• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 1
Hello, Im sorry if this is a stupid question but I cant find an answer anywhere for it.
Im excited to the new Update now and the new chapter but im asking me how do I even continue? I played the older version of the campaign and now there´s the new one but those are 2 different files, when I select the old one, of course I got my save and such till the last chapter done to that part and when I select the new one it wants me to begin at chapter 1 again /= is there a way how I can just continue?

Level 31
Hello, Im sorry if this is a stupid question but I cant find an answer anywhere for it.
Im excited to the new Update now and the new chapter but im asking me how do I even continue? I played the older version of the campaign and now there´s the new one but those are 2 different files, when I select the old one, of course I got my save and such till the last chapter done to that part and when I select the new one it wants me to begin at chapter 1 again /= is there a way how I can just continue?

View answer here

Level 31
Hey guys! I have just released a minor patch for Malfurion's Quest. It includes bug fixes and a new model for Tyrande:

183891-albums7057-picture105219.jpg

At the moment, I am making an Interlude titled 'The Legion's Return' for the Sentinel story. Some screenshots of this new map will be available soon.

Level 3
hi Turnro, how long since the last time we talked?. xD

it is normal that in Chapter 5 when I am completing optional missions that gives us jarod and league murderers, in the other two maps across the line where I came back, I come back to the main menu?.

greetings from Venezuela! and please continue working in this great campaign.!

Level 5
Hi, Turnro. What a big hang cliff you made. I just can't wait till the next update.

the dreamlord campaigns were the number one for me before I played your saga. great work.

Highborne - woahh. I wonder what will you do in the next chapter. I think Furion fullfiled the prophecy, a night elf or a demons standing victorius at the world tree after a great battle. It is possible refering to this event?

Tyrande can't end that way. It is so sad that Furion killed her. She must have survived somehow.

Sentinel - What a long map. It took me 3 hours to complete it. I did everything, even I clear the two ways (the ship and the zepelin) to get to the cave hehe.

Consider to make the assassins stronger, they die easily.

I just love Faradrella. What a character. It was funny when she broke that rock "Oops" XDDD. And you respected that Shalasyr was Jarod beloved like in Wolfheart novel. Great.

Now I wonder, in the highborne story Furion gets to the world tree to stop the legion, but in the sentinel story he is busy searching Cenarius, so, although Gardal, Rend and Maim are dead, there is only Velinde left to stop the legion forces. Furion don't close the portal. And thought the land don't explode, the legion will come in the chapter.

And I also wonder what is doing Kath'ranis in the Sentinel story and where the hell is Illidan in both.

And I didn't use cheats. I'm so proud of myself.

I'm just dying to play more chapters. I know it takes time but, make haste, please.

Level 31
hi Turnro, how long since the last time we talked?. xD

it is normal that in Chapter 5 when I am completing optional missions that gives us jarod and league murderers, in the other two maps across the line where I came back, I come back to the main menu?.

greetings from Venezuela! and please continue working in this great campaign.!

I believe it was only last year ;)

No, it is not normal to be going back to the main menu when returning from the optional maps. Fortunately, I know what is causing the problem.

Go to your Warcraft 3 directory and rename the Malfurion's Quest campaign file to something short (such as "mq"). Then reply that chapter and see if the problem still persists.

Please note that when you rename the campaign file, your save in the game might be reset. If this happens, click here to skip ahead to Chapter 5 and unlock your save progress.

Hi, Turnro. What a big hang cliff you made. I just can't wait till the next update.

the dreamlord campaigns were the number one for me before I played your saga. great work.

Highborne - woahh. I wonder what will you do in the next chapter. I think Furion fullfiled the prophecy, a night elf or a demons standing victorius at the world tree after a great battle. It is possible refering to this event?

Tyrande can't end that way. It is so sad that Furion killed her. She must have survived somehow.

Sentinel - What a long map. It took me 3 hours to complete it. I did everything, even I clear the two ways (the ship and the zepelin) to get to the cave hehe.

Consider to make the assassins stronger, they die easily.

I just love Faradrella. What a character. It was funny when she broke that rock "Oops" XDDD. And you respected that Shalasyr was Jarod beloved like in Wolfheart novel. Great.

Now I wonder, in the highborne story Furion gets to the world tree to stop the legion, but in the sentinel story he is busy searching Cenarius, so, although Gardal, Rend and Maim are dead, there is only Velinde left to stop the legion forces. Furion don't close the portal. And thought the land don't explode, the legion will come in the chapter.

And I also wonder what is doing Kath'ranis in the Sentinel story and where the hell is Illidan in both.

And I didn't use cheats. I'm so proud of myself.

I'm just dying to play more chapters. I know it takes time but, make haste, please.

Glad to hear you are enjoying Malfurion's Quest, ogrim :) I'll see what I can do to hasten the campaign's development.

Level 27
Played Sentinel version with the ugly as duck... Tyrande T_T, in Glaslowe's store there is one of the icons that is green when you pause the game over the store, the potion in the 3-0 position.

For Jarrod, another hero and a meatshield with the Inmolation and the Def items is a good adition, but i found his ofensive skills a bit boring, his buff are awesome to have even late the campaign.

Illidan AI sometimes gets frozen in the Chase.

About the mission the chase. Sentinel version compared with Highborne it's more dificult, the only way to really pass the mission is with the Furbolgs at your side and doing a very costly attack to the main base. The golem item is a great aid to the last push, but compared to the book of spiders fall a bit short in the long run.

And the Highborne altar must be running on Jet fuel, I kill the two heros on their entrance towers, and when i reach the Castle, the altar is puking them ; )

Level 5
This is the 'End the Chase' mission, right?

Yes it is... took me atleast 3 tries(some chips and a book on anger management) to finally finish it... I would suggest you lower the cost of TP(350 is just painful) and a another goldmine other than the one in the 2nd Highborne base D:

P.S to those on Chapter 3:
A tip: in Sentinel Chapter 3 (the Skirmish part) I would suggest that you bring TP everytime you go on attacking the corrupted furbolg base and have atleast 3 or 4 Glaive Throwers with you cause evrytime Illidan attacks it's like a whole army :ogre_frown:

Level 31
Yes it is... took me atleast 3 tries(some chips and a book on anger management) to finally finish it... I would suggest you lower the cost of TP(350 is just painful) and a another goldmine other than the one in the 2nd Highborne base D:

P.S to those on Chapter 3:
A tip: in Sentinel Chapter 3 (the Skirmish part) I would suggest that you bring TP everytime you go on attacking the corrupted furbolg base and have atleast 3 or 4 Glaive Throwers with you cause evrytime Illidan attacks it's like a whole army :ogre_frown:

Ok. I'll reduce the difficulty of that chapter in a later update.

Level 2
I think the difficulty is acceptable when I choose The "middle" level.On Sentinel Chapter 3,attack Illidan first is a better choice instead of assisting the furbolg,because you do not need TP in this way.

Kill Illidan and his army one time,then attack the base with your army and 4-5 BP,you can complete this mission easily.Comparing to Chapter 3,Chapter 5 is tough.

Thank you Turnro for creating such an epic campaign.It is the best one I`ve ever played.

Level 27
Well, i'm playing on hard and planning to do an insane run next. Ending the chase will be a truly experience xD

If you watch how are the chips is reduced to this Highborne army can take ungodly amounts of punishment, the anti magic shell, and the mana shield, while the NE equivalents are inferior.

So your best trick is using glaives and huntress to deal with highborne, mass driads to deal with the furbolgs and keep your bears alive at any cost. Wait to 6 for the driad and the rest is an exercise of save-reload.

Level 2
Oh actually I played on hard.The difficulty should be "Medium,Hard,Insane."

Yeah,my army came across everything you mention and I failed 2 times at the beginning,
however,if you let the 4-5 ancient protectors (BP,the towers) join you,you can handle the Highborne.

Errrrr,I never pay attention to the furbolgs if they are dead or not.I remember that they can protect themselves for a long time,even though the head of furbolgs died at the very beginning.Ancient protectors and glaives are the core in my army.I produced 6+ glaives.

Towers helped my army to kill Illidan before the general attack,then I let the towers stand and walk with my army.I killed Illidan one more time when the whole army moved to the entrance of the base and then the story was a genocide.Before I destroyed the base,I sent the army to help the furbolgs.

My first language is not English so maybe I can`t have you understood……

Level 5
we have different strategies lol I just take care furbolgs first and have my glaive throwers target towers and furbolg buildings and when Illidan attacks I just TP and stuff I just repeated it and took me awhile but I managed... and I also saved that staff of negation so my dryads can save mana :p

Level 4
Hello there Turnro, I created an account on the hive because i just wanted to say thanks for a great campaign series. And every single one of them changed my style of playing warcraft 3. However i do want to ask you about the leadership of the Legion. In your undead campaign forums i saw someone (i think it was you but not sure) write that the powers of Kiljaeden follows that of the original lore, if that is the case then why did he let Azgalor be the leader instead of just forcing the entire Legion to his will????

Level 2
Hello there Turnro, I created an account on the hive because i just wanted to say thanks for a great campaign series. And every single one of them changed my style of playing warcraft 3. However i do want to ask you about the leadership of the Legion. In your undead campaign forums i saw someone (i think it was you but not sure) write that the powers of Kiljaeden follows that of the original lore, if that is the case then why did he let Azgalor be the leader instead of just forcing the entire Legion to his will????

The leadership of the Burning Legion is decided in a democratic manner, where a demon from each faction (such as Nathrezim) was chosen as candidates, and every demon is to participate in the voting. When Kil'jaeden, Azgalor and Tichondrius were the shortlisted candidates, Azgalor won the most votes, which cause Kil'jaeden to call for a revote, but this was rejected. He probably had no choice because it is the Legion's tradition where the candidate with the most votes gets to be the leader, regardless of his power. (see the interlude between Chapters 8 and 9 of the Undead campaign)

Level 4
The leadership of the Burning Legion is decided in a democratic manner, where a demon from each faction (such as Nathrezim) was chosen as candidates, and every demon is to participate in the voting. When Kil'jaeden, Azgalor and Tichondrius were the shortlisted candidates, Azgalor won the most votes, which cause Kil'jaeden to call for a revote, but this was rejected. He probably had no choice because it is the Legion's tradition where the candidate with the most votes gets to be the leader, regardless of his power. (see the interlude between Chapters 8 and 9 of the Undead campaign)

I saw that interlude already but its really confusing because i always thought that the most powerful would always lead the Legion and the leader might be afraid that his subordinate would just kill him in front of all the demons and they would be forced to do the subordinate's will. But anyway a good part in the story and most interesting. :)

Level 5
I saw that interlude already but its really confusing because i always thought that the most powerful would always lead the Legion and the leader might be afraid that his subordinate would just kill him in front of all the demons and they would be forced to do the subordinate's will. But anyway a good part in the story and most interesting. :)

Ehehehehhe... Let's not forget that this is an altenate storyline which Turnro created :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 4
Hello everyone. I found something in chapter 5 Highborne but I'm not sure if it is a bug or not. In the part where we have to chase Gardal Maim and Rend, Gardal will sometimes stay behind and attack my forces and i dont know what i did it just suddenly happened. Is this intentional or a bug??? BTW Turnro do u have any news about the next chapters???

Level 31
Hello everyone. I found something in chapter 5 Highborne but I'm not sure if it is a bug or not. In the part where we have to chase Gardal Maim and Rend, Gardal will sometimes stay behind and attack my forces and i dont know what i did it just suddenly happened. Is this intentional or a bug??? BTW Turnro do u have any news about the next chapters???

This is an interesting bug. I'll look into it.

P.S. Some news will come soon once I have finished the interlude I am currently working on.

Level 14
I give up.

I can't find the last key piece for the cache in the temple of the Moon level.
I dont know if I broke a trigger or what.

Solved
Jesus christ Turnmo you're an ass. Took me 5 hours to find your crate.

Just played through all 4 of you're campaigns on hard. Absolutely Superb. 5/5
Would of Done Insane for Malfurion's Quest but I absolutely will not play without iseedeadpeople but oh well.

Your Rowan campaign which was the first I started with is the only campaign ever to make me rage and shake my monitor unit production for enemies is on steroids so while your attacking %#&@!!!!!! Until I noticed oh he has archers and ghouls with like 60+ attack. So I turned it up got aggressive and force stomped their bases into submission going straight for production buildings while army did what they could.

I can not wait for more of Malfs quest. You're Azshara map was an absolute masterpiece one of the best maps I've ever seen in any campaign ever not even considering the 2 subregion maps attached to it.

I hope you have a wonderful time finishing your series I truly was overjoyed playing them. My favorite series since forever has been Wanderers of Sorceria. This is on par with it for the most part.

Last edited:
Level 24
Your Rowan campaign which was the first I started with is the only campaign ever to make me rage and shake my monitor unit production for enemies is on steroids so while your attacking %#&@!!!!!! Until I noticed oh he has archers and ghouls with like 60+ attack. So I turned it up got aggressive and force stomped their bases into submission going straight for production buildings while army did what they could.

Oh hey, we got the same tactics :D
Definitely target those annoying production buildings.

------
Did you know fact:
Enemies...
Farm-type structures give 15 Food
Production-type give 50 food
and Town Hall-type give 90/100 food
(Another annoying part, the enemy doesn't ran out of food)

Still awaiting your next update Turnro :)

Level 4
if you are using malfurion, use the highmistress invisibility spell and the wall wont appear. If you are using Kathranis, use Malfurion to kill some creeps that will drop some invisibility potion and leave it there and have kathranis pick it up.

Level 5
good campaign :thumbs_up: i had to use some cheats to complete some maps, but i've played and enjoyed all from them :goblin_good_job:

Level 1
Might be a bug

hey i download your campaign the other day and i got too the in search for cenarius after i finished that it just kicked me out and went to the main menu i look into the list for it and thats alli see....solution or reason this happen please help

Level 4
hey i download your campaign the other day and i got too the in search for cenarius after i finished that it just kicked me out and went to the main menu i look into the list for it and thats alli see....solution or reason this happen please help

It is not a bug. That happens because the campaign is not finished yet.

Level 31
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've posted any news, so here we go :)

The current map I'm working on in Malfurion's Quest is about 75% done. It is title "The Legion's Return", which takes place after Chapter 5 of the Sentinel story line.

183891-albums7057-picture106736.jpg

In addition, I have also been working on Jeopardy for the Horde. To date, this campaign will receive many of the updates The Adventures of Rowan the Wise did, which includes:
- An overall polish
- Hotkeys changed to QWER
- New background music
- New items, including powerful legendaries

Below is the list of the legendary items that will be brought out in the next update of Jeopardy for the Horde. What do you guys think of them?

183891-albums3097-picture106742.jpg
Lordaeron Grand Battlesword
Increases the attack damage of the Hero by 10 when worn. Attacks also have a 20% chance to deal 2 times their normal damage.
183891-albums3097-picture106740.jpg
Goldfeathered Staff
Increases the mana capacity of the Hero by 150 and Intelligence by 6 when carried.
183891-albums3097-picture106746.jpg
Thorns Armor
Increases the Hero's armor by 5. Also gives nearby friendly units a damage shield, which deals 10% of an enemy unit's attack damage back to it.
183891-albums3097-picture106737.jpg
Crown of Fallen Kings
Increases the Strength of the Hero by 10 when worn. Also causes attacks against the wearer to miss 15% of the time.
183891-albums3097-picture106738.jpg
Demon Cleaver
Increases the attack damage of the Hero by 15 when carried. Also grants friendly nearby melee units life stealing attacks which take 15% of the damage they deal and convert it into life.
183891-albums3097-picture106744.jpg
Stonemaul Bonecrusher
Increases the attack damage of the Hero by 15 when worn. Also gives a 15% chance to stun the enemy.
183891-albums3097-picture106745.jpg
Storm Boots
Increases the Hero's Agility by 12 when worn. Also engulfs the Hero in a shield of lightning, which deals 10 damage per second to nearby enemy land units.
183891-albums3097-picture106739.jpg
Gem of Rejuvenation
Increases the Hero's hit point regeneration by 5 hit points per second. Also reduces Magic damage dealt to the Hero by 33%.
183891-albums3097-picture106741.jpg
Granite Necklace
Increases the hit points of the Hero by 300 and mana by 250 when worn.
183891-albums3097-picture106743.jpg
Ring of the Elder Moon
Increases the Hero's armor by 10 and Strength, Intelligence, and Agility of the Hero by 5 when worn.

Keep in mind that the items at the top of the list can be acquired in the earlier chapters and are supposed to be weaker than the items found later on in the campaign.

Level 4
Nice. I kept checking this page everyday to see if there is any news hahaha. Is the Legion's Return map an interlude or not??? Cool legendary items I like it, cant wait to play it.

Turnro, the golem in the Highborne techtree, can you transfer it to another building because it is a little irritating to have to wait for a few minutes when upgrading the Violet Sanctuary before I can train the golem again??