• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 2
Thank you very much~In the new version of Jeopardy for the Horde, we can only get the legendary items on the crazy level,right?I cant wait to play it.

Level 11
Whoa! The level of excitement about this campaign is getting higher and higher as the time passes by. Can't wait to play the full campaign... And those items for Jeopardy for the Horde are just awesome!

Level 31
Nice. I kept checking this page everyday to see if there is any news hahaha. Is the Legion's Return map an interlude or not??? Cool legendary items I like it, cant wait to play it.

Turnro, the golem in the Highborne techtree, can you transfer it to another building because it is a little irritating to have to wait for a few minutes when upgrading the Violet Sanctuary before I can train the golem again??

The Legion's Return is indeed an interlude :) I'm not sure about moving the golem to another building, though, as it is mainly a resource collecting unit.

Thank you very much~In the new version of Jeopardy for the Horde, we can only get the legendary items on the crazy level,right?I cant wait to play it.

At the moment, yes. Jeopardy for the Horde already has some powerful items you can find, and it didn't feel right replacing them for some other item. Regardless of difficulty, there will be new items.

Level 4
awww ok. Anyway does the Highborne have a melee unit that is more or less as strong as a druid of the claw in bear form?? Because that would really make it more fun to play.

Also I would like to suggest that in your Rowan and Horde campaign, the legendary items should be found in all maps in any difficulty, however if you play on easy the item will be weaker and on hard it would be more powerful or have an additional bonus to the hero.

Level 8
awww ok. Anyway does the Highborne have a melee unit that is more or less as strong as a druid of the claw in bear form?? Because that would really make it more fun to play.

Also I would like to suggest that in your Rowan and Horde campaign, the legendary items should be found in all maps in any difficulty, however if you play on easy the item will be weaker and on hard it would be more powerful or have an additional bonus to the hero.

In Rowan that's applied, for example the staff of Chapter 5 gives an aura of mana regeneration in Normal difficult, but in Hard it gives 250 mana also (I guess that was the correct amount of mana)

Level 8
you can find the legendary items in easy difficulty???

Well in Rowan the Wise there are two difficults, Normal and Hard, in Hard only you can find the legendary items with their "full potential" in Normal they are but in their description there isn't the word "Legendary" you can see that for yourself playing the campaign finding the items in Normal to see the comparation in Hard.

Level 14
Can we please make Varimathras red and Anetheron Orange.

Its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO weird and irking

It's like making Kil'jaeden Green

or make him brown or black if you are worried about the RotS campaign. Then no color dreadlord overlaps will happen. :)

Level 31
Turnro, can you give us an approximate release date of the next update of Malfurion's Quest??

My aim is for the middle of the year, but we'll have to see closer to the time before being definite.

WOW, Just awesome, one question: Does Thrall have any role at this campaign?

There is one scene, which is already in the campaign if you can find it ;)

Level 4
Turnro, will we ever get to use Illidan in the campaign?? Just curious cause he is my favorite Warcraft character. In the highborne story, is the final enemy Cenarius and his minions?? Because i dont think the legion will be able to return without the book of medvih or someone to summon them.

Level 11
Turnro, will we ever get to use Illidan in the campaign?? Just curious cause he is my favorite Warcraft character. In the highborne story, is the final enemy Cenarius and his minions?? Because i dont think the legion will be able to return without the book of medvih or someone to summon them.
They already have the book, right?

Level 5
Hey Turnro... just an idea though... in the Highbourne part... maybe you should ship Illidan(if he shows up) and Tyrande(If she survives) this is just an idea XD and an opinion about those Night Elf Assassins... they're voices do not suit them :p anyways good luck Turnro :) I'm currently awaiting the updated Jeopardy of the Horde... soooo excited XD

Level 31
Hey guys! I've started work on Chapter 6 for the Sentinel story: Cave of Shadows. Here's a couple of new things I'll be adding the the night elf tech-tree:

183891-albums7057-picture107167.jpg
New Unit: JAILOR

This is the final new unit for the Sentinel story line. Jailors are assassin units, adept at disabling single target enemies. To date, they possess the Ensnare and Shadow Strike abilities (which both require researching upgrades before using).
183891-albums7057-picture107166.jpg
FAERIE DRAGON

A familiar unit of the night elf race. To make Faerie Dragons more usable, they will be receiving a couple of changes to their spells:

Phase Shift
183891-albums7057-picture107165.jpg
In addition to avoiding damage, Phase Shift will now allow the Faerie Dragon to recover some of their lost hit points.
Ethereal
183891-albums7057-picture107164.jpg
The new ability of the Faerie Dragon, which allows them to become immune to physical attacks. While Ethereal, Faerie Dragons can still cast spells but can no longer attack.

What do you guys think of these changes? Feel free to post your thoughts in the comments below.

Level 4
Hey guys! I've started work on Chapter 6 for the Sentinel story: Cave of Shadows. Here's a couple of new things I'll be adding the the night elf tech-tree:

This is the final new unit for the Sentinel story line. Jailors are assassin units, adept at disabling single target enemies. To date, they possess the Ensnare and Shadow Strike abilities (which both require researching upgrades before using).
FAERIE DRAGON

A familiar unit of the night elf race. To make Faerie Dragons more usable, they will be receiving a couple of changes to their spells:

Phase Shift
In addition to avoiding damage, Phase Shift will now allow the Faerie Dragon to recover some of their lost hit points.
Ethereal
The new ability of the Faerie Dragon, which allows them to become immune to physical attacks. While Ethereal, Faerie Dragons can still cast spells but can no longer attack.

What do you guys think of these changes? Feel free to post your thoughts in the comments below.

Well, I like the jailor part, and the Faerie Dragon will it have spell immunity or Mana Flare?? If it doesn't then I don't think that it is worth adding since it hardly deals any damage but it's up to you anyway.

Level 3

FAERIE DRAGON

Phase Shift
Ethereal

well thank you for your work. I think the jailor is cool, but as for FAERIE DRAGON, i think Mana Flare is the core ability, if FAERIE DRAGON doesn't have it, it will become useless since nightelven army usually rely more on druid of claws and Dryad.

Level 31
well thank you for your work. I think the jailor is cool, but as for FAERIE DRAGON, i think Mana Flare is the core ability, if FAERIE DRAGON doesn't have it, it will become useless since nightelven army usually rely more on druid of claws and Dryad.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly. The spells I listed for the Faerie Dragon are the changes I'll be making from the original unit. They will still possess Mana Flare and Spell Immunity.

Level 4
Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly. The spells I listed for the Faerie Dragon are the changes I'll be making from the original unit. They will still possess Mana Flare and Spell Immunity.

Nice. At least with the new added abilities I will have an excuse to actually use them. Great job Turnro.

Level 4
Turnro, I think one of the abilities of the Jailor should be replaced since both of the abilities have similar effects, to slow or trap enemy units. Perhaps replacing shadow strike with blink would be nice so the Jailor can easily maneuver to ensnare a target.

Level 3
Hi Turnro

Unfortunatly, I'm way too bad in unit designing to tell anything useful about these changes and new unit.
However, I still can say that I'm eager to play as this new unit. They insert themselves pretty perfectly into the Shadow League, and the model is very coherent with this lore.

I also read some ideas about Illidan in this topic. I'd be glad to share my thoughts about it.
In fact, I think we seen Illidan already enough in the Sentinel storyline. It'd be a joy to see him once again, as an ally or an ennemy, but i think it's not an unavoidable thing to do with the Sentinel storyline.

However, I think making Illidan appear once again in the Highborne storyline is something you cannot dismiss, Turnro. The last thing we saw about him was Furion arrogantly saying that he wasn't a threat anymore ; with that said, Illidan's return is not an option, as he becomes an ally, or most likely remains an enemy.

Well, and about Illidan shipping Tyrande ? To my mind, seriously, why not. After all, Furion became such a cold hearted douche in this storyline that it would almost be credible.
Moreover, Illidan suffered a cruel fate within the WHOLE Warcraft lore. I mean, he did his best to save the world, and even thought he made a wong decision by doing his ... tricks with the magic consuming ... Well i don't really remember everything about this part, but Illidan did only things that he thought was right. And for that, Furion sent him to jail.
Illidan had a crush on Tyrande, but even before he could confess, Tyrande already made her choice on Furion. Really. That guy is probably the most unlucky in the whole Warcraft lore.
I can't even tell about the Guldan's Skull incident and the curse he brought on himself only to defeat Tichondrius. And what's the only thing Furion did to thank him ? Rejecting his brother and telling him never to come back.
And finally, what about Furion's digging in the Highborne, usurping his brother's place, and banishing him once again ? Seriously. I don't really like Illidan, but the facts are obvious : the ENTIRE world is against him.
I didn't even tell about Frozen Throne's ending, where he travels through Azeroth and Northrend to the Icecrown Glacier, fighting with all his will, only to eventually get his ass kicked by some Arthas badass Frostmourne bearer motherf*cker !

I honestly think that Illidan was made a loser and an unlucky fellow for too long. So that's why I'd like to see, someday, some JUSTICE coming onto him.
Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad to see a heart-injured and hardly weakened Tyrande, fighting for survival after Furion's hateful smite, being rescued by Illidan stalking on his brother's plans at the temple of the moon. To this point, maybe Tyrande could revise her judgement about him, and maybe think that even thought his methods are not always good, his intentions are still honorable.
Plus, maybe she could bear a grudge against her fallen love. So coming along with Illidan in an attempt to get revenge on Furion and stopping him from his madness, and even maybe to try and make him back to reason. Or maybe just trying to get ahold of herself and take arms to fight against the legion's probable return, without trying to confront Furion anymore. In fact, there are lots of possibility.
About the Illidan x Tyrande shipping, I think it's a pretty audacious idea. It could be Illidan's ultimate revenge on his wasted life, and the fair reward he deserves for fighting with all his heart so far. And maybe Tyrande could even find in him what Furion lacked in this Highborne timeline. I mean, 10 000 years far from her love, and all she gets is a freakin' Fire blow ?!

Turnro's campaigns are offering us, Warcraft III lovers, an alternative about the storyline that Warcraft could have been. This is, truly, a treasure. And I think there a a whole lot of way of turning it so that the experience about the story can be way different from the original schemes.
So that's why I'm fond of this shipping idea. I'm totally fed up with the "Illidan is a victim" trope, I want to see him finally achieve something. And even if he doesn't save the world from the Legion or Furion's madness, this shipping could grant him great justice about the streak of bad luck that impacted his whole life. That's why I'm supporting this idea.

However, I'd understand if Turnro didn't want of it.
After all, let's remember some things.
- For the whole Warcraft stories, we never had a real love story displayed. Not the beginning of a love story, I mean. Tyrande and Furion were together since 10000 years and even more, and Jaina was separated from Arthas even before the Human campaign started. So even though there were indeed some deep relationship between the characters, the dialogues in-games never really showed anything related to it.
- For playing the 4 campaigns, I think that relationships between characters are not Turnro's favorite interest. Even though I'd be most enjoyed if he really did something about it, I find it very unlikely that he decides to put Tyrande and Illidan together. That's not the point of the campaign. At least it could be an interesting secondary feature/story, alongside the main storyline, but it adds even more work to Turnro who is already crawling under the weight of so much maps remaining to be done.
- I'm pretty sure that Turnro's already have other plans for both Illidan and Tyrande. I'm almost sure that Tyrande is really dead and will never come back. And we're not even sure that Illidan will ever come back in this story ! And even if he comes back, I'm not sure that what Turnro planned is even compatible with Tyrande's presence by his side.

Just imagine that Furion wants to submit Illidan to his will ; if Tyrande is with him, what will happen to her ? Will she just get killed once again, and everything of this would have been done for nothing ? Knowing that Furion just rushes into everyone and lead them to their demise in the Highborne storyline, the probability that Illidan loses to him if they are to encounter once again are incredibly high. And if Illidan loses again, he will lose everything, even Tyrande, the love that he hardly got after all that bad luck.
Seriously, if this is what's going to happen, I'd rather let Tyrande rest in peace and never be saved by Illidan. That ending would be just way too frustrating. Illidan could have finally achieve something in his life, all of this to end like shit. It doesn't even deserves the try.

To sum up, I'd just say that I approve the shipping, but I'm just not sure that it can be useful to anything for Turnro's campaigns. Oh yes, it could be a unique opportunity for him to develop the between-characters relationships, but it has many counter-effects and it really depens on what Turnro planned for his campaigns. I could honestly pray for this to be feasible, because that's probably one of the most beautiful things that I could see in the Highborne campaign, but i don't want to interfere with the modder's plans.

Just do what you want about it, Turnro. I just wanted to explain everything I thought about that idea. Sorry for the long text !

Good luck with the making of the game. I'm still following you and look forward your next release. May the force be with you !

Level 4
You must really be an Illidan fan Luke Hakurei. I know I am too so i would agree with what you are saying. I too am hoping to see Illidan as an ally because he too wants the Legion to be vanquished but I highly doubt this will happen in the Sentinel Story but there is a great chance he will be an ally in the Highborne because Malfurion already betrayed the Elves and that dryad escaped and by now must have already told Cenarius about the betrayal.

Level 3
You must really be an Illidan fan Luke Hakurei.

In fact not really ^^"
I don't dislike Illidan, but I'm not a fan of him whatsoever. In fact, in the canon, my favorite nightelf hero remains to be Tyrande. Furion leaves me quite indifferent.

In fact I'm just fan of the Warcraft lore. And I just think that Illidan's fate in it is quite unfair. Even though I can't really be sympathetic with him, he doesn't deserves all the things that happens to him and should get some kind of revenge. That's why Turnro's stories are the best way for him to finally take advantage on something. ;)

Anyway, I'm still supporting him in this series.

I think i'm the only one who sees that Illidan could be an Ally in Sentinel Storyline.

Not quite. I think it is possible too. ^^
But I'm afraid that Illidan is still too proud of himself to forgive Furion and rally him, even against the legion. That's why I find it less likely than in the Highborne story, where Furion could just submit him to his cause.

Well, with that said, we dont know what Turnro prepared for us :ogre_hurrhurr:

(Sorry for the bad language, I'm french ><)

Last edited:
Level 8
You're right, there's too much missing before the story of both lines it's well settled, shall we make our bets?:p
In other fact, I don't think Illidan would fight alongside the Sentinel for Furion, but maybe for Tyrande, and like Furion said in one dialogue(I think) they will need all the help they can get.

Level 11
In my opinion, I think it would have been great if Illidan would have fought along side with Night Elves, since Malfurion was banished by Night Elven society in the Highborne storyline.
On the other hand, as Luke mentioned, since dryad escaped Malfurion, how could she have warned Cenarius of Malfurion's betrayal when Cenarius is held captive in the Cave of Shadows? (we hope to learn more about Cenarius's captive fate after the new Sentinel maps have been released when their work is complete in a Sentinel storyline)
We should also take into consideration the fact that Velinde Starstrike's forces allied with Malfurion's forces in the 5th chapter of the Highborne campaign to combat the Fel Orcish threat. That also means that Malfurion is officially not the enemy of the Sentinels.

Illidan, on the other hand, escaped Malfurion after his base is destroyed in the end of chapter 3 in both storylines. So, it is highly possible that Illidan will make appearance in later maps as Malfurion's enemy in Highborne storyline. But there is also a chance that both Illidan and Malfurion join forces to combat the Burning Legion, since Legion is their common enemy and the biggest threat to all life in Azeroth.

In Sentinel storyline, there is also a high chance that Illidan and Kath'ranis, along with their Highborne forces, will make appearance in later maps as allies to Malfurion, since the Legion succeed in coming to Azeroth. Maybe they (alongside with other gathered forces) will greatly bolster Sentinel's forces in a final battle against the Burning Legion in Mount Hyjal.

But who knows, I guess time will tell, as Turnro refers. :)

Level 4
In my opinion, I think it would have been great if Illidan would have fought along side with Night Elves, since Malfurion was banished by Night Elven society in the Highborne storyline.
On the other hand, as Luke mentioned, since dryad escaped Malfurion, how could she have warned Cenarius of Malfurion's betrayal when Cenarius is held captive in the Cave of Shadows? (we hope to learn more about Cenarius's captive fate after the new Sentinel maps have been released when their work is complete in a Sentinel storyline)
We should also take into consideration the fact that Velinde Starstrike's forces allied with Malfurion's forces in the 5th chapter of the Highborne campaign to combat the Fel Orcish threat. That also means that Malfurion is officially not the enemy of the Sentinels.

Illidan, on the other hand, escaped Malfurion after his base is destroyed in the end of chapter 3 in both storylines. So, it is highly possible that Illidan will make appearance in later maps as Malfurion's enemy in Highborne storyline. But there is also a chance that both Illidan and Malfurion join forces to combat the Burning Legion, since Legion is their common enemy and the biggest threat to all life in Azeroth.

In Sentinel storyline, there is also a high chance that Illidan and Kath'ranis, along with their Highborne forces, will make appearance in later maps as allies to Malfurion, since the Legion succeed in coming to Azeroth. Maybe they (alongside with other gathered forces) will greatly bolster Sentinel's forces in a final battle against the Burning Legion in Mount Hyjal.

But who knows, I guess time will tell, as Turnro refers. :)

I don't think Cenarius is captive in the Highborne storyline and the ranger probably thought that the Highborne are not bad guys considering Malfurion is leading them. In the Sentinel, I think that Illidan will be fighting the legion but not with Malfurion because Malfurion hates him.

Level 4
In the Sentinel, I think that Illidan will be fighting the legion but not with Malfurion because Malfurion hates him.

I think maybe they will work together cause Furion and Illidan have work together once for save Tyrande in the original Frozen Throne Night Elf Campaign's final chapter.

Level 8
It seems that some people don't understand that the Storylines aren't connected between each other :p, yeah like Daffa said, this doesn't follow ROC and TFT logic, all it's created by Turnro.

Level 4
Exactly, the Highborne and Sentinel storylines are not connected in any way. It is a choice that players make when they reach the fountain in chapter 2. However I would really be laughing if in the Sentinel story, the battle would be like Illidan's forces vs Night Elves vs Burning Legion :)

Level 4
This set doesn't follow ROC TFT logic. Example : Uther

That's why I said maybe, this is just my wild guess.

However I would really be laughing if in the Sentinel story, the battle would be like Illidan's forces vs Night Elves vs Burning Legion :)

It will be good If have a battle like this, but we still don't know about It yet, only time will tell.

Level 31
Hey guys! Today I have finished another map, the interlude: 'The Legion's Return'.

183891-albums7057-picture107970.jpg

This is a significant milestone for me, as it means that 50% of the planned maps for Malfurion's Quest are complete. Some of you may not be excited to here that this campaign only has half of its maps completed. Malfurion's Quest was always planned to be a massive campaign, and is already larger than any campaign I have made before.

Stay tune for more news soon :)