• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 31
Wow! It's amazing Turnro, good work! :)
Pretty good considering that you integrated a wow model in there.

Thanks guys :)

Turnro, the houses don't fit together. It's not a major issue, but I'd suggest you request a custom made texture for the night elf fish houses. Something closer to the WoW one there(more pale, and less sharp).

I'll look into it. Changing the skins isn't a bad idea, considering they look vastly different from the WOW-like buildings.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Well, for me it would be wise to complete the campaign first and let the surprises be unveiled when playing the full version. That's me, others may prefer demos. Anyway looking forward to the complete version Turno :)

Totally agreed.
I really like this campaign - as the rest of the series. You're doing a great job, Turnro. No doubt 'bout that. ;)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

So you decided on the voiceover yet? Good voiceover adds so much to any campaign it's almost criminal

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Edit: Ehehehe, just kidding

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 31
Over the last couple of weeks, I have decided to add a new feature to Malfurion's Quest. For now, I'll describe it as giving the player choices to make throughout the story.

While playing the future chapters of Malfurion's Quest, you will be faced with additional choices that will ultimately affect what happens in the story for the short-term.

183891-albums7057-picture86828.jpg

While these choices won't be as big as the choice in Chapter 2, the story will slightly change depending on your decision. In addition, these choices can also affect the items and Heroes you can find throughout the campaign.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I've said it before to Turnro, I'd rather have it without voices. So I'm happy while you guys are sad! ^_^
Because voice acting by non Triple A producer such as Blizzard has greater chance of sucking that being good? In that light me too.

Level 7
I dont like to try random maps but i know that your map is one of those few awesome maps. Hope u release it soon.

Level 3
I am not sure if you were informed, but in the demo version of the campaign Malfurion's Arcane Explosion spell doesn't seem to work. It appears to deal no damage. Am I missing something about it?

Yes. the same thing to me. it didnt work for me. please fix it

Edit: im playing highbourne because i like arcane magics than nature powers or druidism. :)

Level 4
Hi Krotos,

When did you play the Demo? I have encountered this bug before, but I thought I fixed it.

Either way, I'll look into this issue.

It was the 3rd time I activated the spell and I was in the middle of enemy highbourne units. It dealt no damage to anyone.

Also, Chapter 2 is actually named differently here on forums and in game (Chapter 2 - Trail of the Betrayer & Chapter 2 - The Defiled Fountain)

Level 31
Hello everyone! This is just a quick post to inform you of my progress of Malfurion's Quest.

Firstly, Chapter 4 Part 1 of the Highborne storyline is well on its way to having its initial version completed (which I am aiming to have done by 31st August). Once done, I will immediately start on making Chapter 4 of the Sentinel storyline.

Please note that once I have completed this map, I will not be uploading it to download from the forum.

In addition, I am currently considering if in-game cheats should be disabled for Malfurion's Quest (by making the player lose if they use a common cheat like "whosyourdaddy"). Feel free to let me know what you think about this idea, and whether or not it is something that you would like/ not like to see in the campaign.