• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 31
Hey guys!
I am back to making Malfurion's Quest, and have completed a new Interlude for the Sentinel storyline called "Fear of the Prophecy".

183891-albums7057-picture94199.jpg

The next map I am working on is Chapter 4 Part 2 of the Highborne storyline called "Temple of the Moon". Some screenshots, as well as news of my progression, will come soon.

Level 11
Turnro, maybe you could put as boss fights some characters from "Ressurection of the Scourge" - for example Varimathras or Eredon the Illusionist? They are also sided with Kil'Jaeden on attacking Azeroth and both are Kil'jaeden's lieutenants. Or you might put them only as enemy heroes that Malfurion faces through his quest of saving Azeroth. Well, that's one of my suggestions :)

Level 31
Turnro, maybe you could put as boss fights some characters from "Ressurection of the Scourge" - for example Varimathras or Eredon the Illusionist?

I guess only time will tell ;)

In other news, I have some more screenshots for the current map I am making:

183891-albums7057-picture95354.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture95355.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture95356.jpg

As I continue to make Malfurion's Quest, I am always open for feedback and suggestions for making this campaign better. In general, is there anything you would like to see incorporated into Malfurion's Quest?

Level 11
Those looks awesome! Looking foward for this one.

Is there anything you would like to see incorporated into Malfurion's Quest?

What about other factions? I mean, sure, this is a night elven and highborne perspective, but its hard for me to believe that all the humans and orcs died during RotS. Maybe some minor forces that are now working togheter to stop the Legion. Idk.

Level 8
Maybe the humans and orcs send by Thrall and Rowan to fight the Legion?Idk if working together or not, but if i remember a Druid of the Talon in one of the chapters spoke that Tyrande were fighting orcs in Kalimdor so they could make a minor pressence from there :p

Level 5
This is sooo amazing Campaign. And I am looking forward to play it As fast as possible :). Welldone Turnro

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I'd advice against adding Orcs and Humans.
Let the Night Elves (and, especially, Highborne since they're too arrogant) do that with their own allies instead of copying the Reign of Chaos ending. Also, the Orcs got crippled by the Undead and most of the Human armies have been destroyed by Araj's spell, as far as I got it. They even lack the troops to help out, I think.
It's up to Turnro, of course.

Personally, I'd like to see some more Dreadlords - as enemies of course - like Anetheron and Mephistroph. Perhaps being behind wicked corruptions/manipulations or something.

Level 8
The Satyr and other Pit Lords, Dreadlords and even could be Demon Lords :p
So that way can be "The undead forces" and a custom race of demons as enemy, what do you think?Turnro will have to decide for himself.

Level 31
about other factions? I mean, sure, this is a night elven and highborne perspective, but its hard for me to believe that all the humans and orcs died during RotS. Maybe some minor forces that are now working togheter to stop the Legion. Idk.

While not all the orcs and humans died in my previous campaigns, it would not make sense for them to make much of an appearance in Malfurion's Quest.

The Satyr and other Pit Lords, Dreadlords and even could be Demon Lords :p
So that way can be "The undead forces" and a custom race of demons as enemy, what do you think?

Probably not the undead as much, but you will be happy to know that I intend to explore many different demon characters in Malfurion's Quest.

So far, it sounds like what everyone wants to see is a good story. While the campaign will feature many new characters as the story progresses, is there any gameplay changes you would like to see?

Level 12
Hey Turnro , how about to make something like , you make a quest where you have to find a item or a relic and if you find it you Malfurion will gain a summoned beast as a permanent item or a permanent spell .

Level 11
Hey Turnro , how about to make something like , you make a quest where you have to find a item or a relic and if you find it you Malfurion will gain a summoned beast as a permanent item or a permanent spell .

Sounds good, but what if the player fails to find the item? In my opinion, it would have been better for that to be a side quest instead of a main quest, since Malfurion will need a lot of strength to defeat Kil'Jaeden on his quest to save the realm from total annihilation :)

Level 12
Sounds good, but what if the player fails to find the item? In my opinion, it would have been better for that to be a side quest instead of a main quest, since Malfurion will need a lot of strength to defeat Kil'Jaeden on his quest to save the realm from total annihilation :)
Well yes , as a side quest

Level 31

Yes, a powerful item from a side quest does sound like something worthwhile to include.

As for an update, I have finished Chapter 4 Part 2 of the Highborne storyline. Usually I display some screenshots, but I do not wish to spoil the story for you guys ;)

The next map I will make will be an Interlude for the Highborne storyline. This map is expected not to take long to make, in which I will then proceed with Chapter 5 of the Sentinel storyline.

Level 4
As for an update, I have finished Chapter 4 Part 2 of the Highborne storyline. Usually I display some screenshots, but I do not wish to spoil the story for you guys ;)
It's fine for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The next map I will make will be an Interlude for the Highborne storyline. This map is expected not to take long to make, in which I will then proceed with Chapter 5 of the Sentinel storyline.
Yehey! I can't wait to play this.

Level 31
Hey guys!

I have just completed a new map for the Highborne storyline. An interlude to be exact ;)

183891-albums7057-picture95829.jpg

After finishing this map, I was originally going to proceed in making Chapter 5 of the Sentinel storyline. However, a few ideas also come to mind:

- I may spend a couple of weeks going over the maps I have already made and update them. Since updating The Adventures of Rowan the Wise, I have learned a few more ways to improve the quality of my maps.
- I remember a lot of you saying that you would like to see some lore behind the main characters of the Burning Legion that will appear in Malfurion's Quest. As a result, I am heavily considering adding an additional map into the campaign. This interlude will take place after the second chapter, and will introduce you to some of the main demon characters.

Regardless which task I start first, I am excited to continue working on Malfurion's Quest.

Last edited:
Level 31
Hey guys!

As I have mentioned before, I am currently making an interlude that will introduce you to the demon characters of Malfurion's Quest. As such, I have updated the forum's description to include descriptions of some of the main Burning Legion characters. More characters will also be added as development goes on.

This interlude will also play different scenes depending on the choice you make at the end of the second chapter. However, which scenes you will see I will leave for you to find out for yourselves ;)

In addition, I have been thinking about a new logo for Malfurion's Quest. What do you all think of it, and do you think it is better than the logo I currently use?

183891-albums7057-picture96367.png

Level 11
I think the new one is much better, the old one looks like it's from the 90s.

I found something interesting in Kazzak's paragraph, it says "He wields the Warblade of Archimonde, in memory of the fallen demonlord.", which is strange, we never saw Archimonde in your campaigns, is he even in that timeline?, is he dead?, strange indeed.