remember well your Horde campaign seemed quite hard, I remember the last mission being too hard to do without cheats, for me at least.

Cheers mate.

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
Hey guys!

For those of you who are waiting to play the new version of The Adventures of Rowan the Wise, I am postponing its release date by a couple of days. The campaign will now be available to download on the 18th January.
Almost done, Turnro, I cant wait.

Level 12
Hey guys!

For those of you who are waiting to play the new version of The Adventures of Rowan the Wise, I am postponing its release date by a couple of days. The campaign will now be available to download on the 18th January.
Great Turnro !

Level 31
Hey guys!

The 18th January has come, and the new version of The Adventures of Rowan the Wise is now available to download!

The Adventures of Rowan the Wise

A common question I have been asked is whether or not I will be updating my other campaigns Jeopardy for the Horde and Resurrection of the Scourge. While I do have plans to update these campaigns, I have no intention on doing so right now.

I will now continue to make Malfurion's Quest. Stay tuned for more news and announcements :)