• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 2
Thanks for the passion and efforts you put in it Turnro, you're never disappointing :)

Level 31
Hey guys! I'll be postponing the update for Malfurion's Quest to the 24th December. I've found that I need more time to test the new maps before releasing them.

I have also found an interesting bug to do with map transitions. It seems that restarting new maps you travel to opens up a serious exploit, where the player can get the same items multiple times. So far, I have prevented this issue from occurring by disabling restart. Unfortunately, this also means allowing cheats in the harder difficulties.

At the moment, the player will be able to use cheats in all sub-maps (the main map is unaffected), but creates inconsistency throughout the campaign. My other solution was to only allow the player to travel to the map once and never come back should they decide to leave, but this has downfalls as well.

What is our opinion on this? Should the current setup stay as it is, or do you believe there could be a better way?

Level 28
Turnro, I truly don't understand clear on this, What do you mean the player can travel a map once and never come back, you mean the current system or you mean sub-maps? Also, you can prevent the player from using cheats by triggers

Edit : Maybe if you give more details I can be able to help you with my opinion :)

Last edited:
Level 28
I would allow cheats, if someone wants to ruin their experiance and use cheats, let them..

But why? The normal difficulty level is easy, no need for cheat, I played all turnro's campaigns (All four) without using whatever cheat, And I successed perfectly,
I know the Hard level is not easy that's why they call him hard, but with patience, attempt, fails, and you will successed at the end
Always Patient, insulting the game sometime help to win battles (AI), when it's hard! Unleash your rage and be quick (establish base, Ressources) and don't wast time on killing neutral hostile, picking items, side quest..., It's also a matter of strenght btw :)

Edit : Did I just '' insulting the game '' ? Lol XD

Level 9
Do you mean sub-maps like the horde campaign in Frozen Throne?
thats cool but what if there was optional quests or items we forgot to get
how are going to collect the items or finish the optional quest?

Level 28
Do you mean sub-maps like the horde campaign in Frozen Throne?
thats cool but what if there was optional quests or items we forgot to get
how are going to collect the items or finish the optional quest?

If that's the case, he could use blizzard technical (Rexxar's Campaign), all he have to do is open some maps (War3x.MPQ) and search for a map known (OrcX01, OrcX01_01, OrcX02,... etc) and see how to make this happen (Travel from one map to another, Stash, Save-Game/Quest/Side Quest... etc)
That's the same thing I did for my campaign (Legacy of Lordearon), Difficult yes, it's not really easy as you thought, It's not just Save Game - Set to the next level...
This is complicated, many mistakes could happend (Quest, Side Quest) or sometime the sub-maps won't start if u write a wrong path...

Anyways, I'm not sure if this is what turnro want to do, I don't see why would someone go back to the previous chapter? Probably items!?

Level 11
I agree with MogulKahn and Warseeker. If players intends to ruin their campaign experience, they should use cheats, Turnro. Since the situation is that complicated, I would recommend you to enable cheats. Who likes going back to previous chapter(s) only because of items, anyway? :)

Level 31
If that's the case, he could use blizzard technical (Rexxar's Campaign), all he have to do is open some maps (War3x.MPQ) and search for a map known (OrcX01, OrcX01_01, OrcX02,... etc) and see how to make this happen (Travel from one map to another, Stash, Save-Game/Quest/Side Quest... etc)
That's the same thing I did for my campaign (Legacy of Lordearon), Difficult yes, it's not really easy as you thought, It's not just Save Game - Set to the next level...
This is complicated, many mistakes could happend (Quest, Side Quest) or sometime the sub-maps won't start if u write a wrong path...

Anyways, I'm not sure if this is what turnro want to do, I don't see why would someone go back to the previous chapter? Probably items!?

Sorry, I understand that I didn't explain myself properly.

The problem is not to do with the map traveling itself. That part works perfectly. I was more referring to cheat disabling while in the sub-maps, since losing these maps and restarting through the menu would only bring the player back to the beginning of the sub-map rather than the start of the chapter. This bug would allow players to complete the sub-maps multiple times, stacking up on the same powerful items they can find.

I have prevented this issue by allowing cheats to be used in the sub-maps. After reading the comments so far, this seems to be the best solution for now.

Level 28
Well, if you think that enable cheats will be wise for the player, then do it, But I'm not so sure about that,
Why would anybody to use cheats in the progress of the sub-maps (That will ruin the exp campaign)
Btw, I'm not sure what kind of Warcraft 3 cheats are you reffering to, I don't see how this would work?

Edit : I got it, For example, instead of restarting the whole maps from the begining, you could go through cheats (Ex : Whosyourdaddy Cheat), since the maps are already being played before, but honestly turnro, only campaign maker do so, instead of repeating the game while testing
Personally, This is the second time I played your campaign (Malfurion's Quest) the original and the last update, and I have no problem restarting from zero, yeah why? That's will give me more experience/ Strategy
To understand how the AI of ennemies works, maybe finding some hidden items you didn't notice them the first time you've played this campaign (Specialy if you update the previous maps)
So, for me disable those cheats or not it's still a problem (They are some people whom don't like to wast their time, even if it's the first they play the campaign or the difficulty level is too hard for them)
Anyway, let it the same, It's people decision

Level 9
I agree with MogulKahn and Warseeker. If players intends to ruin their campaign experience, they should use cheats, Turnro. Since the situation is that complicated, I would recommend you to enable cheats. Who likes going back to previous chapter(s) only because of items, anyway? :)

I do :D
Especially when the items give a big boost to stats or a very useful item
other than that it dont matter to me

Level 2
I totally agree with MogulKhan/Warseeker/Lazarator : allowing cheats as a (temporary?) solution.

Level 12
So the cheats will be allowed in hard mode , right ? Are you going to change some of the artefacts to balance or something ?

Level 28
Turnro

I had a better idea! Since you want to disable cheats, how about this idea :

When u update this campaign and add more chapter, what about if u could just make those new chapters Visible for the player (Inside Campaign Editor) not all, ex : the last chapter was for example 4 , in this new update, make chapter 5 visible (boutton) instead of restarting from the begining of the game,
Don't worry, the Game-Cache works perfectly (If it's not deleted by the user inside the save folder) now the player can normaly continue the progress, same items he already have.
For me that's a better solution, and now you can disable cheats if you want if you're using this idea....

Level 31
Turnro

I had a better idea! Since you want to disable cheats, how about this idea :

When u update this campaign and add more chapter, what about if u could just make those new chapters Visible for the player (Inside Campaign Editor) not all, ex : the last chapter was for example 4 , in this new update, make chapter 5 visible (boutton) instead of restarting from the begining of the game,
Don't worry, the Game-Cache works perfectly (If it's not deleted by the user inside the save folder) now the player can normaly continue the progress, same items he already have.
For me that's a better solution, and now you can disable cheats if you want if you're using this idea....

Hi Warseeker,

I've actually answered this question through your profile, but I'll re-answer it here since it is something other people will benefit from.

When the new update comes out, you will be able to skip to the new chapters by typing in specific cheat codes in the first chapter. These cheat codes will be different from the previous update of Malfurion's Quest, and will be available once the update comes out. This action also unlocks the previous chapters, depending on the story you wish to skip to.

Automatically making these maps visible in the loading screen doesn't seem right for this campaign, as it would make it extremely confusing to those who have never played Malfurion's Quest before.

Level 9
Hi guys,

Really sorry, but I still need one more day to finalize the update before releasing it onto Hive. Will keep you informed once it is done.

Take all the time you need man
Perfection like yours needs alot of work and time
Cant wait for that update:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 31
Merry Christmas everyone! The new update for Malfurion's Quest is available, which includes 5 new maps and several bug fixes.

For those who wish to skip to the new content, read the instructions below:

1. Enter the campaign as per usual and play Chapter 1 - A Destiny Unravels
2. Once in, press enter and type one of the following codes:
"sentinel 13" (this will skip to Chapter 4 of the Sentinel storyline)
"highborne 12" (this will skip to Chapter 4 Part 1 of the Highborne storyline)

NOTE: Typing these codes will also unlock all existing maps before it in the loading screen, depending on which story line you choose to skip to.

When you download the new version of Malfurion's Quest, it is highly recommended that you DO NOT change the name of the file. Doing so may cause the map traveling feature in Chapter 5 of the Sentinel story to no longer work.

Finally, this update is a great way to end the year and I look forward to continue to working on Malfurion's Quest into the new year :)

Last edited:
Level 11
Hey Turnru I'm having a problem in the new Sentinals chapter
When I find Jarod and enter the temple I have found only 8 out of 10, I used iseedeadpeople and killed everything, nothing found.

So can you check if they are indeed 10? Are they all inside or some outside?

Level 23
When I find Jarod and enter the temple I have found only 8 out of 10, I used iseedeadpeople and killed everything, nothing found.

Yousef >.<
I do take a time to find them hehehe
Two of those tablet is not inside the temple, it's at the outside of the entrance.

And btw, Turnro, it's so fucking amazing! Can't wait to see the next chapters! OMG! IT'S AWESOME! Good luck! :)

Level 11
Yousef >.<
I do take a time to find them hehehe
Two of those tablet is not inside the temple, it's at the outside of the entrance.

And btw, Turnro, it's so fucking amazing! Can't wait to see the next chapters! OMG! IT'S AWESOME! Good luck! :)
I found 8 inside, can't find those 2 outside.

Level 9
Turnro, thank you for the perfect christmass gift
Merry christmass to you and your family and everyone here on the Hive
You rock man

Level 31

As Forsaken has found, two of the Relics are outside the temple. You will not find these Relics by killing creeps, so be sure to check all barrels/crates and creep huts as well.

Turnro, thank you for the perfect christmass gift
Merry christmass to you and your family and everyone here on the Hive
You rock man

You are welcome, Morris :)

Level 11
The new maps are just wonderful, Turnro. I have just completed the Sentinel maps and I must say I'm quite impressed, even though I faced some grammar and spell mistakes :D
By the way, the last Highborne map was really amazing and epic! I'm really looking forward to your new maps. Keep it up! :)

Last edited:
Level 27
Awesome update, playing Highborne for the first time in hard, was an interesting experience.

Don't known if this was in your bug list.

In Highborne 4 and 5 the unit groups gets deleted after the cinematics, is a big problem in Highborne 5 during the boss fight because the Mother#$/%( nuke my troops before i can regroup them.

Going to play the Sentinel version next.

Level 31
Awesome update, playing Highborne for the first time in hard, was an interesting experience.

Don't known if this was in your bug list.

In Highborne 4 and 5 the unit groups gets deleted after the cinematics, is a big problem in Highborne 5 during the boss fight because the Mother#$/%( nuke my troops before i can regroup them.

Going to play the Sentinel version next.

I understand what you are referring to, that your unit groups are lost in Chapters 4 and 5 of the Highborne. It is like this because they are in fact new units.

The player will most likely lose some units in the earlier part of the game. Replacement units are created so the player isn't screwed if they lose some units and have to replay the chapter over.

In addition, there are some new units that you acquire in the later parts of these missions that you did not previously have (like the Enchantresses in Chapter 4).

While those units that are alive could be kept in the unit groups, it would not completely solve the issue in the case of lost units and the fact that you actually gain additional units.

Level 31
Happy New Year everyone! I thought I might take the opportunity to reveal to you all my current plans for the following year:

MALFURION'S QUEST
There are two updates that are planned for this campaign, which is expected to be released during the middle and end of 2016. Both updates will include new maps and bug fixes.

Middle year update - 5 new maps, Chapter 6 for both story-lines
End year update - 3 new maps, Chapter 7 for both story-lines

JEOPARDY FOR THE HORDE
Many of you know that I intend to go back to this old campaign and improve on it. The update will include a re-polish of the entire campaign, several bug fixes and a new exciting feature that will be revealed in due time ;)

These three releases are my current goal, though there is no guarantees that they will all be done during the year. At the very least, it is realistic to say that 2 of these updates will be available during 2016.

Level 16
Very good work and nice campaign.

The Highborn story is so sad...
RIP Tyrande, RIP Kath, RIP Furion, RIP Velinde, RIP the Dreadlord family, RIP the druid of claw, BUT WHY FARADRELLA DON'T DIE ? D: