1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Turnro, Mar 12, 2014.

1. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, having cheats at your disposal at all times really ruins the challenge, because you don't really care while taking risks and simply lay back, because there's a cheat code to insure victory. But when you have to maybe replay a few times, try different strategies, that's all worth it. :)

2. Darxy

Darxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't really care about other cheats but you should definitely leave out "allyourbasearebelongtous" because it would be a pain to redo all the missions once you download the campaign with new maps.

3. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This cheat doesn't work in any custom campaign. He'd have to make an extra trigger for that. Might be a good idea however.

4. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    He will only upload the finished version, so there's really no need for such a cheat. Besides, if he did that, the balance would be impossible

5. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Turnro , dont ban using cheat , for me is not so important but not everybody are pro and some people may hate you , and maybe some people use cheat for fun . If want to ban cheats you maybe try this : easy mode (al cheats allowed ) normal mode ( all cheats except whosyourdaddy ) and hard mode ( no cheats , only strategy )

6. Yuefang

Yuefang

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree , if they want to play a challenge they must play it without cheats , that's adds more fun at least for me , if people don't like you because you disable cheats then they are a typical of those ....well i will say "conceited" that says "I can defeat every challenge no matter what it haves" and when you see how play that person he used every time "Warpten" or "thereisnospoon" or whosyourdaddy to defeat the opponent.

7. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can't wait to try this out ! =)

8. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, perhaps this is the best way to go about disabling cheats :)

9. vinh834

vinh834

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then you are free to play without cheats. Others, however, have their own choice if they want to. You cannot disallow someone to play the game their way simply because YOU, don't like the way they play.

10. Yuefang

Yuefang

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't say that i will disallow , i say that i agree if he wants to disable the cheats.
    Besides , the modes of play that kakuzu said are good.

EDIT:Also maybe "allyourbasearebelongtous" be disabled in Normal as well?:p

11. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am glad you like it my idea , and maybe in hard version you can allow one cheat iseedeadpeople , it doesnt change the gameplay . What you think ?

12. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    At the moment, I've been looking at all the cheats available to use in the game. Although I would like to disable them all in Hard difficulty, there is no possible way to detect them all with the World Editor.

So to answer your question, there will be a couple of cheats that you will still be able to use because it would be impractical to disable them. However, "iseedeadpeople" is a cheat that will be disabled since it ruins exploration on the player's behalf. This cheat also allows easy defending during base building missions (having full vision of the map against other players surprisingly gives you quite an unfair advantage).

13. Yrk

Yrk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi Turnro ,

What progress are you by now ? :)

14. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  15. Krotos

Krotos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I played it back in July/August so it's the most current version unless you updated it since then.

16. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You are right, this bug was a problem. I just didn't notice it the first time lol

I have looked into it and fixed the problem. Arcane Explosion will work as it should in the final version of Malfurion's Quest.

17. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
  18. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can't wait for this., Anyways goodluck.

19. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Turnro, Illidan will be playable ? How about Ysera ?

20. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I just remembered that I played a late chapter of this campaign a long time ago. Very long. It was all about fighting Illidan and Highborne and was Chapter Seven, I think. Will this mission be included in the final version or was it simply a test chapter?