• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Equipment ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was looking at different games, not just wc3 and wanted to get ideas for different weapon an armor designs for an rpg.
It should include tiers of armors and tiers of weapons.
I saw the one about Open RPGs and thought i could spin off from that.

Old school weapons design
Weapons for each class, fighters can use all of them, casters are limite to staves and basics like daggers,
Armor
Cloth
Leather
Mail
warriors can wear all, hybrids like rogues or clerics can wear leather, casters can only wear cloth
Weapon upgrades - weapon deals bonus fire dmg or ice dmg or lightning dmg, or has life steal.
Occasionally one will let u cast an ability

Typical modified
All classes can use all weapons/armor, but the stats on them are aimed at specific classes.
Weapons give stat bonus and bonuses to spell damage or healing

Atypical modified
All classes can use most weapons/armors, but some are class specific, some of the better ones anyays.
Although there are stats on w/a they are more general to be good for some of the classes, like agility and intelligence, strength and agi. etc. In addition many of them have abilities. The lower ones have crappy chance on hit ones, but the highest level ones must be activated on use, but they're powerful (best example would be TTBE, awesome series btw). I think that would be great because it allows for people to not only cycle through abilities throughout the gameplay, but not have to worry about being limited by class abilities.

The chance on hit items can become really creative. I dont like weapons which cast spells every time. Examples include
scorch - on crit, do aoe splash dmg around the guy he hit.
curse
knockback + 1second stun
3 second cyclone
rend/armor break
etc.

Level 11
Lance- Basic polearm weapon
Weighted Lance- Attack speed decreased Extra damage on creatures with fortififed or heavy armor.
Hollowed Lance- Attack speed increased and Extra damage on creatures with light or medium armor.
Indistructable lance(think I spelled wrong)- Can't be dropped unless you die, plus when you hit an opponent they get -10% of their full armor for 5 seconds.
Poison tipped lance- when opponent is hit they will lose 1 health per second for 10 seconds and stacks.
Modified lance(couldn't think of a good name)- increases range by 50-100 depending on race of wielder.
Curved lance- does a little bit of extra damage to all armor types and can be thrown like a boomerange, and hurts all enemies it passes by.
Ancient Lance- increased damge to all armor types, have castable ability like, depending on weapon type; divine shield for 3 seconds, blink in a 500 range, slam stunning for 3 seconds, or have it random out of those abilities.

Lance is just an example name, could use any weapon type.

Poisoned armor- slightly decreases speed, but when hit opponent takes poison damage.Needle armor- every time your unit is ordered to move you lose 2 hitpoints but when next to an opposing unit the enemy takes 3 hitpoints every second
cursed armor- -1 armor and can't be droped untill death, have item description say " armor that has been blessed"
double plated armor- adds 5 armor but slightly decreases speed.
enhanced armor- increases speed and armor by 3
ancient armor- pretty much same as lance, except adds armor instead of damage.

few ideas i thought of, nothing spectacular but a bit different

Status
Not open for further replies.