1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What Classes/Playstyles You Wish To See

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by Wolfe, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, another thread from the Shadows of Everwood ORPG team. This time regarding classes/playstyles that you wish to see in an ORPG game.

The question is simply what kind of classes you want to see? What playstyle do you want to see present? What mechanics do you wish to see in a class?

For those who are a little misled, here is are a couple of examples:

Looking forward to seeing your responses!

2. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well here are some classes:
    1. Tamer - This class uses manipulative/summoning spells. It is good for attacking large amounts of unit. Their abilities would be more of summoning ones. Or maybe an ability which stuns/ neutralizes some creeps. It should have weak attack but maybe high defence or speed. This class needs a LOT of mana. Attacks land units but can attack air with help of maybe some abilities.

2. Ninja/Assasin - This class has high speed/moderate intelligence, high attack speed but LOW attack. It should be good in stealth missions. Abilities should be does blink ones, quick strikes, and maybe some multiplying spells. There should be some stun spell/s for balance. This class is maybe a supporting one. Like he is good for supporting in engaging attacks with those tank/damage dealer classes. Attacks land units.

3. Draconic - Basically a half dragon half knight class. Great attack and defence but low attack speed and speed. Damage dealer class. Spells are something like destruction spells/wide damage dealing spells and maybe one - two transformation spells, which makes them a REAL dragon. A good one for dealing damage to bosses. Attacks land units.

3. Kala

Kala

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Something new. It's always the same: Squire, Ranger etc...

Something like Frog Tamer would be nice :D

4. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hmmm...

1)Hypnotist/Illusionist - someone which uses the powers of the enemies against them. He could have abilities for copying enemy abilities or controlling the enemies...

2)Materializer - someone which converts energy into physical weapons...

5. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Check out Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1 and check out its classes.
    You need an emulator to play, unless you already have the CD and a PS1.

If you're too lazy to search for it, you can ask Ramza. I'm pretty sure he loves the game. :)

6. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Oh, FFT... Squires, ninja, monk, geomancer, calculator, oracle, chemist, knights, holy knights... and a lot more...

I love geomancers...

and there's a map here based on FFT...

7. Davesanz

Davesanz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mentalist

Mostly an antimage class, but not only that. He can mind control weak enemies, so they will act as his minions. He can copy himself, confunsing enemies with "Mirror Images" like the blade master. He is able to turn a group of enemies insane, making them attack each other for a short time, or he can daze them, CCing them until theyre hurt or after the effect is over.
    He is mostly an antimage class because he can burn or steal the mana of his enemies; maybe he could use a DOT on the enemy that hurts him harder, or longer, depending on the mana amount of the enemy.
    Obviously he must be able to use an Interrupt ability, but also he could be able to copy an enemy's ability being cast.
    He could use a Fear effect, or a Disorienting one.
    He has a little amount of direct damage spells, but he can enhance allies with Fear Resistances, Spell Deflection, Fatigue Supression (something that makes allies slightly faster or stronger, but causes them to loose a little amount of their hitpoints, possibly after the effect passes). There are many adequate auras for a sorceror who plays with the mind of his allies and enemies, its up to those who create the class.

I hope you forgive my pityful english.

8. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually the Mentalist was my idea long time ago. But I don't know what Wolfe did with the idea in the end. >.>

9. Davesanz

Davesanz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didnt know.

10. Batopi

Batopi

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should take a look at upcoming mmos or rpgs as they frequently come up with new ideas for classes like rift.

In order to give any ideas I'd like to know what classes your currently looking at and possibly filling in any more slots.

11. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well we'd like to make them more original even if that is actually impossible atm with all of the new MMO's coming up. But we are doing our best.

12. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Having a Ranger with some abilities like the hunter, mixed in with some druid for the nature spells he/she has, and then some good pets for the Ranger as well.
    Just would be cool to see some the Warcraft III heroes into WoW, like Tinkers for Goblins for special reasons, Beastmaster for the Horde and Alliance for pets, training in good arts and kinda like the hunter and warrior mixed.

13. sabrioo

sabrioo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd like a blademaster class. A melee fighter specialized in using two 1 handed blade to strike his enemy, always followed by a group of illusions that assists him. He could uses wind magic to enchants his weapon or deals damage at distance or even at melee.
    Some Example
    Mirror Image - summons an illusion to follows the hero until it dies. illusions deals x% of the hero's damage and takes x% of the damage the hero should take. When the hero casts a spell and Mirror Images are in range to cast it too, there is a chance that they also casts the spell, dealing X% of it's normal damage. Up to X illusions are possible at a time
    Etheral Strike - Inflicts damage to the target and summons and additionnal copy. The hero can only have X illusions active at the same time
    Wind Gust - A violent gust of wind appears in front of the hero, dealing damage to enemies in a cone and pushing them back

My second idea would be a hybrid warrior/warlock. The Demonic Knight. A powerful melee DPS or Tank that can uses powerful damaging curses to inflicts damage over time accompagned with his demon that will help him finishing his enemy. Or a powerful tank that uses crippling curses to weaken the damage they deal to him

14. milc546

milc546

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd like a super versatile class good for single player. It would have lots of different abilities. It could be a hunter, with a good aura and have swappable weapons like bow, dagger, sword and stuff.

15. WillofKhrone

WillofKhrone

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd love to play as a Dustomancer; minion mage, based on dust, maybe have some Sand Witch spells.

16. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Dustomancer, based from DMC3?

as for weapon versatility, the classes really won't be limited to just a one weapon type...

17. milc546

milc546

Resources:
    Resources:
    I mean one class with A LOT of different weapons, which could easily fill the role of other classes in single player. Like it could fill a mobber's role with one of his weapons, and stuff like that. Sorry if I'm not clear enough.

18. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    so a jack of all trades, master of none... ^_^

19. milc546

milc546

Resources:
    Resources:
    Exactly! Master of none! Jack of all trades!

20. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Librarian
    Based on Warhammer 40k: The Space Marines

An agility mixed intelligence class consisting of anti-mage and supporter and creep killer hero.

You work on the details yourselves.