• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a unit unselectable in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ok i hav already searched this topic and did not found any relevant topics so here it is:

How do you make a unit unselectable in the game even if u you owned it like the locust units which will enter the game when a cryptlord casts locust swarm?

Where exactly in the unit editor should i edit?

I really want to know the answer because i am making a spell called "Ancestral Guardian" where a snowy owl will follow my hero by ordering it to follow attack/casting unit & cast harmful spells to attacking unit & friendly spells to the attacked unit (my hero) or when my hero cast ability ill order the S.Owl to cast something>
______
anyone? pls..

Level 22
First off, the locust is an ability, not an individual unit.

But to answer your question, that option I believe is in the object editor, although I may be thinking of doodads, which bfor sure has a "selectable in-game" option. My only other thought would be to set the selection scale mof the unit to zero.
-VGsatomi

Level 9
VGsatomi said:
First off, the locust is an ability, not an individual unit.

But to answer your question, that option I believe is in the object editor, although I may be thinking of doodads, which bfor sure has a "selectable in-game" option. My only other thought would be to set the selection scale mof the unit to zero.
-VGsatomi

Yes, Ive seen the option "selectable in-game" in doodad editor & it is only available there.

But you can find the locusts in the unit editor particularly in the Undead>special units & besides when i inspected the locust ability it says something there about unit type of summoned unit: locust, so from there, locusts should be categorized as units.

Level 9
To my recollection, ive looked in the undead>hero>cryptlord locust ability & besides its the only locust ability ive found in the spell editor.

These are the ideas that are in my mind & i dont have WE right now so it will remain an idea:
"Is it possible to place locusts in my map, but if it is possible, can they be selected in the actual game?" (perhaps the answer to this is needless to say, i can try it when i go home)

The only disadvantage i think to the idea that is to set the selection scale=0 is when my hero is w/ a particular group less than 12 & when ill drag the mouse, the S. owl will be included thus interrupting the action follow attacked/casting unit=my hero.

Level 9
locust units if they are NOT under locust swarm ,so units are also selectable.
i don't know about scaling but by triggers you may do that
(BOLLEAN)
(Selected unit equal to := your unit) = yes
Action
Remove triggering unit from selection
( but it doesn't work i think)

or this one 9but this will be a little weird for the player:

Event
Player1 select the unit
Condition
(BOLLEAN)
(Selected unit equal to := your unit) = yes
Action
Selection - Clear selection for player1

P.S. i already saw the topic like this at forum here and answered on it)

Level 8
If you give a dummy unit the Locust ability and then use Chaos to transform it into your Owl, the owl will be unselectable by you, but can still be issue orders by trigger. It can also be attacked, but won't show a lifebar (if you don't want it to be attackable, give it Invulnerable (neutral)).

Status
Not open for further replies.