• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Job Class and Ability Ideas NEED EVERYONES IDEAS ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well I'm making 8 job classes for my map and I kinda need help on their abilities. Here are the job classes I made for now

Job Classes

Blade Dancer – A fast and agile class that deftly wields swords and use special combos in battle.(I'll be needing a sort of combo system for this one but for now please post some of your ideas.)

Abilities:

Harvest Cleric – A class with powerful healing and support magic but is a bit frail and is weak in combat.

Abilities:

Resonancer – A fast agile class like that of the Blade Dancer, that has powerful magic and uses her Resonance Blade to produce sounds and pitches that support an ally or bring down foes.(They usually have channeling spells)

Abilities:

Whisperer – A unique class that can call the spirits of the land to devastate enemies or help allies with AOE spells. (Mainly based as a summoner)

Abilities:

Fenrir - Summons fenrir running to a target creating novas of frost along his path. Once he has reached the end he explodes into a gigantic nova.

Spellbinder – These powerful sword wielders can negate magic around them and use it in their advantage.

Abilities:

Artifice Child - People from the human race that have been cursed to never again, grow up. They will remain as children in appearance. They have powerful hypnotic powers that twist and turns the minds of enemies.

Abilities:

Ancient Scholar - ???

Abilities

Ninja - A shadowy figure that lurks in darkness ready strike from the shadows. He has powerful skills in distracting, escaping, and hunting down foes, with he's do called "Jutsu's". (Not very original but I wanted to emphasize on their"Jutsu" skills cause I mean ninja = win XD)

Abilities

You can give as many ideas as you can.

Your suggestions are very much welcome, some people say, let'r rip! ^.^

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Thanks, The spellbinder is one of my favorites too. ^^

NOTE: Credits will be nice, i see you also added whisperer

Level 8
Im just going to give links to spells that might fit your character classes

Characters

There arent Any Sound Spells i could find:confused:...Soz

Give Credit to the maker of those spells if you use em :thumbs_up:
If you want other ideas just gimme a Shout:xxd:

Level 10
^^, How about Magic Knight? P:

well I kinda imagined that spellbinder would be like a magic knight. He had the power to "steal" the spells of enemies and use it, silence them, those sort of stuff.

Im just going to give links to spells that might fit your character classes

Give Credit to the maker of those spells if you use em :thumbs_up:
If you want other ideas just gimme a Shout:xxd:

Ooooh neat! thanks and will do! :thumbs_up:

Lol, what's Resonator?

Well I wanted a bard class . . . that uses sound. Well I really didn't want to use "Bard". I also had the idea of a muse that used songs. Then I used it's model for cleric. So I had the warden model. When I was thinking for a good class, other than assassin, etc. I kinda noticed her weapon looked like a Tambourine . . . with blades. And so she'd use sounds or pitches for her spells. Like when she uses a sound spell she "resonates" it to enemies/allies releasing frequencies that affect them. (e.g. minus armor, plus damage, slow, etc.)

so anymore questions? ;)

Level 21
Hierophant:

Support/Harass Class

Description: One of the very rare hierophants, those can read hieroglyphs of old and powerful magics, they use their power to improve their allieds and let their enemies suffer.

Idea: A hero who has 3 spells.

1. Book of Jiang
Description: Book full of spells which fill your allies with power.

2. Book of Keng

Description: Book full of spells which let your enemies suffer.

TIP: Don't use my descriptions.

Everytime you level up a book ability you get more abilities up to a certain amount of spells.

3. Spell

Mastery of Hierophants

Description: passive talent which boosts the power of your hierophants spells.

This increases the efficiency of the hierophants spells.

My Idea as a whole: A hero who has to decide, does he want to be specialized on something, then he levels only that book and the mastery, or does he want to be mediocre? Then he levels both books and a bit of the hierophant mastery!

And he uses no mana, he can use glyphs, which he can summon with each book, he can summon Jiang-Glyphs and Keng-Glyphs which are used as "mana" for the spells he cast.

Creating a glyphe costs no mana, has a 15 seconds cooldown, he can have 5 of each glyph.

Each spellcast consumes a glyph, or sometimes really mighty spells consume 2!

Level 9
Here's mine

Hypnomancer

The Hypnomancer is a physically weak class, being limited to a staff, but can wear the greatest armor available. The Hypnomancer is capable of peering into the mind of enemies, creating illusions and creating havoc

Confusion: The Hypnomancer claws into the mind of his victim and creates a feeling of confusion. The target will ignore random orders given to it for a set time

Hallucinate: The Hypnomancer causes the mind of an enemy to see itself. Only the enemy can see the illusion, and can flee or fight. The enemy will take damage from the illusion. The illusion lasts until killed

Weaken: The Hypnomancer causes his target to feel great fatigue, lowering all of it's speed values to 50%. When the duration is over, the target will regain and health and energy lost during the effect

Shatter: The Hypnomancer breaks the mind of his victim. While shattered, the victim must fight illusions of itself that continue to spawn. The victim is unable to be damaged by enemies during the duration, but the illusions can kill the target. Lasts for a set duration

Level 10
redscores: Awesome Idea dude!~ I like it but I'll rename it and change a bit of it's description.

I'll call it, Ancient Scholar(still an Idea) Instead of Glyphs they use words. A bit something like what you said. From there I'll develop that. Is that okay with you? Of course credit to you ^.^

cookies4you: nice Idea as well I'll be using it but I'll be editing some stuff. I'll be calling it Artifice Child (a job class I thought of way back but never really had much) and the name is perfect for the abilities, credit to you too!

Anyway a lot of magic classes, how about warrior classes?

Level 2
Hmm warrior classes
fighter, warrior, knight, squire, barbarian, monk...

depends which one fits into your world view

for fighter abilities, a lot depends on what weapons they use.

Depending on what you want them to do,
for tanks, you can give them abilities that improve hp/def/regeneration
for dps give them something like critical, increase attack speed, increase defend/ decrease defend of enemy
for anti magic, give them something like charge, magic resistance or some ranged stun skill.
for supportive, give them aura / warcry like skills, maybe area skills like slam

Status
Not open for further replies.