• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 30
I suppose these abilities will make them useless for attack(since they'll not be attacking while casting), but good enough as meat shield on the front line. Taking that punishment.
There's also an alternative you could go for, since the NE have far too many casters to begin with.
Tomoraider in his campaign of Forsaken made a unit dread guard, this unit serves as the sentry mostly. He starts of with a meh health of 500-600 if I remember correctly and has an ability life drain [he drains enemies health over a (long)period of time, thus recovering his health as well, but renders him unable to attack so pretty useless to deal damage]. Now you could consider making elune's blessing something like this.
Also that unit has spell immunity but that would make a t1 unit too OP, unless, you strip their damage to equal a footman. I can see that working actually. :)

I'm fine with the Sentries not being able to deal damage while they are casting. Their cast is a late-game ability, and at a point where Sentries don't deal that much damage anyway.

Your description for a life steal ability makes sense, although I don't think it would be an appropriate ability for the Night Elves in general.

Level 27
Why not use the Bersek skills from the trolls, this skill has a property if you reverse the damage extra the unit gets inmune to attacks, but with the optional buff of attack/movement speed.

So if you give them a limited 5 to 10 seconds of damage inmunity, with an optional buff to speed, you don't need to make the unit ranged or add more spells. Of course with a cooldown like 60 seconds it balances itself.

Level 16
Hey guys why discuss this theme so long ,realy get tired to speack something else or to think to suggestion for the other chapters.

'Cos speacking is what people do :ogre_hurrhurr:

Don't worry, Turnro is already up his way of making the next chapters, this way he knows there are people interested and eager to get the final piece done. It is sort of a motivation, so to say.

Level 30
Level 3
I like your changes, but I suggest that you can give sentry the Ensnare ability like the raider has, which may makes sentry more useful at the earlier stage of the game.

Level 8
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've updated this forum, so this post will explain my progress so far.

I am about 75% done with Chapter 5 of the Sentinel storyline. Most of the remaining work is to do with the transition maps, which I posted about earlier. My aim is to get this chapter finished by the end of the month, in which I will proceed with the Highborne version of Chapter 5.

For now, here are some more screenshots:

183891-albums7057-picture99811.jpg

183891-albums7057-picture99812.jpg

Hello after you finished with chapter 5 night elf may i suggest to make the interlude ,,The legion returns" and only after proceed with the highborne, its much easy and less work to do after and its not take too much time with the interlude.

Level 5
OK SPOILERS IF ANY READ THIS BEFORE PLAY THE CAMPAIGN

your campaign series are perfect, an original storyline, maps that look beautiful and enjoying quests. but furion's quest has gone far more epic and beyond. 10000/10. i really love it. seriously, you must be very proud of yourself

i dont know if this is a bug or i dont play with the correct strategy, but it is impossible to defeat tyrande in the temple of the moon chapter. after hit her she disappears and then i get the fiire ability and i have to kill two owls, then again to hit tyrande ,who casts a wave of stars and the mana shield is enabled. then she becomes invisible again and three owls apeear this time. tyrande appears again and she casts her classic starfall. in that moment i am low on life and mana and tyrande has 400 or more life. it is impossible for me to defeat her. there are no healing or mana runes, nor anything i can use on her except the two spells that i get during the fight.

have i had any bug or i miss something?? i played on normal mode

now the story. in any story, i accept the autor's decision to let happen sad things, its the story he/she choose and everyone have to accept that. but damn it, you had to kill tyrande in the highborne storyline. i would prefer she somehow survived the fight and appear in later episodes. a love of 10000 years can't end like this. (it was the pain who said this XDDDDD)

now a suggestion. the music.
in the chapter two i liked more the music you put in the first version you uploaded when you had to decide to drink or not. it was more: decide furion, decideeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also during important fights i missed the appropiate music, for example at tyrande's fight and i dont remember any other because i played it a few days ago, but it would be great if you put the appropiate music at fight spots.

Level 30
Hello after you finished with chapter 5 night elf may i suggest to make the interlude ,,The legion returns" and only after proceed with the highborne, its much easy and less work to do after and its not take too much time with the interlude.

I was actually going to go ahead with the Highborne version of Chapter 5 before proceeding with the Interlude "The Legion's Return". I cannot say why, but thanks for your suggestion since interludes do take much less time than chapters.

153325-albums2005-picture15704.jpg

Would this work for you Turno?
Its one of the hidden icons from the Warcraft III stuff.

I'm afraid this icon is already used for the Archer's "Elune's Grace" passive ability, but it is a good icon nonetheless.

i dont know if this is a bug or i dont play with the correct strategy, but it is impossible to defeat tyrande in the temple of the moon chapter. after hit her she disappears and then i get the fiire ability and i have to kill two owls, then again to hit tyrande ,who casts a wave of stars and the mana shield is enabled. then she becomes invisible again and three owls apeear this time. tyrande appears again and she casts her classic starfall. in that moment i am low on life and mana and tyrande has 400 or more life. it is impossible for me to defeat her. there are no healing or mana runes, nor anything i can use on her except the two spells that i get during the fight.

have i had any bug or i miss something?? i played on normal mode

I will consider making the boss fight easier on Normal difficulty. At the moment, whether or not you win depends on your ability to reserve Malfurion's mana until the final part of the boss fight.

Level 3
I will consider making the boss fight easier on Normal difficulty. At the moment, whether or not you win depends on your ability to reserve Malfurion's mana until the final part of the boss fight.

As someone who enjoyed this campaign alot on insane, the Tyrande battle offends me. Because it cannot be beaten unless you pick items geared for survival like Ring of Regeneration. Im using my mana crystal and I still cant get her below 300 hp no way ever.

There is no skill involed, just one wave you can dodge once, otherwise its just autoattack and watch the enemy eat through your shield. Im going to have to go down to normal due to poor boss design because I cant beat it with the items ive gathered. Dont freaking punish people for picking int+ items. The fight also should be skill based dodging aoe or picking up timed runes. But no, its just a dumb auto attack fest.

0/10.

Level 8
I beat Tyrande on Insane mode but not without inventory,she has more hitpoint than furion
so you will need all the best items for Furion gathered from the first chapter,than you have a chance to the combat,well that was my proceeding plan.

Level 30
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've posted an update, so this will be a short post to inform you of my progress so far.

The development of the bonus maps for Chapter 5 of the Sentinel storyline is going well. Apart from slight loading delays, the map transitions for the chapter work as intended and is proving to be a great way of adding more content to the map.

For now, here's a screenshot from one of the bonus maps:

183891-albums7057-picture100802.jpg

Level 30
Hey guys! This is a quick note to say that I have finished the initial version of Chapter 5 of the Sentinel storyline! As such, I am now able to begin development of the Highborne version of Chapter 5.

183891-albums7057-picture101134.jpg

My current plan is to update Malfurion's Quest on Hive once Chapter 5 for both storylines are finished and tested. This update will add 5 new maps, as well as fix several known bugs. More news will be available soon ;)

Level 11
I was just wondering, WTF happened to Archimonde in your timeline? Did he go to Draenor to get rekt by a punch of mortals?

Level 29
I was just wondering, WTF happened to Archimonde in your timeline? Did he go to Draenor to get rekt by a punch of mortals?

Given that some warcraft characters never appeared, like Jaina Proudmore, Muradin Bronzebeard or Mannoroth, it is possible that in this story Archimonde doesn´t exist. Or that or he was killed long ago in some war.
I realized something: In 'Ressurection of the Scourge' Araj claimed that besides the World Tree, the only other possible way to summon the Burning Legion was by using the Sunwell. But in 'The Adventures of Rowan the Wise' the Scourge conquered Quel'Thalas but didn´t use it to summon the Legion. Why? And why they started summoning it weeks later somewhere near Dalaran?

Level 29
According to the first post, Kazzak the Supreme wields Archimonde's warblade, so at some point, Archimonde must have existed. I dare say he had been killed in the first invasion of the Legion or something.

Then this must have happened long before Azgalor was voted leader of the Burning Legion, because he didn´t show up at the voting. And there is no way Archimonde would let someone else be the leader.

Level 12
Then this must have happened long before Azgalor was voted leader of the Burning Legion, because he didn´t show up at the voting. And there is no way Archimonde would let someone else be the leader.
Kil Jaeden is the curent leader of The Burning Legion.

Level 29
Kil Jaeden is the curent leader of The Burning Legion.

I know. What I am saying is that if Archimonde was alive when Azgalor was chosen as leader of the Burning Legion, he would be one of the candidates.

And I wonder what will the commanders of the Burning Legion think when they discover that Kil'jaeden indirectly helped the orcs kill Azgalor and later he killed Tichondrius. The dreadlords already know of this but the rest don´t.

Level 3
I know. What I am saying is that if Archimonde was alive when Azgalor was chosen as leader of the Burning Legion, he would be one of the candidates.

And I wonder what will the commanders of the Burning Legion think when they discover that Kil'jaeden indirectly helped the orcs kill Azgalor and later he killed Tichondrius. The dreadlords already know of this but the rest don´t.

Maybe when they discover the truth, some loyalists would rebel against Kil'jaeden like the dreadlords, thus may lead to the failure of legion's invasion.

Level 30
Wind Serpent
183891-albums7057-picture101227.jpg

Hi guys! Here's the new unit you will acquire in Chapter 5 of the Highborne storyline: the Wind Serpent. He is a tier-three aerial assault unit, ideal for dealing with large enemy force groups. Wind Serpents have access to the following abilities:

183891-albums7057-picture101225.jpg

Arcane Bolt
An auto-cast ability that increases damage and allows the Wind Serpent to deal area-of-effect damage.

183891-albums7057-picture101226.jpg

Cloud
A channeling spell that disarms enemy ranged units from attacking.