• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make your own class!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I have thought of a huge amount of abilities that I am able to code. However, I don't know which ones would actually be considered "fun".

The solution? I'll give a list of all abilities and you'll say which ones would make up your own dream class.
You can add new abilities. I'll add them to the list.

Think and talk about:
How many abilities would be perfect for you to handle?
Playstyle - How do the chosen abilities synergize, if at all?
Why do you like those abilities most and not some others?
What kind of gameplay would you use such a character for?
Group/Solo balance - Do you work alone, or in groups with other kinds of characters?

Choose 4-7 active abilities and up to 3 passives.
You don't have to pick that many abilities, those are just rough guidelines.

The abilities that get more votes are more likely to be implemented.
ANY kind of constructive criticism is appreciated.

The abilities

Last edited:
Level 14
These are some really nice ability ideas. I haven't read through all of them yet, but when I do I'll let you know which ones I like the best.

From what I have read through so far the most interesting ones to me are:
Mana Elemental (I like the fact that it can gain power and actually change size)
Seed (I like how it can be unlocked)
Rock Barrier
Vortex

and Burnout just because it would work well with any other skills that utilize int.

These really don't go together into one hero obviously, they are just some of the ones that stood out to me.

Level 21
Alright, waiting for those two.
To not keep it stagnant, I'll make up some ideas on the way.

Shadow Berserker - A highly dangerous melee warrior that likes surprise attacks.
Strengths: High burst and sustained damage. Can sneak up on targets and catch up again if a target gets away.
Weaknesses: Prone to running out of mana due to spamming power strikes. Easy to kite if you have the CC to cancel out jolt.
Actives:
Berserk - Increases your attack rate by a set amount and further increases it by 2% per percentage of health lost during duration. Lasts 6 seconds.
Power Strike - The next basic attack deals double damage. This ability resets whenever you kill a unit. Upon killing a hero, the ability will deal triple damage once within 10 seconds.
Shadow Step -
Passive - Marks any unit you harm with direct damage. Can only have 1 unit marked at a time.
Active - Teleports you behind the marked target and stuns them for 0.8 seconds.
Shadow Cloak - Instantly turns you invisible and starts charging up a shield at a rate of X per second. Dealing or taking damage cancels invisibility. Upon losing invisibility for any reason you gain a shield that lasts Y seconds. Long cooldown, average duration.
Ancestry - Regenerates X% of max health and mana per second after 3 seconds. This ability cancels when you take any kind of damage.

Passives:
Honed Strikes - Upon killing a unit with a basic attack your basic attacks will bleed targets for 5 seconds. If the killed unit is a hero, then the bleed also slows the target.
Jolt - Upon targeting an enemy in 300 range, quickly moves to that unit. Does not activate if you have damaged a unit in 5 seconds.

Can be useful for killing masses of small units individually or to duel other heroes.
For small units just spam power strikes and normal attacks on them. The combination of honed strikes and power strikes will take them down fast and the fast kills will keep you going.
In the case of (dangerous) heroes, it is probably best to start with shadow cloak and wait out most of the duration. After that, attack the target from behind(to get extra time from turning around) and activate berserk. Then keep on spamming power strikes. This will either kill the enemy fast or force them to escape. If they escape, you can use shadow step to catch up. If the target can deal high damage, then yours will also scale up thanks to berserk.
Once the target is dead you can quickly initiate on another one thanks to a combination of honed strikes and power strike.
Once the fight is over just use Ancestry to recover back to full health and mana.

Think and talk about:
How many abilities would be perfect for you to handle?
Playstyle - How do the chosen abilities synergize, if at all?
Why do you like those abilities most and not some others?
What kind of gameplay would you use such a character for?
Group/Solo balance - Do you work alone, or in groups with other kinds of characters?
1. The total is 7, but only 5 are active. This is because using more abilities in between spamming power strikes may get a bit too frantic for my taste.
2. I like berserkers in general, because it's fun to just storm into battle without having to overthink things.
3. Explained in Playstyle.
4. Probably alone, but it would be handy to have someone with CC around.

I wish I actually needed new abilities for this character, but it seemed unnecessary.

There's more where that came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.