• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 15
Nooooooo, don't spoil your new units. I refused to play your BETA map, because I want to have full experience when this campaign is finished. Even when you posted Highborne tech-tree I haven't tried them, because I want to be surprised when I start playing it!

Last edited:
Level 12
Nooooooo, don't spoil your new units. I refused to play your BETA map, because I want to have full experiance when this campaign is finished. Even when you posted highborne tech-tree I haven't tries them, because I want to be suprised when I start playing it!
Your will is iron , man. But you have long time to wait .

Level 2
I know. What I am saying is that if Archimonde was alive when Azgalor was chosen as leader of the Burning Legion, he would be one of the candidates.

And I wonder what will the commanders of the Burning Legion think when they discover that Kil'jaeden indirectly helped the orcs kill Azgalor and later he killed Tichondrius. The dreadlords already know of this but the rest don´t.

Kil'jaeden originally had a valid reason for killing Tichondrius: the pact that he made with Azgalor 60 years ago, which Tichondrius himself would bear all the consequences and suffer the leader's wrath, should the undead Scourge failed to destroy Azeroth in one way or another (such as the complete destruction of the Scourge itself). Even though Azgalor died during the pact, it still binds Tichondrius in a way that he requested from Kil'jaeden to go to Azeroth to resurrect the Scourge and even mentioned about the pact (which is his fatal mistake).

However, I wondered how would the commanders of Burning Legion knows every about this, since most of the key witnesses to Kil'jaeden aiding the orcs into forest or being able to understand his intentions for Azgalor to be dead (Araj, Tichondrius, Dalvengyr) were killed, and the last key witness, Varimathras, even betrayed Tichondrius and stood at the side on Kil'jaeden. I was doubtful whether Varimathras' act was just to save his own life on the pretext of betraying Tichondrius so that he can inform the other Nathrezims, or in reality, he had already betrayed all the Nathrezims himself?

Level 24
Kil'jaeden originally had a valid reason for killing Tichondrius: the pact that he made with Azgalor 60 years ago, which Tichondrius himself would bear all the consequences and suffer the leader's wrath, should the undead Scourge failed to destroy Azeroth in one way or another (such as the complete destruction of the Scourge itself). Even though Azgalor died during the pact, it still binds Tichondrius in a way that he requested from Kil'jaeden to go to Azeroth to resurrect the Scourge and even mentioned about the pact (which is his fatal mistake).

However, I wondered how would the commanders of Burning Legion knows every about this, since most of the key witnesses to Kil'jaeden aiding the orcs into forest or being able to understand his intentions for Azgalor to be dead (Araj, Tichondrius, Dalvengyr) were killed, and the last key witness, Varimathras, even betrayed Tichondrius and stood at the side on Kil'jaeden. I was doubtful whether Varimathras' act was just to save his own life on the pretext of betraying Tichondrius so that he can inform the other Nathrezims, or in reality, he had already betrayed all the Nathrezims himself?

Well, that's something Turnro kept from being spoiled, still curious and excited though on what may happen to that traitor and the legion's future as well as the night elves or highbornes.

Anyway, I really like the way you make units Turnro, like they are so unique, the abilities seem to fit in well (though I'm not 100% sure).
But the question is, how many chapters have you finished since the last release?

Level 31
Anyway, I really like the way you make units Turnro, like they are so unique, the abilities seem to fit in well (though I'm not 100% sure).
But the question is, how many chapters have you finished since the last release?

Thank you, Edge45. Since the last release, I have made four new maps. I intend to update Malfurion's Quest once I have completed a fifth map.

Level 3
Great work, I like this unit. But I still get one question for you: I notice that the highborne lacks meat tanks, will you get some meat tanks for them?

Level 11
Turnro, be warned about Jarod Shadowsong. He was seen as a night elf lieutenant (hero) in the last orc mission in Jeopardy for the Horde. Wouldn't seeing him again as a different type of hero spoil the story in Malfurion's Quest, or do you already have something planned for him?

Level 9
Turnro, be warned about Jarod Shadowsong. He was seen as a night elf lieutenant (hero) in the last orc mission in Jeopardy for the Horde. Wouldn't seeing him again as a different type of hero spoil the story in Malfurion's Quest, or do you already have something planned for him?

He was in Jeopardy of the Horde? Really? I don't remember seeing him.

Level 11
He was in Jeopardy of the Horde? Really? I don't remember seeing him.

Jeopardy for* the Horde. And, yes, he was seen as an enemy hero leading the night elven "Moonhunter" base in the last orcish mission. Only there his name was "Jared" instead of "Jarod" lol.

Level 12
Jeopardy for* the Horde. And, yes, he was seen as an enemy hero leading the night elven "Moonhunter" base in the last orcish mission. Only there his name was "Jared" instead of "Jarod" lol.
It might be just a random name.

Level 31

Yes, I am aware of this. My plan is to change the Demon Hunter's name when I update Jeopardy for the Horde next.

Level 31
Hey guys! Development of Chapter 5 of the Highborne storyline is well under way. While I don't have any screenshots to show at the current time, I thought to instead reveal another character that you will encounter later on in Malfurion's Quest.

Smolderas the Gatekeeper

183891-albums7057-picture101437.jpg

An ancient firelord who has served the Burning Legion for many centuries. While Smolderas is not of demonic heritage, he shares the Legion's vision of eradicating all life and takes great pleasure in doing so. It was Sargaras himself who brought the firelord into the fold, although his reasons for doing so remain unknown. Smolderas serves as an ideal lieutenant, though he is known for his hot temper and has little patience towards his subordinates.

Last edited:
Level 2
He had been there in the cinematic when Azgalor was appointed as the new leader of the Legion.

It was interesting to make him appear, as if it is a real story where a character was mentioned in a flashback and reappear in actual storyline as a supporting one.

Level 31
Hey guys! I thought I might take the opportunity to let you all know of my current project plans for the next few months or so.

Many of you know that I intend to update Malfurion's Quest once I have completed Chapter 5 of the Highborne story. This is expected to occur over the next month or so, and I will give an exact date closer to the time. Shortly afterwards, I will also release a small update for The Adventures of Rowan the Wise to fix some serious bugs, as well as improve the voices of a few characters.

Jeopardy for the Horde will also receive a massive update. Some of the features will include some ideas and bug fixes I have implemented into the previous update of The Adventures of Rowan the Wise this year. However, Jeopardy for the Horde's update is special because it will be receiving a very exciting improvement to it.

This update is expected to be ready by January - February next year, and the plan is to work on it in parallel with Malfurion's Quest. I won't reveal what changes I will be making to Jeopardy for the Horde at the moment, but it is something I am thrilled about :)

Level 9
Jus for gods sake finish this quick!! I need to play it!!
(im not rushing you, im jus using exagerration)
I have finished all the finished chapters! Both for Night Elf and Highborne and i need to continue!!

Level 4
hey Tunro waht about this model? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/hero-inquisitor-268820/

It could be used as an Elite unit or for Jarod shadowsong, i dont know i think this one looks way more brutal and awesome than your bladmaster jarod? are you maybe interested in using this model ?

I don't this model can fit Jarod Shadowsong for me because Jarod is a night elf warrior, a warrior should be wielding a sword and not be ride with horse or something, yes this model is cool but this is not fit Jarod shadowsong for me. Let's see Turno he want to use this model or not.

Level 31
Level 16
Hey Turnro, I finished it in Insane mode, except the ending of chapter 4 - Highborne.
So what are you planning about the future releases, are you going to release one chapter for update?. Also am I missing something or do I have to replay the campaign each time I update it?

Level 31
Hey Turnro, I finished it in Insane mode, except the ending of chapter 4 - Highborne.
So what are you planning about the future releases, are you going to release one chapter for update?. Also am I missing something or do I have to replay the campaign each time I update it?

My plan is to update Malfurion's Quest once Chapter 5 for both the Sentinel and Highborne story are done. I've finished the initial maps for the Sentinel chapter, and am currently working on the Highborne version.

No release date is available yet, but the next patch will add 5 new maps to the campaign.

As for your last question, you will be able to use temporary cheat codes to skip to the new maps once the new campaign patch becomes publicly available.

Level 12
But Turnro why do you leave the players to use cheat codes ,when you worked those maps and your time.
Anyone have to handle the game in the best mode he can.
Maybe because is everyone choice ? Some people just want a fast game or they cant complete a mission

Level 8
I think that's why there are the different dificults, so people can practice in other way, i too thought that of the cheat, but i understand now why are those modes, it's like Rowan the Wise, in Normal you play with cheats and regular difficult, in Hard you don't have cheats but it gets more or less balanced with the legendary items, i guess that will be the same here and that's why are the different dificults or i think that.

Level 16
But Turnro why do you leave the players to use cheat codes ,when you worked those maps and your time.
Anyone have to handle the game in the best mode he can.

He disabled cheat codes on Hard and Insane. He only allows SOME cheats on normal difficulty, some that don't change the gameplay aspect too much.
It's a free choice really. If we look back and see the normal campaign, there are quite a few eastern eggs I found using cheats.

Anyway, the 'cheats' that Turnro mentioned are CODES that allow you to continue the campaign until the full release is available. He should stop calling them cheats though I agree :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 8
He disabled cheat codes on Hard and Insane. He only allows SOME cheats on normal difficulty, some that don't change the gameplay aspect too much.
It's a free choice really. If we look back and see the normal campaign, there are quite a few eastern eggs I found using cheats.

Anyway, the 'cheats' that Turnro mentioned are CODES that allow you to continue the campaign until the full release is available. He should stop calling them cheats though I agree :ogre_hurrhurr:

If this is true about turnro campaigns than it's okay ,but i'm just trying to say that if we chose the easy way than who will see the harder way.(the creator work).
I have nothing else to say about this.
Thanks.