1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Turnro, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Suggested Tyrande Spell Set

Q - Starfall
    Calls down stars upon the target area. Enemies hit take 60/100/140 damage and are marked with Starlight, revealing them for 3 seconds and slowing them by 30%.

W - Searing Arrows
    Deals 12.5/22.5/32.5 damage over 3 seconds to the next target. When hitting a target with starlight, 2.5/5/7.5 damage is added to the DPS.

E - Trueshot Aura (Same)

R - Moonstorm
    Fires 3 waves of arrows over 3 seconds. Each wave deals 100 + Tyrande's damage, may proc Searing Arrows and may be enhanced by Trueshot Aura.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well , i must agree , interesting spells but he already has the first 2 spells

3. Dragunov

Dragunov

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hi I play your demo and it's awesome. About the cheat: Good idea for disabling cheats because I don't like cheat when I play Warcraft 3 Custom Campaign(Too easy if there is a cheat :().

4. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Lol if you don't want then don't put some lol.

5. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know right! XD

6. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just said

7. Darxy

Darxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd say increase the reveal time on Q from 3 seconds to like 15 cause 3 is like nothing. Don't think there is a need for slow, though.

For W I'd say make her do flat damage (just like the original one) and only if she is hitting marked targets (that 15seconds window) make it leave a DoT.

R seems really cool even though I would rather see an army buff-like spell. Probably an attack speed increase for set amount of time. You know, archers go all elune's grace madness and shit... :D

8. Budiman

Budiman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there any demo for Highbourne's chapter 4?

9. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I made the Q reveal in an AoS standpoint, but I guess this is more on melee so I'll increase it by 2.

That makes sense, the suggested ult. Allows more searing arrows.

Edited Suggestion
    Suggested Tyrande Spell Set

Q - Starfall
    Calls down stars upon the target area. Enemies hit take 60/100/140 damage and are marked with Starlight, revealing them for 6 seconds and slowing them by 40% (decays over the duration).

W - Searing Arrows
    Deals 10/20/30 damage to the next target. When hitting a target with Starlight, 10/15/20 damage is additionally dealt over 3 seconds.

E - Trueshot Aura (Same)

R - Moonstorm
    Nearby allies gain 50% attack speed and 15% movement for 7 seconds.

10. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Moonstorm? Maybe Elune's Blessing?

11. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not for the time being. At the moment, I'm keeping all the new maps until the initial version of the campaign is completed.

Yes, most of your suggestions do seem the way to go. The only change to this I would make is renaming Starfall to Moonfire (or something similar). I'll play around with these spells and see how they go.

12. rotjeking7

rotjeking7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you have any idea when you will finish the campaign? I am a big fan of you campaigns and I am really looking forward to this one. Keep up the good work!

13. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately not :( The campaign still has a while to go, and it is difficult for me to estimate an exact time when it will be done by.

Once more work on Malfurion's Quest has been done, I will have a clearer idea on when the campaign will be released.

14. rotjeking7

rotjeking7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, thank you for the reply.

15. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well maybe the progres of Malfurion Quest is a bit slow but is more important that Turnro work on it

16. The Slut Bunny

The Slut Bunny

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have played the demo , amazing so far ( a few very minor speech errors ) i look forward to playing the rest !!! :grin:

17. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey guys!

Development of Chapter 4 of the Sentinel storyline has been running smoothly. Although there are no new screenshots for this post, I will be releasing some over the weekend so stay tuned ;)

Firstly, I have implemented most of Mythic's suggestions for Tyrande's spells into Malfurion's Quest, and they work as expected. The only spell I chose not to give to her in the end was Moonstorm, since the ability didn't appeal to me.

Next, I would like to share with you guys my current schedule for what I plan to do over the next couple of months. While I continue towards the completion of Malfurion's Quest, there are a few other projects and things that I will be doing as well.

Firstly, I am working to complete Malfurion's Quest Chapter 4 "Spread of the Corruption" by 23rd November. Its proceeding interlude, "Fear of the Prophecy", will be finished shortly afterwards.

Once these two maps are done, I will take a short break to update The Adventures of Rowan the Wise. The main motivations behind this update will be to fix some major bugs and improve the gameplay of the campaign overall. If you guys have played The Adventures of Rowan the Wise and have any feedback you wish to give me, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Finally, I have the series of custom multi-player maps I wish to embark in within the near future. This is exciting for me since I have never made a true multi-player map before. More information about these maps and what they have to offer will be revealed soon.

18. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Oh, interesting, :)

19. kakuzu

kakuzu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great Turnro , best of luck to you !

20. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is becoming more and more interesting.

Looking forward to it. :)