• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 4
Nice the Legion is back. I really hope that they defeat the night elves this time, the have lost their best opportunity to defeat them in RoC because of that dumbass Archimonde. :D

Level 11
The interlude looks great. It's a shame for those poor Night Elves, though. They got caught up in a wrong place in a wrong time. Hopefully Malfurion will make it in time to prevent the Legion from destroying the World Tree... only time will tell :)

Level 3
Ora ora ora ora !
That's a nice new to give us here, Turnro ! I'm eager to see that in action =D
And I'm 100% supporting youness commentary.

Good luck for the next release ! I'll keep following your works to the end !

Level 4
As long as in the Highborne story Malfurion is considered as a villain I will be satisfied. I HATE Malfurion but I just love this campaign.

Level 29
Am I the only one here who wants the Legion to win???

A part of me also wants that. Sargeras, though his solution is perharps too extreme, has quite a point. There will always be conflict in the universe and perharps the only solution is for the universe to be destroyed. In Azeroth, which is just one world, there are always occuring conflicts.

I know I might sound cynical or even nihilistic but this is my opinion, though I am still against the whole utter extermination of all life thing. I would support the Legion totally if their goal was to conquer the universe rather than destroy it, uniting all reality under one ruler that could cease all conflicts.

Level 4
Hey guys! I'm currently revising the dialogue for Jeopardy for the Horde, and am in need for people to read over it to see if it makes sense and spelling/grammar errors. Any volunteers?

There is only one thing that was stabbing me in the eye, and it's the phrase (in the sense) "this is not to be taken lightly", instead it's written "likely" in every dialogue line the phrase was being used.
I saw "likely" also in your other campaigns (Human and Undead) quite often.
Since english isn't my native language, and if what I'm saying is wrong, imma burry myself alive.
:xxd:

And now I'm gonna download this one.. can't get enough of your campaigns lol.
:vw_love:

Level 3
King of Andor and unexperience of beta tester

i would like to be a beta tester.and the grammar and the spelling?idk would you accept?

Level 4
Possible SPOILER

A question - in Highborne storyline in Elune's temple, I'm desperately trying to collect the 3 keys for the bonus room, but I never get more than 1. I'm trying to not miss anything but still have no success... Any advice?

Edit:
Got the 2nd hidden key from the big Water Elemental behind the energy barrier, but honestly, after searching everything, and using "iseedeadpeople" after I found nothing, still no clue where the 3rd one could be...

Is it possible that there are some levers or that energy crystal (teal) on Kath'ranis side which should not be triggered in order to get them?

Last edited:
Level 3
Possible SPOILER

A question - in Highborne storyline in Elune's temple, I'm desperately trying to collect the 3 keys for the bonus room, but I never get more than 1. I'm trying to not miss anything but still have no success... Any advice?

Edit:
Got the 2nd hidden key from the big Water Elemental behind the energy barrier, but honestly, after searching everything, and using "iseedeadpeople" after I found nothing, still no clue where the 3rd one could be...

Is it possible that there are some levers or that energy crystal (teal) on Kath'ranis side which should not be triggered in order to get the key?

BUG?
So, In the mentioned chapter, there is that energy wall which activates when a unit comes close, and the only way to get past it is to be invisible. So, in my first attempt, I already had Furion + Highmistress both invisible and they both passed this barrier without any dialogue (Furion says something about the barrier, how they must use their powers to trick it). This may be important because when I played with Kath'ranis' (sp?) side, there is also the same type of barrier, BUT when I used the invisibility potion (found in a nearby obelisk), the barrier still detected me!

I noticed this recently on my second attempt at this chapter - where I saw Furion's dialogue for the first time so I figured it could cause the other barrier to "activate" its normal behavior.. I'm not 100% sure of this though

you must find the crates in elune temples. its somewhere in the map.[/QUOTE

Level 4
Oh god the crates! Found it, thanks. I thought "in what mysterious ways did the creator brilliantly hide the last key?" ofc it's crates! :D

Level 30
Hey guys! The update for Jeopardy for the Horde will include a new interlude: Conflicts with the Past.

183891-albums3097-picture108238.jpg

I expect the release of this update to be within a couple of months time. As for Malfurion's Quest, I am currently working on the next Highborne map: Realm of the Demigod.

Level 4
The next highborne map is gonna be an interlude right?? And if it is I would assume that it will be the part where that dryad says "papa the nature druid betrayed and tried to capture me"?? Sorry if this is gonna be a spoiler. :D

Level 4
Turnro when u update the Horde campaign, can you also add some new units with unique battle skills like every attack burns mana or a passive attack that slows the target??

Level 11
Turnro, just a little hint about the storyline you might take into consideration:

In the Orcish campaign, in chapter 8: The Great Pursuit, when orcs discovered about the humans and night elves close to Santron, Drek'Thar said that the two races are working together against them. So, I thought you might consider something about this in Malfurion's Quest. Maybe mentioning humans and asking them for aid against the Legion, since they fought together against the orcs?

Level 4
Hey guys! The update for Jeopardy for the Horde will include a new interlude: Conflicts with the Past.

183891-albums3097-picture108238.jpg

I expect the release of this update to be within a couple of months time. As for Malfurion's Quest, I am currently working on the next Highborne map: Realm of the Demigod.
*Grom Hellscream voice* Yes... YESSS!

I wonder, in this alternate story, if Cenarius is uber strong like in wc3 campaign.. I hope we don't have to kill him, cause idk how we could pierce his special armor type.. Or maybe he can be killed by using deception and trickery? What happened to Highborne Malfurion, and the highborne hero guy? Must..be..patient. o_o

Level 30
Turnro when u update the Horde campaign, can you also add some new units with unique battle skills like every attack burns mana or a passive attack that slows the target??

Probably not. Jeopardy for the Horde was my first campaign and was never made to introduce new units. I have never been a fan of just adding new units for the sake of it as it degrades the quality of the campaign.

Malfurion's Quest is an exception, since new units were planned from the beginning and the gameplay was designed around their capabilities. So while there will be some custom models in Jeopardy for the Horde, none of them will be for the player's units for the time being.

Turnro, just a little hint about the storyline you might take into consideration:

In the Orcish campaign, in chapter 8: The Great Pursuit, when orcs discovered about the humans and night elves close to Santron, Drek'Thar said that the two races are working together against them. So, I thought you might consider something about this in Malfurion's Quest. Maybe mentioning humans and asking them for aid against the Legion, since they fought together against the orcs?

Yes this does needs to be clarified somewhere. I'll see what I can do to further explain this idea.

Level 3
Probably not. Jeopardy for the Horde was my first campaign and was never made to introduce new units. I have never been a fan of just adding new units for the sake of it as it degrades the quality of the campaign.

Malfurion's Quest is an exception, since new units were planned from the beginning and the gameplay was designed around their capabilities. So while there will be some custom models in Jeopardy for the Horde, none of them will be for the player's units for the time being.

Yes this does needs to be clarified somewhere. I'll see what I can do to further explain this idea.

Or put like a warcraft 3 reign of choas human,elves,orcs must work together from the burning legions that will be cool in malfurion quest.BUT NO CHOCIES![/QUOTE]

Level 8
But it would be good to see a different ending o battle, we already have Roc to play that moment and also have other versions of that Chapter, Malfurion's Quest can be something different than that...

Level 3
why would the humans team up with the night elf after what they did in "the adventures of rowan the wise"? the night elf killed innorcent and got a crazed Uther to help them with it, AND rowan and his human followers killed maiev shadow song and her night elf AND unlike the night elf they would propely just cut down the forrests and disturb nature and piss cenarius and the druids by doing so, just like how malfurion was pissed when the highborn did it.

as for the horde well acording to what i have read the taurens were good friends with both the furbold and the night elf in the original story, and the orcs (from what i could see) just used self-defense in your story when shandris feathermoon attacted both the orcs and taurens, and thats another thing, why WOULD they attack the taurens if they were friends with both night elf and furbold? and the orcs (again from what i could see) stayed in the desert/savanna and didn't attack the Ashanvale or any other night elf homeforrests.

maybe you could make it that malfurion is going to ask i similar question to tyrande in the sentinal playtrough?

Last edited:
Level 3
Possible SPOILER

Edit:

Is it possible that there are some levers or that energy crystal (teal) on Kath'ranis side which should not be triggered in order to get them?
in elunes temple i can only find one key, the one with the water elemental, how do you open the gate to the other one, and i can only find one crate in the map and the key wasn't there, where are the other crates?

Level 11
Wow that`s awesome!Why is it so white?

Because that's just about how the Emerald Dream looks like. After the last encounter with the Legion, Malfurion's powers were drained when he closed the portal. Now only time will tell how Malfurion survived (or whatever happens next). :)

Level 8
Well in Jeopardy for the Horde, they teamed up to fight against the orcs, so a reference maybe could be, yes, Rowan killed Maiev and his night elfs, but in Jeopardy(That's after Rowan's campaign) they team up instead of those moments, why there isn't a chance that they team up again?

Level 3
Well in Jeopardy for the Horde, they teamed up to fight against the orcs, so a reference maybe could be, yes, Rowan killed Maiev and his night elfs, but in Jeopardy(That's after Rowan's campaign) they team up instead of those moments, why there isn't a chance that they team up again?
well i just thought that from the humans perspektiv why would they team up with a race and a leader that just suddenly came to the human lands and attacked the civiliens, and got one of the humans greatest hero to help them kill the human, which forced rowan to kill uther before they could have a chance to heal him.
and from the night elf perspektiv the humans, just like the orcs, would propely just cut down they're trees and piss off the druids and cenarius. plus tyrande said directly that she tried to DESTROY the humans, and they lost some comrads to them aswell, plus the night elf HATE magic user and the humans has an entire city of those, and then theres now the blood elf who have teamed up with the humans who are desendence of the highborns and are also magic users, and we got the dwarves and gnomes who also have teamed up with the human who mine/dig up the ground and destroy forrests in the process and would destroy the night elfs forrests to get minerals with no regard for the forrest or the animals (and they to also have a few mages here and there).
BTW you didn't answer WHY the night elf would attack the taurens since the night elfs, furbolds and taurens are supposed to be good buddies.

Level 29
well i just thought that from the humans perspektiv why would they team up with a race and a leader that just suddenly came to the human lands and attacked the civiliens, and got one of the humans greatest hero to help them kill the human, which forced rowan to kill uther before they could have a chance to heal him.
and from the night elf perspektiv the humans, just like the orcs, would propely just cut down they're trees and piss off the druids and cenarius. plus tyrande said directly that she tried to DESTROY the humans, and they lost some comrads to them aswell, plus the night elf HATE magic user and the humans has an entire city of those, and then theres now the blood elf who have teamed up with the humans who are desendence of the highborns and are also magic users, and we got the dwarves and gnomes who also have teamed up with the human who mine/dig up the ground and destroy forrests in the process and would destroy the night elfs forrests to get minerals with no regard for the forrest or the animals (and they to also have a few mages here and there).
BTW you didn't answer WHY the night elf would attack the taurens since the night elfs, furbolds and taurens are supposed to be good buddies.

Given that the Sentinels were attacking Santron, an orc town which the taurens have good relationships with, not to mention the fact that the tauren joined the Horde, I think the night elves only trust the furbolgs.
The Night elves are a very secluded race that is highly suspicious of outsiders.

Level 3
Given that the Sentinels were attacking Santron, an orc town which the taurens have good relationships with, not to mention the fact that the tauren joined the Horde, I think the night elves only trust the furbolgs.
The Night elves are a very secluded race that is highly suspicious of outsiders.
the alliance made just as much damage as the orcs, and the night elf were attacking the humans aswell, and they were able to ally with one another, so if a former friend (taurens) of both furbold and night elf who has druids of they're own shouldn't that mean that the night elf had MORE reasons to join the horde? and since the taurens were good friends with the horde shouldn't tyrande or at least SOME of the other leaders especially the druids who get along with the tauren druids, have been like "you know the taurens are friends with us and the furbolds, and we allowed the furbold to live with us so maybe these orcs could be good allies against the legion, or be left alone" or at least some THOUGT like that?
and if they could befriend humans who had no friends of the night elves with them while at the same time the allaince is crawling with magic users which night elves hate to the core plus the blood elves are working with the humans and they are desendence of the highborn, which is a pretty big RED flag for the humans plus as stated before the dwarves and gnomes would dig up the forrest without caring if they disturb/destroy nature in they're search for minerals, gold. loot, treasures, artifakts and relics.
while the orcs had the taurens and shamans and banished all warlocks plus most of them AREN'T magic users unlike the allaince, that is a pretty big GREEN flag so shouldn't the night elf be MORE capeble and have better reasons to befriend the orcs?

i'm just asking all this because i just don't se the reason why it's like this, i hope i'm not being annoying i'm just curious. so if i'm annoying i'm so sorry.

Level 8
It isn't annoying i think, i'm curious as well, the fact that i didn't respond of the Taurens and Night Elfs it's because Taurens would have prefer to be with Orcs rather than Elves, or i guess so.

Level 29
the alliance made just as much damage as the orcs, and the night elf were attacking the humans aswell, and they were able to ally with one another, so if a former friend (taurens) of both furbold and night elf who has druids of they're own shouldn't that mean that the night elf had MORE reasons to join the horde? and since the taurens were good friends with the horde shouldn't tyrande or at least SOME of the other leaders especially the druids who get along with the tauren druids, have been like "you know the taurens are friends with us and the furbolds, and we allowed the furbold to live with us so maybe these orcs could be good allies against the legion, or be left alone" or at least some THOUGT like that?
and if they could befriend humans who had no friends of the night elves with them while at the same time the allaince is crawling with magic users which night elves hate to the core plus the blood elves are working with the humans and they are desendence of the highborn, which is a pretty big RED flag for the humans plus as stated before the dwarves and gnomes would dig up the forrest without caring if they disturb/destroy nature in they're search for minerals, gold. loot, treasures, artifakts and relics.
while the orcs had the taurens and shamans and banished all warlocks plus most of them AREN'T magic users unlike the allaince, that is a pretty big GREEN flag so shouldn't the night elf be MORE capeble and have better reasons to befriend the orcs?

i'm just asking all this because i just don't se the reason why it's like this, i hope i'm not being annoying i'm just curious. so if i'm annoying i'm so sorry.

One thing I learned from the Warcraft lore is that most races judge others by the appearence.

Let´s analyze the alliance: humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes and draenei; all asthetically ''beautiful'' races. The horde on other hand are more like a federation of the 'rejected' races (orcs, trolls, tauren, undeads, blood elves). The alliance sees in general orcs and trolls as as bloodthirsty savages, undeads as abominations (even if they didn´t choose to become undeads) and goblins as self-serving backstabbers.

The Night Elves would prefer to ally with the humans than with the orcs because of their culture. Orcs are capable of great nobility, but their culture is in many aspects warrior-like, which clashes with the Night Elves' peaceful and nature-loving mindset. Human culture, in many aspects, resemble a lot more of the Night Elves, even if they use magic. The magic of the Alliance is based on the Light, an universally-considered benevolent religion, so I guess the elves wouldn´t be bothered.

The matter of the high elves is intriguing, yes. What do the Night Elves think of the fact that the humans are allied with the descendants of the highbourne, the same race that allowed the Burning Legion to reach Azeroth?

Level 11
why WOULD they attack the taurens if they were friends with both night elf and furbold? and the orcs (again from what i could see) stayed in the desert/savanna and didn't attack the Ashanvale or any other night elf homeforrests.

Well, in "Fear of the Prophecy" (Sentinel's storyline) Tyrande explains why the Nelfs attacked the Humans and the Orcs: to prevent the Legion's return (and they failled).
That could explain why they attacked the Taurens aswell, you know, something like a "they might get corrupted, let's kill them now" kinda of thing.

As for the Humans & Nelfs joining forces, it might not be a fully 'diplomatic' thing, but more like a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", it's not like they would keep friends after the Orc's defeat.

Level 11
Well, in "Fear of the Prophecy" (Sentinel's storyline) Tyrande explains why the Nelfs attacked the Humans and the Orcs: to prevent the Legion's return (and they failled).
That could explain why they attacked the Taurens aswell, you know, something like a "they might get corrupted, let's kill them now" kinda of thing.

As for the Humans & Nelfs joining forces, it might not be a fully 'diplomatic' thing, but more like a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", it's not like they would keep friends after the Orc's defeat.

I agree with you that it should have been made like that. Humans and Night Elves may have allied under the banner of a new human leader who may have a peaceful relationship with the Night Elves. But aren't you guys forgetting something? Not many of humans and orcs remained since they have been killed in the Ressurection of the Scourge campaign. So I don't think humans would be much of a help for Night Elves...

Level 29
I agree with you that it should have been made like that. Humans and Night Elves may have allied under the banner of a new human leader who may have a peaceful relationship with the Night Elves. But aren't you guys forgetting something? Not many of humans and orcs remained since they have been killed in the Ressurection of the Scourge campaign. So I don't think humans would be much of a help for Night Elves...

The Scourge only attacked three orc towns, which were close to the coast, and on Lordaeron they disembarked near to Dalaran, and destroyed a couple of towns. I highly doubt that Garithos called the ENTIRE Alliance army to attack the undeads.

Level 1
Saludos y unas preguntas... Esta campaña se ve muy buena, para cuando estará terminada. Se puede jugar las misiones que están ya listas? Gracias.

Level 3
Saludos amigo :)

Saludos y unas preguntas... Esta campaña se ve muy buena, para cuando estará terminada. Se puede jugar las misiones que están ya listas? Gracias.

Saludos amigo, como estas?. si te gusto campaña (y eso que esta aun esta sin terminar te invito a jugar las otras campañas de Turno, hasta la fecha te puedo decir que esta campaña lleva haciendose desde aprox 2 años, eso es por que el Editor Turno tiene tambien vida propia xD, para cuando estara terminada lo mas seguro sea para el año que viene digo yo, pero habra que esperar y darle tiempo al tiempo.

y claro por supuesto que puedes jugar las misiones que estan listas si tienes algun problema no olvides comentarlo en el foro. si tienes el bug del parche 1.27a ( que es un preparche) que cuando descargas mapas te salen en como "otra campaña de warcraft 3" eso por que el mismo parche. ni yo mismo puedo jugar las otras campañas por esta razon te invito a comentar en el foro acerca del problema para hacerle saber a Turno. GRaciAs por leer si tienes otra pregunta hazlo saber.

Level 4
in elunes temple i can only find one key, the one with the water elemental, how do you open the gate to the other one, and i can only find one crate in the map and the key wasn't there, where are the other crates?
One is in a crate, don't know how to describe the exact location.. Look with the mouse cursor on the edges of every room, it is in a corner, you can't see it unless you rotate camera (or spot it with the mouse). And hit all levers until you open the door to the other key.

Level 11
The Scourge only attacked three orc towns, which were close to the coast, and on Lordaeron they disembarked near to Dalaran, and destroyed a couple of towns. I highly doubt that Garithos called the ENTIRE Alliance army to attack the undeads.

Not WHOLE army, but most of the Alliance forces were destroyed after the Apocalipse spell was triggered by Garithos. That's why humans won't be as helpful as when their army was so large like in the undead campaign.

Level 4
I think Tyrande was really stupid to have started a world domination war; what if she just sent messengers to human and orc leaders, and made a meeting to warn them of what could happen, so they could root out demon-magic practicioners themselves? At least would be worth a try, but no, let's kill everything not a night elf lol..
Very full of herself to think night elves are so supperior, they could erradicate every other race at once x_x